EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center is located in Houston, Texas. This city is among the most populated cities in the nation with has a total of 2,906,700 people. This facility received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. In our grading scheme, this is one of the bottom 10 rated facilities in Houston. Since the city offers countless other nursing homes, you should be able to find an alternative here. This place's only redeeming quality is its inspection grade, which we provide additional information on below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
15880 Wallisville Road,
Houston TX 77049
62.72% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
While we were not high on this nursing home overall, we awarded it an A- for our inspections rating. This score is significantly more impressive than the nursing home's overall grade. Inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Short-term Care Quality
We gave this nursing home a grade of just D for our short-term care score and that actually wound up as its second best category. In determining our short-term care grades, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly skilled individuals. This area is generally a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation. Given its abysmal score in this area, we weren't shocked to discover this nursing home offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most nursing homes. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the facility. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 5.2 percent of its patients returning home.
Does this page answer your questions about EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We gave this facility just a D for our long-term care rating. This is not a score to write home about. For prospective patients in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. In addition to assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Surprisingly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has less hospitalizations than most nursing homes. Unfortunately, a few of its other scores in this category were not as favorable as these.
The next category we analyzed is nursing. It received an abysmal F for this area, which is a bottom of the barrel score. Our nursing rating weighs a variety of data points. The most heavily weighted variable is the amount of time nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing ratings. This place performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these data points to be measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients who developed pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an indicator of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that suffered from a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced a UTI. UTI's could be an indication of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this statistic may be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many patients, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may mean a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 4.84% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Increased rates of depression may be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 93.69% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Many believe that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 1.89 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is generally a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Some experts argue that this is a reliable measure of rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 24 other nursing homes
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Humble Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.47 miles away1475 Fm 1960 Bypass Road East Humble Texas 77338Physician(281) 964-2100
- Fresenius Medical Care North East Houston, LLC1.13 miles away4810 E Sam Houston Pkwy N Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 862-9106
- Channelview Dialysis2.37 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Woodforest Dialysis3.27 miles away12626 Woodforest Blvd Suite C Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 15 (713) 455-3370
- Cloverleaf Dialysis3.34 miles away13525 East Freeway Suite A Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 450-0874
- San Jacinto Dialysis5.34 miles away11430 E Freeway Suite 330 Houston Texas 77029Dialysis Stations: 17 (713) 450-4991
- Jacinto Dialysis Center5.7 miles away11515 Market Street Houston Texas 77029CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 453-0505
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.8.62 miles away1210 Southmore Ave Pasadena Texas 77502Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 475-6617
- Crosby Dialysis Facility8.74 miles away6107 Fm 2100 Crosby Texas 77532Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 328-8071