Legacy Place Twinsburg is a small nursing home located in Twinsburg, Ohio. This facility was given an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. You can definitely do much worse than this place. Fortunately, this place did not have any bad scores in any of the four major categories. Additional information about its category grades is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Legacy Place Twinsburg
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Assisted Living
- Adult Day Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Twinsburg senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
On top of a strong overall grade, this nursing home also earned favorable short-term care grades this year. We gave them one of our higher scores in that area, with a B+. Our short-term care grades are vital for individuals looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates additional highly-skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of nursing services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final item we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return to the community. We found that 5.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing scores are largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well when it comes to minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Legacy Place Twinsburg?
Another strong feature for this facility is that it excelled in inspections, with a B in that category. Arguably the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better grades in this area typically dodged the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This place was assessed 4 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies to pose an immediate risk to resident safety or health. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on to the final category, this facility was awarded a C in long-term care, which is a decent rating. In a long-term care setting, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we then analyzed the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is better than the average nursing home. This facility keeps its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Legacy Place Twinsburg Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 12.24% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a fall which resulted in major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 0.57% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic can be misleading for certain nursing homes due to varying reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 4.32% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 13.16% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of long-term care patients who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 50.33% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 98.5% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 5.5% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 7.12% of Residents
This tells you the percentage of residents that maintained mobility over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 7.12% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 11.84% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Legacy Place Twinsburg, 70.49% of Resident
This is the percent of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- University Hospitals Ahuja Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.53 miles away3999 Richmond Road Beachwood Ohio 44122Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 593-5510
- Marymount HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.11 miles away12300 Mccracken Road Cleveland Ohio 44125Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 581-0500
- Hillcrest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.62 miles away6780 Mayfield Road Cleveland Ohio 44124Voluntary non-profit - Private(440) 312-4500
- Uh Cleveland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.57 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 844-1000
- Rainbow Babies and Childrens HospitalChildrens 14.57 miles away11100 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44106Voluntary non-profit - Other(216) 844-1000
- Summa Western Reserve HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.81 miles away1900 23rd Street Cuyahoga Falls Ohio 44223Voluntary non-profit - Other(330) 971-7000
- Cleveland ClinicAcute Care Hospitals 14.82 miles away9500 Euclid Avenue Cleveland Ohio 44195Voluntary non-profit - Private(216) 445-8400
- University Hospitals Portage Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away6847 N Chestnut Ravenna Ohio 44266Voluntary non-profit - Private(330) 297-2300
- Davita Twinsburg Dialysis1.96 miles away2592 E. Aurora Rd. Suite 100 Twinsburg Ohio 44087Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 405-3030
- Fmc - Solon4.2 miles away6020 Enterprise Parkway Solon Ohio 44139Dialysis Stations: 16 (440) 248-7061
- Nephrology Associates at Oakwood, Ltd.4.6 miles away7690 First Place, Suite E, Bldg D Bedford Ohio 44146CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (440) 439-1526
- Fmc - Ohio Renal Care Group-North Randall6.68 miles away5035 Richmond Road Bedford Ohio 44146Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 591-1364
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.6.96 miles away4877 Galaxy Parkway Suite A Cleveland Ohio 44128CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (216) 378-5050
- Fmc - Streetsboro Kidney Center8.07 miles away9200 Staples Drive, Ste A Streetsboro Ohio 44241Dialysis Stations: 13 (330) 422-0160
- Ohio Renal Holdings Inc.9.02 miles away3609 Park East Drive, Suite 106 North Beachwood Ohio 44122Dialysis Stations: 6 (216) 455-1315
- Nephrology Associates of Cleveland, Ltd.10.21 miles away5595 Transportation Blvd., Suite 110 Cleveland Ohio 44125CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (216) 581-0801