Bella Terra Schaumburg is a very-large nursing home located in Schaumburg, Illinois. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We gave it an overall grade of B, which is a respectable grade. Based on our analysis, this facility ought to meet the needs of most people. The best part of this facility's strong report card was its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next paragraph
Bella Terra Schaumburg
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Please note our records indicate that Bella Terra Schaumburg has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of faring well in its overall grade, this facility received even higher grades in our short-term care rating. It received one of our highest scores in that area with an A-. With our short-term care category, we attempt to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation services. In doing so, we look at the facility's offerings of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing scores are largely associated with a facility's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of moving a patient more frequently.
Does this page answer your questions about Bella Terra Schaumburg?
In addition, this nursing home also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspection reports. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ for that category, which is one of our best grades. Our inspection scores are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these facilities should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This facility was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors didn't consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent risk to resident safety or health. A few minor dings are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our fourth area, we awarded this nursing home a grade of D in our long-term care category. This was the nursing home's worst category grade. Unfortunately, this category hurt the facility's overall profile a bit. Facilities that don't fare well in long-term care typically aren't as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. We discovered that this facility gave the vaccine to only 64.60396 percent of its residents, which is not a very encouraging sign. Surprisingly, this facility actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days. This was its best feature in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bella Terra Schaumburg Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of patients who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents which have had UTI's. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this datapoint may be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents which are prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are used to treat residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 29.8% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 87.49% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to gauge patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bella Terra Schaumburg, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Many in the industry would argue that this is a reasonable measure of rehabilitation performance.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 3.4 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 3.76 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.21 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.75 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.55 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.01 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Presence Saint Joseph Hospital - ElginAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away77 N Airlite Street Elgin Illinois 60123Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 695-3200
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.92 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center0.58 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Fmc - Schaumburg1.26 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Fmc - Hoffman Estates2.24 miles away3150 W Higgins Rd Suite 190 Schaumburg Illinois 60195CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 310-0074
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove3.15 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr3.22 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center5.41 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Ara - South Barrington Dialysis Center5.8 miles away33 W Higgins Road, Suites 920-945 Barrington Illinois 60010Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 783-4700
- Fmc - Rolling Meadows5.93 miles away4180 Winnetka Ave. Rolling Meadows Illinois 60008CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 394-6250