Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is a large facility located in Lemont, Illinois. This is a very solid facility, with an overall grade of B. This place truly has plenty of good features. This nursing home's impressive profile was highlighted by its short-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lemont senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this facility also earned an elite short-term care grade. We gave them one of our higher grades in that area, with an A. Short-term care ratings are based in part on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled skilled healthcare professionals. This means a vast spectrum of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, in addition to other forms of therapy. It does not appear that this nursing home submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Lastly, we assessed the number of patients that were able to return home from this nursing home. We found that 7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
In addition, this facility also received top notch inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our better scores in that category, with a grade of B+. Perhaps the most significant factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Facilities with higher grades in this area typically dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this facility had a few minor dings on its inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G through L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. We should note that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in the industry.
Does this page answer your questions about Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
Another one of this facility's impressive category grades came in the area of nursing care. We awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B+. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we consider the amount of time nurses are caring for residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can many times be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we assessed is long-term care, was this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this nursing home a grade of D in this area. This really is one of just a couple of weak points of an otherwise impressive report card. Nursing homes that don't score well in long-term care often don't provide as much nursing care and also may be lagging in some of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 81.30081 percent of its residents. Surprisingly, this facility was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the majority of nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.8% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.56% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care. Closer supervision reduces the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.49% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.65% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.21% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 31.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients demonstrating symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 87.05% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.3% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.44% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' health.
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.92 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 14.44 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.66 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Staying out of the emergency room is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lemont Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 69.52% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements.
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.92 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Palos Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.99 miles away12251 South 80th Avenue Palos Heights Illinois 60463Voluntary non-profit - Private(708) 923-4000
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Adventist Hinsdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away120 North Oak St Hinsdale Illinois 60521Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 856-9000
- Adventist La Grange Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.25 miles away5101 S Willow Springs Rd La Grange Illinois 60525Voluntary non-profit - Church(708) 352-1200
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.99 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.4 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Fmc - Lemont2.22 miles away16177 W 127th Street Lemont Illinois 60439Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 243-0393
- Usrc - Bolingbrook5.57 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis5.97 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Fkc - Woodridge6.89 miles away7550 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 12 (630) 427-0918
- Davita - Palos Park Dialysis6.93 miles away13155 S. Lagrange Road Orland Park Illinois 60462Dialysis Stations: 12 (708) 923-0928
- Davita - Woodridge at Home7.09 miles away7425 Janes Avenue Woodridge Illinois 60517Dialysis Stations: 6 (630) 968-0081
- Fmc - Willowbrook7.62 miles away6300 S Kingery Hwy Ste 408 Willowbrook Illinois 60527CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (630) 325-0309
- Davita - New Lenox Home8.26 miles away1890 Silver Cross Blvd Ste 465 New Lenox Illinois 60451Dialysis Stations: 3 (815) 462-3971