Liberty Health and Wellness is a large nursing home located in Liberty, Missouri. This nursing home received a rock bottom overall grade based on the data we looked at. If you are not happy with this facility's pedestrian overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Liberty. The city has just three other nursing homes. We wouldn't blame you if you're ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, we will discuss short-term care in the next paragraph.
Liberty Health and Wellness
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home did not receive any favorable grades. In particular, we gave it an F in the category of short-term care. In our short-term care category, we seek to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at a nursing home's offerings of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Based on its score in this area, we weren't surprised to discover that this place was well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the data we looked at. Lastly, we considered the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. This wasn't a strength for this facility. We found that just 4.7 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, about half of their residents are able to return home so this is well below average.
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's low-end long-term care grade where it received a lowly F. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it typically means the nursing home did not perform well in our quality measures relating to resident care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 87.17201 percent of its residents. This is quite a bit less than what we expected. To our surprise, this place was actually decent at keeping its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had just 0.03 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Liberty Health and Wellness?
We also wanted to draw your attention to this nursing home's inspection grade where it received a lowly F. This often means we found red flags on its inspections. For places with bad inspection grades, you should scrutinize any severe deficiencies found on their inspection reports. This particular nursing home was assessed 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only positive thing we can say is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that indicate that they caused a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, we also would like to point out that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines recently totaling more than $100,000. This generally means that a nursing home's bad track record spanned several years.
The last category we looked at was nursing. This facility was given a rock bottom grade of F in this category. Our nursing category consists of quite a few components, many of which are associated with nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility fared well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these data points to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Liberty Health and Wellness Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 9.32% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 3.98% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percent of long-term care patients who experienced falls which resulted in major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 3.42% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients who suffered from a UTI. UTI's may be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 20.31% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents that are given antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such medications are not medically required. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 24.54% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 4.11% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 88.89% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 14.76% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as moving around and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 15.81% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients who were able to retain mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 1.64 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to preserving the physical health of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 15.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 11.79 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Liberty Health and Wellness, 72.5% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Liberty, MO
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of C
Looking for more options? Liberty, Missouri has 3 other nursing homes
- Liberty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.19 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr Liberty Missouri 64069Government - Hospital District or Authority(816) 781-7200
- North Kansas City HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.89 miles away2800 Clay Edwards Drive Kansas City Missouri 64116Government - Local(816) 691-2000
- Excelsior Springs HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 11.86 miles away1700 Rainbow Boulevard Excelsior Springs Missouri 64024Government - Local(816) 630-6081
- Saint Lukes North HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.98 miles away5830 N W Barry Road Kansas City Missouri 64154Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 891-6000
- Truman Medical Center Hospital HillAcute Care Hospitals 15.38 miles away2301 Holmes Street Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 404-1000
- Childrens Mercy HospitalChildrens 15.58 miles away2401 Gillham Road Kansas City Missouri 64108Voluntary non-profit - Private(816) 234-3000
- Centerpoint Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 16.22 miles away19600 East 39th Street Independence Missouri 64057Proprietary(816) 698-7000
- University of Kansas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.03 miles away4000 Cambridge Street Kansas City Kansas 66160Government - Hospital District or Authority(913) 588-7332
- Liberty Dialysis0.12 miles away2525 Glenn Hendren Dr. Liberty Missouri 64068Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 781-4422
- Shoal Creek Dialysis4.16 miles away8260 N Booth Avenue Kansas City Missouri 64158Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 792-2502
- Isd - Kansas City Renal Center9.14 miles away4333 Madison Ave Kansas City Missouri 64111CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 756-0645
- Excelsior Springs Dialysis10.46 miles away1745 W Jesse James Rd Excelsior Springs Missouri 64024Dialysis Stations: 13 (816) 637-2685
- Northland Dialysis10.91 miles away2750 Clay Edwards Dr. #100 Kansas City Missouri 64116CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (816) 842-2056
- Independence Dialysis Center11.69 miles away1135 S. Claremont Independence Missouri 64054Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 836-1220
- Hospital Hill Dialysis11.84 miles away900 E 21st Street Kansas City Missouri 64108CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (816) 842-9286
- Platte Woods Dialysis12.63 miles away7667 Nw Prairie View Rd Kansas City Missouri 64151CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (816) 746-5542