Legacy Village Rehabilitation is in the large metropolitan area of Salt Lake City, Utah. We awarded this nursing home an elite overall score of A+. As a result, it outpaced most of the nursing homes in Salt Lake City by a wide margin. Even in a city of 26 nursing homes, this nursing home stood out as a great option. Finally, this wound up being a very consistent nursing home with consistently strong ratings in all four of the major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Legacy Village Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Utah Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with a favorable overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for our inspections rating. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite minor. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that the government inspectors did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a grade of A+ for its short-term care grade. Our short-term care scores are believed to be more important for individuals requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually requires additional highly-skilled nursing. This means not merely nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Legacy Village Rehabilitation?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third area, we gave this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. This is a very impressive rating. For patients in need of a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination data. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that this nursing home submitted information on its vaccination levels. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
The fourth area we analyzed is nursing, where this facility was given an A. This rounded out an elite report card. Not many nursing homes received an A- or better in in each area we assessed. The nursing rating analyzes a handful of subcategories, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Legacy Village Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Legacy Village Rehabilitation, 10.55 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Legacy Village Rehabilitation, 72.2% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Salt Lake City, UT
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Salt Lake City, Utah has 25 other nursing homes
- Intermountain Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.91 miles away5121 South Cottonwood Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 507-7000
- Jordan Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.52 miles away3580 West 9000 South West Jordan Utah 84088Voluntary non-profit - Other(801) 561-8888
- St Mark's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.27 miles away1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City Utah 84124Proprietary(801) 268-7700
- Alta View HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.04 miles away9660 South 1300 East Sandy Utah 84094Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 501-2600
- Riverton HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.07 miles away3741 West 12600 South Riverton Utah 84065Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 285-4000
- Lone Peak HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.13 miles away11925 South State Street Draper Utah 84020Proprietary(801) 545-8000
- Salt Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.79 miles away1050 East South Temple Salt Lake City Utah 84102Proprietary(801) 350-4111
- Lds HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away8th Avenue and C Street Salt Lake City Utah 84143Voluntary non-profit - Private(801) 408-1100
- Oquirrh Artificial Kidney Center0.55 miles away5320 South 2700 West Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 417-9900
- West Valley Dialysis Clinic1.4 miles away3854 W 5400 S Salt Lake City Utah 84129CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (801) 969-6801
- Fresenius Kidney Care West Salt Lake3.3 miles away4101 West Pioneer Parkway Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84120Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 966-9978
- Intermountain Medical Center Dialysis Services4 miles away74 West Vine Street Salt Lake City Utah 84107CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 28 (801) 507-9000
- Liberty Dialysis West Jordan (Fmc)4.61 miles away3823 W 9000 S Ste D West Jordan Utah 84088Dialysis Stations: 13 (801) 280-4600
- Fresenius Kidney Care Wasatch4.9 miles away3702 South State Street, Suite 101 Salt Lake City Utah 84115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (801) 904-4407
- South Valley Dialysis Center4.99 miles away8750 S Sandy Pkwy Sandy Utah 84070Dialysis Stations: 17 (801) 233-8745
- South Mountain Dialysis7.52 miles away10969 S Riverfront Pkwy Ste 100 South Jordan Utah 84095Dialysis Stations: 16 (801) 253-9696