With more than 20 options to choose from in Houston, Texas, Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center - is one of the seemingly endless list of facilities. With an overall rating of C, this is a middle of the pack facility. Based on our ratings, there are definitely much worse nursing homes out there. The best part of this place's report card was its remarkable inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
This nursing home received a solid overall grade as described above, but we really wanted to emphasize its nearly flawless government inspections in recent years. We awarded them an A in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can learn more about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The second best category we gave this nursing home in any category came in the area of long-term care, where we awarded it a C. Our long-term care grades are more important for people needing more traditional assistance related to personal care. In addition to looking at the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.56631 percent of its patients, which is better than the majority of nursing homes. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care score. This is not a score to write home about. In computing these short-term care ratings, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to devise a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its residents returning home. This was quite a bit below the national average.
The final category we scored is nursing, which proved to be this facility's least impressive category. We gave it a lowly F in this category, which is obviously a major concern. We weighed the levels of nurses working for the nursing home, as well as the number of hours the nurses were with patients, in determining our rating in this category. This place offered a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident daily. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This facility performed well in the area of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center - Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric indicates the percentage of long-term stay patients who suffer from pressure ulcers. We find that pressure ulcers are a solid barometer of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percent of long-term stay patients that sustained falls which caused major injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are routinely the result of poor nursing care. Additional nurse staffing can minimize the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. We want to point out that this statistic is affected by by the fact that facilities have incongruent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are commonly used to treat patients suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 4.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 94.64% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Staying out of the hospital is key to the physical well-being of nursing home residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Legend Oaks Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center -, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term stay residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Houston Methodist Willowbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.2 miles away18220 Tomball Parkway Houston Texas 77070Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 477-1000
- St Luke's Hospital at the VintageAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away20171 Chasewood Park Drive Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(832) 534-5000
- First Texas HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.77 miles away9922 Louetta Rd Houston Texas 77070Proprietary(844) 264-1435
- Memorial Hermann Memorial City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away921 Gessner Houston Texas 77024Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 242-3000
- United Memorial Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.1 miles away510 W Tidwell Houston Texas 77091Physician(713) 691-1111
- Memorial Hermann Hospital SystemAcute Care Hospitals 9.26 miles away1635 North Loop West Houston Texas 77008Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 448-6796
- Tops Surgical Specialty HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.01 miles away17080 Red Oak Drive Houston Texas 77090Physician(281) 539-2900
- Hca Houston Healthcare NorthwestAcute Care Hospitals 10.17 miles away710 Cypress Creek Parkway Houston Texas 77090Proprietary(281) 440-1000
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.2.85 miles away10505 Jones Rd Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 894-9687
- Greylock Dialysis, LLC3.11 miles away11321 Fallbrook Dr Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 890-5468
- Cyfair Dialysis Center3.32 miles away9110 Jones Rd Ste 110 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 16 (281) 517-0527
- Dialyspa Vintage Park4 miles away102 Vintage Park Blvd Bldg L Suite A Houston Texas 77070Dialysis Stations: 18 (713) 218-6500
- Willowbrook Dialysis4.14 miles away12120 Jones Road, Suite G Houston Texas 77070CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 890-7288
- Cypress Woods Northwest Dialysis4.35 miles away20320 Northwest Freeway Suite 100 Houston Texas 77065Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 890-2540
- Champions Dialysis5.16 miles away4427 Cypress Creek Pkwy Houston Texas 77068CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 444-8439
- Renal Treatment Centers-Southeast, Lp5.23 miles away6626 Antoine Dr Houston Texas 77091Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 681-0481