Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp is a facility in Baltimore, Maryland which has a population of 632,623 people. Sporting an overall rating of B+, this looks like a very good facility. This nursing home proved to be one of the better nursing homes in the city, which has a decent selection of facilities. This facility's impressive report card was highlighted by its short-term care grade, which is addressed in the next section.
Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Catheter Care
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility fared well in short-term care. In fact, we awarded it an A for that category. In the category of short-term care, we strive to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents were able to return home.
Adding to this nursing home's list of strengths, it also received an excellent nursing grade. We awarded them an impressive grade of A- in this category. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We look at both the levels of licensure of the nurses and the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp?
This nursing home also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A-. Few facilities performed better in this area. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we scored is this facility's weakest area. However, even in its worst category we still gave it an acceptable grade of C for long-term care. For residents seeking a permanent place to live rather than rehabilitation, long-term care grades are an important measure. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we analyzed the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 79.68254 percent of its residents. This is significantly less than what we expected. On a more positive note, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 10.35% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 2.83% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a fall resulting in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 2.06% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term stay residents that had a urinary tract infection. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 13.12% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. Increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such medications are not medically required. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of residents with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 14.71% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term care residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 10.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 92.62% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 19.85% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 30.15% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents who maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 0.99 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 30.15 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 8.9 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Levindale Hebrew Ger Center & Hsp, 73.77% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living usually correlates with higher quality rehabilitation.
Scores for Baltimore, MD
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Baltimore, Maryland has 26 other nursing homes
- Sinai Hospital of BaltimoreAcute Care Hospitals 0.17 miles away2401 West Belvedere Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21215Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 601-5131
- Medstar Union Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away201 East University Parkway Baltimore Maryland 21218Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 554-2227
- Greater Baltimore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.45 miles away6701 North Charles Street Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(443) 849-2000
- University of Md St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.7 miles away7601 Osler Drive Towson Maryland 21204Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 337-1000
- Medstar Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.08 miles away5601 Loch Raven Boulevard Baltimore Maryland 21239Voluntary non-profit - Other(443) 444-3902
- University of Md Medical Center Midtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.33 miles away827 Linden Avenue Baltimore Maryland 21201Voluntary non-profit - Other(410) 225-8996
- Bon Secours HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.61 miles away2000 W Baltimore Street Baltimore Maryland 21223Voluntary non-profit - Private(410) 362-3000
- Mercy Medical Center IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.99 miles away301 Saint Paul Place Baltimore Maryland 21202Voluntary non-profit - Church(410) 332-9237
- Northwest Dialysis Center1.01 miles away2245 Rolling Run Dr Ste 1 Windsor Mill Maryland 21244CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 265-0158
- Fmc - Cross Keys1.04 miles away2 Hamill Rd Suite 200 Quadrangle Building East Baltimore Maryland 21210Dialysis Stations: 17 (410) 323-4568
- Davita - Falls Road1.97 miles away1423 Clarkview Road Ste 500 Baltimore Maryland 21209CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 828-4643
- Pikesville Dialysis2.08 miles away6609 Reisterstown Road Ste 100 Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 6 (410) 358-1745
- Greenspring Dialysis Center2.23 miles away4701 Mt Hope Dr Ste C Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (410) 585-0467
- Seton Drive Dialysis2.39 miles away4800 Seton Drive Baltimore Maryland 21215CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (410) 585-0446
- Idf - Chestnut Square Dialysis Ctr2.6 miles away3303 Chestnut Ave Baltimore Maryland 21211Dialysis Stations: 21 (410) 366-5400
- Bertha Sirk Dialysis Center2.94 miles away5820 York Rd Ste 10 Baltimore Maryland 21212Dialysis Stations: 16 (410) 532-9311