Located in Bloomingdale, Illinois, Bella Terra Bloomingdale is one of just three available nursing homes in the area. This nursing home was given an overall grade of B, which is favorable grade. You can definitely do much worse than this place. We were also pleased to find that this nursing home didn't have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Bella Terra Bloomingdale
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Bloomingdale, Illinois Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Bloomingdale, Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a quality overall grade as described above, but we especially want to emphasize its nearly flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded it an A in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in computing our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that CMS did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspection reports are uncommon in the industry.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to this nursing home's list of accomplishments, it also was given a top-shelf short-term care grade. We gave them an impressive strong of A- in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This grade is more often than not a solid assessment of a facility's rehabilitation. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last item we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We found that 6.1 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Bella Terra Bloomingdale?
This facility's next best category grade came in the area of nursing. In that category, we gave this nursing home a grade of B-. This wasn't quite on par with some of its other category grades mentioned above. When determining our nursing grades, we analyze both nursing hours and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This figure is far below the national average. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics. While this nursing home got docked a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its residents experiencing pressure ulcers, it did very well in this area. This is typically an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving residents at least once a day.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we graded was long-term care. We awarded it a grade of C in this category. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. In forming our long-term care ratings, we assess the facility's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. We were a bit concerned this nursing home vaccinated a relatively low 69.00369 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Bella Terra Bloomingdale Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are often linked to poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are often linked to a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint could be misleading for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as dementia. Tragically, in some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 30.45% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents showing depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 87.4% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of decline of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some would argue that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Bella Terra Bloomingdale, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
- Alexian Brothers Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 4.94 miles away800 W Biesterfield Rd Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 437-5500
- Bhc Streamwood Hospital IncPsychiatric 5.34 miles away1400 E Irving Park Road Streamwood Illinois 60107Proprietary(630) 837-9000
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.72 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- St Alexius Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.67 miles away1555 N Barrington Rd Hoffman Estate Illinois 60169Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 843-2000
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 9.15 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Elmhurst Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.76 miles away155 East Brush Hill Road Elmhurst Illinois 60126Proprietary(331) 221-0130
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.87 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Westlake HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.59 miles away1225 Lake St Melrose Park Illinois 60160Voluntary non-profit - Other(708) 938-4000
- Fmc - Glendale Heights Dialysis Center1.12 miles away130 E. Army Trail Road Glendale Heights Illinois 60139CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (630) 924-7286
- Usrc - Villa Park Dialysis3.49 miles away200 E. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 530-5237
- Fmc - Schaumburg3.74 miles away815 West Wise Road Schaumburg Illinois 60193Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 534-0190
- Davita - Schaumburg Renal Center3.75 miles away1156 S. Roselle Rd. Schaumburg Illinois 60193CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (847) 524-4310
- Dialyze Direct Il - Elk Grove4.07 miles away1014 Bonaventure Drive Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007Dialysis Stations: 1 (847) 352-4711
- Davita - Geneva Crossings4.52 miles away546 S Schmale Road Carol Stream Illinois 60188Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 260-4086
- Fmc - Elk Grove Dialysis Ctr4.7 miles away901 Biesterfield Road Ste 400 Elk Grove Village Illinois 60007CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (847) 437-0824
- Davita Salt Creek Dialysis6.3 miles away196 W. North Avenue Villa Park Illinois 60181Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 279-3350