Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation is a large facility located in Houston, Texas. This is a decent nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Houston. Based on our assessment, this nursing home should be a good fit for most people. The best part of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection reports. We discuss inspections in the next section.
Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this facility also excelled in the category of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of the deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some are relatively insignificant. Fortunately, although this place had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category grades was in the category of long-term care. In that category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B+. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. One of the datapoints we considered after nursing hours is vaccines. This facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 97.34513 percent of its residents. This is a reliable method to avoid unnecessary deaths and hospitalizations for the nursing home population. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received its third most favorable category grade in the area of short-term care. We awarded this facility a B- in this category, which is a decent score. In forming these short-term care grades, we quantify the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our objective is to create a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various nursing homes. It does not appear that this facility submitted information on registered nurse or physical therapist staffing. Finally, we considered the number of patients who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 5.8 percent of this facility's residents returned home. At most nursing homes, closer to half of their patients are able to return home so this figure is below average.
This nursing home's least impressive category is nursing, which is the final area we analyzed. We gave it a lowly F in this area. Despite some respectable grades in other categories, this grade is still disappointing so we felt obligated to make sure you are aware. Our nursing score is based on the facility's nurse staffing levels. We weigh both the levels of training of those nurses and the number of hours spent with patients. This nursing home offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient daily. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in computing our nursing grades. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents that have sustained urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. However, this metric could be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents which were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. Nevertheless, some facilities need to rely on these drugs due to having more patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients demonstrating signs of depression. Many believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Copperfield Healthcare and Rehabilitation, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's generally correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.75 miles away18500 Katy Freeway Houston Texas 77094Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 522-1000
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.15 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 9.56 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- Memorial Hermann Katy HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.64 miles away23900 Katy Freeway Katy Texas 77494Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 392-1111
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.09 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.53 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- Hca Houston Healthcare WestAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away12141 Richmond Ave Houston Texas 77082Proprietary(281) 588-8080
- Westpark Springs LLCPsychiatric 13.93 miles away6902 S Peek Road Richmond Texas 77407Voluntary non-profit - Other(832) 535-2770
- Northwest Houston Dialysis Ctr1.99 miles away8925 Hwy 6 North Suite 100 Houston Texas 77095CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 550-0287
- Bear Creek Dialysis2.67 miles away4978 North Highway 6, Suite I Houston Texas 77084CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 859-5020
- Kph-Consolidation, Inc3.91 miles away21216 Northwest Fwy Ste 320 Cypress Texas 77429Dialysis Stations: 12 (832) 912-3055
- Cypress Woods Northwest Dialysis4.05 miles away20320 Northwest Freeway Suite 100 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 890-2540
- Davita Barker Cypress Dialysis4.13 miles away18003 Longenbaugh Dr Cypress Texas 77433Dialysis Stations: 24 (281) 856-6198
- Greylock Dialysis, LLC5.64 miles away11321 Fallbrook Dr Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 890-5468
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.5.88 miles away10505 Jones Rd Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 894-9687
- Cyfair Dialysis Center6.35 miles away9110 Jones Rd Ste 110 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 517-0527