Leisure Village Health Care Center is just one of 21 facilities in Tulsa, Oklahoma. This facility received an F, which is just about as bad as it gets in our grading scheme. Based on our assessment, this facility probably isn't a good fit for any prospective resident. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, you can continue reading to find out about its category scores. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
Leisure Village Health Care Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Although this nursing home's overall grade was terrible, it actually fared well in the area of inspections. In fact, we awarded it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better scores. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively insignificant. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its government inspection report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also didn't fare poorly in the area of long-term care. Indeed, we gave it a C for that area, which wound up being among its more favorable scores. For prospective residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is a very important category. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Frankly, we were a bit bothered by the fact that this nursing home vaccinated just 53.112034 percent of its patients. Fortunately, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had only 0.03 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Leisure Village Health Care Center?
Unfortunately, we gave this facility an F for its nursing grade. Our nursing score considers many subcategories. The most heavily weighted one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with patients. This facility averaged just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored was short-term care. This facility received a rock bottom grade of F in that area. In our short-term care score, we seek to create a meaningful barometer for rehabilitation. In doing so, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Considering its score in this area, we weren't surprised to find that this place is well below average in terms of its number of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the data we assessed. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who ultimately were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Leisure Village Health Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 9.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can limit the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 4.58% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to major injuries are often caused by lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 3.45% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. These infections are linked to insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 13.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term stay patients receiving antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 24.45% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 3.83% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 92.26% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 14.52% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 16.45% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that maintained mobility. Some would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 1.65 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 16.45 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 15.05 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Leisure Village Health Care Center, 70.64% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with activities of daily living often correlates with superior rehabilitation services.
Scores for Tulsa, OK
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Tulsa, Oklahoma has 20 other nursing homes
- Shadow Mountain Behavioral Health SystemPsychiatric 4.31 miles away6262 South Sheridan Road Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 492-8200
- Saint Francis Hospital, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.65 miles away6161 South Yale Tulsa Oklahoma 74136Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 494-2200
- St John Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 4.76 miles away1923 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 744-3131
- Hillcrest Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.85 miles away1120 South Utica Avenue Tulsa Oklahoma 74104Proprietary(918) 579-1000
- Parkside, IncPsychiatric 4.93 miles away1619 East 13th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74120Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 582-2131
- St John Broken Arrow, IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.91 miles away1000 West Boise Circle Broken Arrow Oklahoma 74012Voluntary non-profit - Private(918) 994-8100
- Southwestern Regional Medical Center, IncAcute Care Hospitals 6.02 miles away10109 East 79th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74133Proprietary(918) 286-5000
- Oklahoma State University Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.67 miles away744 West 9th Street Tulsa Oklahoma 74127Government - State(918) 599-1000
- Fmcna - East Tulsa3.56 miles away5147 S Garnett Rd Ste C Tulsa Oklahoma 74146CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 250-3427
- Davita - Tulsa Dialysis3.96 miles away4436 S Harvard Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74135Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 660-0571
- Fmcna - North Harvard4.48 miles away1515 N Harvard Ste D Tulsa Oklahoma 74115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (918) 835-5599
- St Francis Hospital-Dialysis4.55 miles away6161 S Yale Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74136CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (918) 494-5575
- Fmcna - Richard Medlock4.71 miles away2845 E Skelly Dr Tulsa Oklahoma 74105CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 747-7127
- Davita - Central Tulsa5.08 miles away1124 S St Louis Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74120CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (918) 585-5557
- Davita - Southcrest6.11 miles away10921 East 81st St Tulsa Oklahoma 74133CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (918) 249-8402
- Davita - Greenwood Dialysis6.2 miles away1345 N Lansing Ave Tulsa Oklahoma 74106CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (918) 585-8811