Lenbrook is located in Atlanta, Georgia. The city provides a variety of available nursing homes. With an overall grade of A-, this nursing home is one of the better nursing homes we looked at. In fact, this nursing home ended up being one of the 50 best facilities in Georgia. This nursing home's impressive report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which we will address in the next section.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
3747 Peachtree Road, Ne,
Atlanta GA 30319
84% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we look at is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This place was assessed 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. A few minor deficiencies are not something to panic about.
To complement its strong performance in other areas, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the nursing home's nurse staffing. This place offers a very impressive 6.1 hours of nursing care per patient per day. This is among the higher totals in the state. Finally, this place also excelled in the quality measures we looked at. For example, it performed as well as any nursing home the country in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these datapoints as good indicators of the caliber of nursing care offered.
Does this page answer your questions about Lenbrook?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it was given a score of B. It performed better than most facilities in this category. Long-term care scores of this caliber generally require both 24/7 care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine healthcare services. In addition to providing elite levels of nursing care, this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to 98.039215 percent of its patients. This figure is also significantly better than the vast majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.1 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility had less hospitalizations than most nursing homes.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. However, even in its weakest link we still awarded it an acceptable grade of B- in our short-term care category. In the area of short-term care, we seek to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not every facility employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. This proved to be more of a strength for this facility. In fact, we found that it outperformed the majority of nursing homes in the nation in this area with 50.1 percent of its residents returning home. This is a higher rate than most facilities.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lenbrook Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lenbrook, 10.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an barometer of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lenbrook, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a fall which resulted in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lenbrook, 3.2% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are often associated with nursing homes with worse hygiene protocols. More frequent bathing reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. We want to point out that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lenbrook, 18.01% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lenbrook, 21.46% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lenbrook, 5.36% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lenbrook, 93.3% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lenbrook, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lenbrook, 23.16% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that were able to retain mobility. Some believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
In Lenbrook, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lenbrook, 23.16 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lenbrook, 11.64 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lenbrook, 69.86% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue this is a reliable measure of a facility's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Atlanta, GA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Atlanta, Georgia has 21 other nursing homes
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish RiteChildrens 3.49 miles away1001 Johnson Ferry Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Other(404) 785-5252
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.49 miles away1000 Johnson Ferry Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 851-8000
- Saint Joseph's Hospital of Atlanta, IncAcute Care Hospitals 3.53 miles away5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Atlanta Georgia 30342Voluntary non-profit - Private(678) 843-5720
- Piedmont HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.31 miles away1968 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta Georgia 30309Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 605-5000
- Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at EglestonChildrens 4.62 miles away1405 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 785-6101
- Emory University HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1364 Clifton Road, Ne Atlanta Georgia 30322Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 686-8500
- Peachford Behavioral Health System of AtlantaPsychiatric 5.6 miles away2151 Peachford Road Atlanta Georgia 30338Proprietary(770) 455-3200
- Emory Decatur HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.8 miles away2701 N Decatur Road Decatur Georgia 30033Voluntary non-profit - Private(404) 501-1000
- Davita North Atlanta Home Training3.49 miles away5775 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Ste c110 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 2 (404) 250-0925
- Lake Hearn Dialysis3.85 miles away1150 Lake Hearn Drive Suite 100 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 847-9850
- Emory Dialysis, LLC3.87 miles away5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Suite 501 Atlanta Georgia 30342Dialysis Stations: 1 (404) 778-8075
- Fresenius Medical Care Perimeter4.02 miles away5825 Glenridge Drive Bldg 3 Suite 150 Atlanta Georgia 30328CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (404) 250-0058
- Southern Lane Dialysis4.23 miles away1840 Southern Lane Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 16 (404) 325-8884
- Pure Life Renal of Perimeter4.54 miles away6160 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Suite a-110 Atlanta Georgia 30328Dialysis Stations: 17 (954) 962-5733
- Emory Dialysis LLC5.26 miles away2165 North Decatur Road Suite 100 Decatur Georgia 30033Dialysis Stations: 22 (404) 251-2330
- Loring Heights Dialysis5.3 miles away1741 Commerce Dr. Nw Atlanta Georgia 30318Dialysis Stations: 20 (404) 351-5758