Lenbrook is a small non-profit nursing home located in Atlanta, Georgia. We gave this facility an impressive overall score of A+. Indeed, it turned out to be the number one rated facility in Atlanta. We really couldn't find many bad things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3747 Peachtree Road, Ne,
Atlanta GA 30319
83.5% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. Although this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
One of the other reasons we rated this nursing home so highly is that it earned a very impressive nursing rating. This turned out to be its second best category grade. In that area, we awarded this facility an A+. Our nursing grade consists of quite a few subcategories, many of which are associated with levels of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Lenbrook?
Long-term Care Quality
The third category we analyzed was long-term care. This facility performed well in our long-term care rating also. We awarded them an exemplary score of A+ in this area. When nursing homes receive this type of score in this category it is usually a good sign for resident care and suggests that the nursing home is well-staffed with nurses aids. Once we concluded our assessment of the quantity of nursing care, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 96.666664 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia sadly can be a life or death health condition for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In the last category we scored, this nursing home was given a very favorable grade of A- in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility finished off a straight A profile. In calculating our short-term care grades, we assess the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is typically a fair measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.1 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lenbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lenbrook, 10.37% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lenbrook, 3.17% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a fall resulting in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lenbrook, 3.19% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this statistic can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lenbrook, 18.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lenbrook, 21.34% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is an indication of the percent of long-term patients who are administered antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lenbrook, 5.28% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Increased levels of depression could imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lenbrook, 93.36% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lenbrook, 16.65% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lenbrook, 20.73% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents that remained mobile levels.
In Lenbrook, 1.6 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lenbrook, 20.73 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lenbrook, 11.5 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lenbrook, 69.89% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 21 other nursing homes
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 3.49 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 4.62 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 5.6 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Davita North Atlanta Home Training3.49 miles away5775 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Ste c110 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 2 (404) 250-0925
- Lake Hearn Dialysis3.85 miles away1150 Lake Hearn Drive Suite 100 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 847-9850
- Emory Dialysis, LLC3.87 miles away5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Suite 501 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 1 (404) 778-8075
- Fresenius Medical Care Perimeter4.02 miles away5825 Glenridge Drive Bldg 3 Suite 150 Atlanta Georgia 30328CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 250-0058
- Southern Lane Dialysis4.23 miles away1840 Southern Lane Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 325-8884
- Pure Life Renal of Perimeter4.54 miles away6160 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Suite a-110 Atlanta Georgia 30328Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 962-5733
- Emory Dialysis LLC5.26 miles away2165 North Decatur Road Suite 100 Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 22 (404) 251-2330
- Loring Heights Dialysis5.3 miles away1741 Commerce Dr. Nw Atlanta Georgia 30318Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 351-5758