Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center is a facility in Glendale, California. The city has a population of 172,817 people. Featuring an overall score of B-, this is likely a decent facility. Based on our assessment, this place likely wouldn't be a bad choice. We were also pleased to find that this place was consistent in all four of the other areas we looked at. More information about these categories can be found below.
Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
This facility's best category grade came in nursing. In this area, we gave this nursing home a B+. It outperformed most facilities in this category. Our nursing rating is based on the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of the nurses and the amount of time spent with patients. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's higher category grades was in the area of short-term care. In that area, we awarded this nursing home a B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this area. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for people seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates more skilled nursing. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility submitted registered nurse or physical therapist staffing data. Finally, we considered the number of residents who eventually returned home from this nursing home. We found that 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center?
This nursing home's third best category grade came in the area of inspections. In that category, we gave this facility a B. It actually outperformed most nursing homes in this category. Perhaps the most significant factor we consider in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with better grades in this category typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home received 8 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a good inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our final category, this nursing home was awarded a C in long-term care, which is generally a respectable grade. In the category of long-term care, we weigh the quantity of services offered by a nursing home, rather than more medically-intensive services. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. Fortunately, this nursing home administered the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is a very solid datapoint. Finally, this facility was also able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 7.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols limits the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 1.67% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 1.21% of Patients had UTIs
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients who experienced UTI's. Although a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 10.06% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are administered to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 13.91% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 4.33% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 95.72% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 8.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate the deterioration of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 14.05% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that were able to retain mobility. Some experts would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients well-being.
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 14.05 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 9.85 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Leisure Glen Post Acute Care Center, 79.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts believe this is a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Glendale, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Glendale, California has 13 other nursing homes
- Glendale Mem Hospital & Hlth CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.36 miles away1420 S Central Ave Glendale California 91204Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 502-1900
- Glendale Adventist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.93 miles away1509 E Wilson Terrace Glendale California 91206Voluntary non-profit - Private(818) 409-8202
- Children's Hosp of Los AngelesChildrens 2.97 miles away4650 Sunset Blvd, Ms 108 Los Angeles California 90027Voluntary non-profit - Private(323) 669-2164
- Hollywood Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.1 miles away1300 N Vermont Ave Los Angeles California 90027Proprietary(213) 413-3000
- Saint Vincent Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.56 miles away2131 W 3rd St Los Angeles California 90057Voluntary non-profit - Church(213) 484-7111
- Southern California Hospital at HollywoodAcute Care Hospitals 4.68 miles away6245 De Longpre Ave Los Angeles California 90028Proprietary(323) 462-2271
- Providence Saint Joseph Medical CtrAcute Care Hospitals 4.89 miles away501 South Buena Vista Street Burbank California 91505Voluntary non-profit - Church(818) 843-5111
- Lac+Usc Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.26 miles away1200 N State St, Room c2k100 Los Angeles California 90033Government - Local(323) 226-2800
- Davita-West Glendale Dialysis0.11 miles away1427 S. Glendale Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (818) 241-0016
- Davita-Glendale Dialysis0.62 miles away1000 E. Palmer Avenue Glendale California 91205CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (818) 241-6382
- Fmc-West Glendale0.85 miles away623 South Central Avenue Glendale California 91204Dialysis Stations: 24 (818) 240-1065
- Davita-North Glendale1.95 miles away1505 Wilson Terrace, Suite 190 Glendale California 91206CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (818) 637-8348
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital Medical Ctr.- Sunset2.42 miles awayDialysis Unit 4700 Sunset Blvd., 2nd Floor Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (323) 783-5580
- Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles2.42 miles awayDivision of Nephrology (Dialysis) 4650 Sunset Blvd., Box 40 Los Angeles California 90027Dialysis Stations: 10 (323) 361-4788
- Davita-Hollywood Dialysis Center2.98 miles away5108 Sunset Blvd. Los Angeles California 90027CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (323) 913-4010
- u.s. Renal Care Verdugo Hills Dialysis3.55 miles away1808 Verdugo Blvd., Suite 200 Glendale California 91208Dialysis Stations: 25 (818) 790-0712