Located in Turtle Creek, Pennsylvania, Lgar Health and Rehabilitation is the lone facility we were able to find in this area. With an overall score of B+, this is a high quality facility. Based on the data we reviewed, you can do much worse than this facility. We were also pleased to find that this place didn't have any weak links in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories is available below.
Lgar Health and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
800 Elsie Street,
Turtle Creek PA 15145
49% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. These inspection ratings take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this place had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home truly excelled in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Not many facilities performed more favorably in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is typically a good sign for patient care and suggests that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. One of the datapoints we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccinations. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccination to 96.42857 percent of its patients. Vaccination is a reliable method to minimize unnecessary deaths for the aged 65 and up population. Lastly, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lgar Health and Rehabilitation?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. There are many factors within this category. Many of these datapoints reflect staffing levels. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we scored was short-term care. We gave this facility a solid grade in this category, with a grade of B-. Even though this is not as strong as a few of this facility's other grades, it is still not a terrible score. Our short-term care scores are vital for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually utilizes more skilled nursing services. This includes a wide spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we considered in this category is the number of patients that returned home from the nursing home. We found that just 4.4 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lgar Health and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 7.59% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who developed pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a facility provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 3.37% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Major falls are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 1.9% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered from urinary tract infections. Although more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it is difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 15.54% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 19.74% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are typically prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 3.12% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 88.22% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 14.84% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and eating. Many in the industry argue that this is a reliable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 21.64% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 21.64 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 8.92 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lgar Health and Rehabilitation, 72.59% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Upmc EastAcute Care Hospitals 3.82 miles away2775 Mosside Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 357-3000
- Forbes HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.93 miles away2570 Haymaker Road Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 858-2000
- Upmc MckeesportAcute Care Hospitals 4.37 miles away1500 Fifth Avenue Mckeesport Pennsylvania 15132Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 664-2000
- Upmc St MargaretAcute Care Hospitals 6.47 miles away815 Freeport Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15215Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 784-4000
- West Penn HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.32 miles away4800 Friendship Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15224Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 578-5000
- Magee Womens Hospital of Upmc Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away300 Halket Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Other(412) 641-4010
- Upmc Presbyterian ShadysideAcute Care Hospitals 7.48 miles away200 Lothrop Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15213Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 647-8788
- Upmc MercyAcute Care Hospitals 8.67 miles away1400 Locust Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15219Voluntary non-profit - Private(412) 232-8111
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - North Versailles2.81 miles away613 East Pittsburgh Mckeesport Boulevard North Versailles Pennsylvania 15137Dialysis Stations: 19 (412) 675-0960
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Five Points3.03 miles away2534 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146Dialysis Stations: 18 (412) 823-5422
- Davita Monroeville Dialysis3.03 miles away2690 Monroeville Boulevard Monroeville Pennsylvania 15146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (412) 856-5950
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Penn Hills3.59 miles away11624 Keleket Drive Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235Dialysis Stations: 13 (412) 244-3931
- Davita - Penn Hills Dialysis3.69 miles away202 Rodi Road Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15235CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (412) 371-1102
- Davita - East End Pittsburgh4.42 miles away7714 Penn Avenue Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 241-6790
- Dci Renal Services of Pittsburgh, LLC - Point Breeze4.45 miles away7620 Meade Street Pittsburgh Pennsylvania 15221Dialysis Stations: 22 (412) 247-5223
- Davita - Homestead Dialysis4.8 miles away207 West 7th Avenue Homestead Pennsylvania 15120CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (412) 476-8700