Located in Allentown, Pennsylvania, Lehigh Valley Hospital Tsu is one of nine available facilities in the area. Featuring an overall score of A+, this nursing home is one of the most elite nursing homes we assessed. In addition, this is a hospital-based nursing home, which may add peace of mind for prospective patients with medical conditions frequently requiring hospitalization. Scroll down to find this place's category scores, which are equally impressive. You just can't do much better than a straight A profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lehigh Valley Hospital Tsu
- Nursing Home
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Allentown senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Other
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Pennsylvania Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this area. Inspection ratings are tied to several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that score well in this category have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This exemplary facility also was superb in the area of short-term care, where it received a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this category. Short-term care grades are commonly used to grade a nursing home's performance with rehabilitation. In order to offer good rehabilitation services, facilities generally must provide higher levels of highly skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 7.6 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lehigh Valley Hospital Tsu?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was dominant in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a score of A. Not many facilities performed better in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of score in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. It doesn't appear that this nursing home provided information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
In the final area, this facility also was given a first-rate nursing grade, with a grade of A. This completed a rare straight A report card. There are several factors within this area. Many of these subcategories are tied to the quantity and quality of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.6 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at certain nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. These include minimizing residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We look at these statistics as predictive indicators of the quality of nursing care being provided, since better care tends to reduce these problems.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lehigh Valley Hospital Tsu Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lehigh Valley Hospital Tsu, 7.58% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to measure patient well-being during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lehigh Valley Hospital Tsu, 61.07% of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
Scores for Allentown, PA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-plus
Looking for more options? Allentown, Pennsylvania has 8 other nursing homes
- Sacred Heart HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.45 miles away421 Chew Street Allentown Pennsylvania 18102Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 776-4900
- Lehigh Valley HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 2.74 miles away1200 South Cedar Crest Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18105Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 402-2273
- St Luke's Hospital BethlehemAcute Care Hospitals 5.32 miles away801 Ostrum Street Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18015Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 954-4000
- St Luke's Hospital - Anderson CampusAcute Care Hospitals 11.27 miles away1872 St Luke's Blvd Easton Pennsylvania 18045Voluntary non-profit - Private(484) 503-3000
- St Luke's Quakertown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.57 miles away1021 Park Avenue Quakertown Pennsylvania 18951Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 538-4500
- Easton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.44 miles away250 South 21st Street Easton Pennsylvania 18042Proprietary(610) 250-4076
- Palmerton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.26 miles away135 Lafayette Avenue Palmerton Pennsylvania 18071Voluntary non-profit - Other(610) 826-3141
- St Luke's Warren HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.89 miles away185 Roseberry St Phillipsburg New Jersey 08865Voluntary non-profit - Other(908) 847-6700
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC0.42 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 200 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 776-1479
- Davita - St. Luke's Allentown Dialysis0.42 miles away1901 Hamilton St., Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18104Dialysis Stations: 4 (610) 435-2590
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Fogelsville1.5 miles away7310 Tilghman Street, Suite 100 Allentown Pennsylvania 18106Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 395-1980
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Allentown2.05 miles away3136 Hamilton Boulevard Allentown Pennsylvania 18103CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (610) 435-6718
- Fresenius Kidney Care - South Allentown2.89 miles away2820 Mitchell Avenue Allentown Pennsylvania 18103Dialysis Stations: 16 (610) 797-7655
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Whitehall2.94 miles away1320 Mickley Road Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (610) 264-2228
- Etowah Dialysis, LLC3.03 miles away1220 3rd Street Whitehall Pennsylvania 18052Dialysis Stations: 13 (610) 266-1706
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Bethlehem5.44 miles away2014 City Line Road, Suite 102 Bethlehem Pennsylvania 18017CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (610) 264-9660