EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center is located in Houston, Texas. This city is among the most populated cities in the nation with has a total of 2,906,700 people. This facility received an overall grade of D in our grading scheme. Keep in mind that Houston received a city grade of B-, so should consider some other options in the city as well. Despite all this, one of the few highlights of this facility's profile is its impressive inspection reports. You can scroll down to learn more about inspections and other category scores
EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - Hospital district
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
Although we didn't rate this facility favorably overall, we did give it an excellent grade in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in computing our inspection scores is deficiencies. Deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. It is generally in your best interest to avoid facilities that had a long list of severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home received 4 deficiencies on its inspection report. Overall, this is still a solid inspection report, but we'd always recommend looking into any deficiencies you find troubling.
Long-term Care Quality
The next highest category we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of long-term care, where we awarded it a C. In determining these long-term care ratings, we quantify the facility's personal care services. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 99.242424 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is more than the average nursing home. This place keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's second worse score was short-term care, where it received just a D in that area. This is a relatively poor grade. Our short-term care grade is generally used to score a facility's performance with rehabilitation To offer highly graded rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to provide better levels of highly skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other highly trained professionals. Based on its score in this category, we were not stunned to learn that this nursing home is well below average in terms of the quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its patients based on the data we assessed. The last metric we assessed in this category is the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this metric as well, with just 5.2 percent of its patients returning home. This was quite a bit below the national average.
This facility's least impressive area is nursing, which is the final area we analyzed. For this area, we awarded this nursing home a D. There are several data points within this grade. Many of the subcategories are tied to staffing levels. With only 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient each day, this place's nurse staffing levels were significantly below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing scores. This facility performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from remaining in one position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure tells you the percent of long-term stay residents which experienced falls which caused serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but excessive numbers of falls may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from urinary tract infections. UTI's could be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this datapoint could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These medications may be used for a variety of conditions, such as dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. High levels of depression could be an indicator a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 94.64% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and bathing. Some experts believe that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that remained mobile levels. Some experts argue that the ability to move around is vital to residents' well-being.
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In EastView HealthCare & Rehabilitation Center, 66.86% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 59 other nursing homes
- Ad Hospital East, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 4.01 miles away12950 East Freeway, Suite 100 Houston Texas 77015Proprietary(713) 330-3897
- Hca Houston Healthcare SoutheastAcute Care Hospitals 10.21 miles away4000 Spencer Hwy Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 359-1000
- Surgery Specialty Hospitals of America Se HoustonAcute Care Hospitals 10.59 miles away4301 B Vista Pasadena Texas 77504Proprietary(713) 378-3000
- Altus Baytown HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.82 miles away1404 W Baker Road Baytown Texas 77521Physician(281) 837-7600
- Houston Methodist San Jacinto HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11 miles away4401 Garth Road Baytown Texas 77521Voluntary non-profit - Private(281) 420-8600
- St Luke's Patients Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.74 miles away4600 East Sam Houston Parkway South Pasadena Texas 77505Physician(281) 487-0700
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.64 miles away1401 St. Joseph Parkway Houston Texas 77002Proprietary(713) 757-1000
- Humble Surgical Hospital, LLCAcute Care Hospitals 14.47 miles away1475 Fm 1960 Bypass Road East Humble Texas 77338Physician(281) 964-2100
- Fresenius Medical Care North East Houston, LLC1.13 miles away4810 E Sam Houston Pkwy N Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 13 (281) 862-9106
- Channelview Dialysis2.37 miles away777 Sheldon Road Suite C Channelview Texas 77530CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (281) 860-0600
- Woodforest Dialysis3.27 miles away12626 Woodforest Blvd Suite C Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 15 (713) 455-3370
- Cloverleaf Dialysis3.34 miles away13525 East Freeway Suite A Houston Texas 77015Dialysis Stations: 12 (713) 450-0874
- San Jacinto Dialysis5.34 miles away11430 E Freeway Suite 330 Houston Texas 77029Dialysis Stations: 17 (713) 450-4991
- Jacinto Dialysis Center5.7 miles away11515 Market Street Houston Texas 77029CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 453-0505
- Bio-Medical Applications of Texas, Inc.8.62 miles away1210 Southmore Ave Pasadena Texas 77502Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 475-6617
- Crosby Dialysis Facility8.74 miles away6107 Fm 2100 Crosby Texas 77532Dialysis Stations: 12 (281) 328-8071