Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized facility located in Martinez, California. This nursing home received an A- overall, which is a very strong rating. In our view, this place is a no brainer for just about anybody. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1790 Muir Road,
Martinez CA 94553
61.35% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is it received a very impressive inspection grade. In fact, inspections turned out to be its best category. In that area, we gave this nursing home an A. Arguably the most important factor we consider in calculating our inspection scores is deficiencies. These deficiencies can be found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Places with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This place received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered severe. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't deem any of these deficiencies to create an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Remember that deficiency-free inspections are uncommon in this industry.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a impressive short-term care score. This actually ended up being this facility's second best category score. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of A-. In crafting these short-term care grades, we look at the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, speech therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to create a barometer for comparing the rehabilitation services of different nursing homes. Fortunately, this nursing home offers both physical therapists and registered nurses. Not all facilities offer both. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients that eventually returned home from the facility. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in California in this area with 67.6 percent of its patients returning home. Unfortunately, at most facilities, fewer than half of their short-stay residents are able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility also received a dominant long-term care grade. This actually ended up being its third strongest category score. In that area, we gave this facility a score of A-. Nursing homes that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to patients. In addition to offering well above average levels of nursing care and other staffing, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 99.42197 percent of its patients. This percentage is also far higher than the majority of nursing homes. This combination proved to be effective as this nursing home also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.98 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
In the last category, this nursing home also was given a first-rate nursing score, with a B+. This topped off a first-rate profile. We looked at the qualifications of nurses employed by the nursing home, as well as the quantity of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our rating in this category. This facility offers extremely high levels of nursing care, averaging 4.2 hours per resident on a daily basis. This is more nursing care than nearly any other place provides. Lastly, this facility also excelled in the quality-based metrics we looked at. For example, it performed as well as any facility the state in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. We view these statistics as good measures of the quality of nursing care offered.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin caused by staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who had falls which caused severe injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term patients who have experienced urinary tract infections. UTI's could be a sign of poor nursing care. Nevertheless, this metric could be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are sometimes used to treat a variety of conditions, such as cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients which were administered antianxiety medication. These medications are commonly used to treat residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.32% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents showing symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 96.21% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate deterioration of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that retained mobility levels over time. Retaining mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Legacy Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Contra Costa Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.45 miles away2500 Alhambra Avenue Martinez California 94553Government - Local(925) 370-5000
- John Muir Behavioral Health CenterPsychiatric 2.88 miles away2740 Grant Street Concord California 94524Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 674-4101
- John Muir Medical Center - Concord CampusAcute Care Hospitals 3.13 miles away2540 East St Concord California 94520Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 682-8200
- John Muir Medical Center - Walnut Creek CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.97 miles away1601 Ygnacio Valley Rd Walnut Creek California 94598Voluntary non-profit - Other(925) 939-3000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Walnut CreekAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away1425 S Main Street Walnut Creek California 94596Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 295-4000
- Sutter Solano Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.73 miles away300 Hospital Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Private(707) 554-5280
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 12.81 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital and Rehab CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.93 miles away975 Sereno Dr Vallejo California 94589Voluntary non-profit - Other(707) 651-1000
- Fmc Diablo Concord2.05 miles away508 Contra Costa Blvd #D Pleasant Hill California 94523CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (925) 798-8844
- Fkc San Miguel3.79 miles away2731 Systron Drive Suite 100 Concord California 94518Dialysis Stations: 25 (925) 676-6401
- Concord Dialysis Center4.6 miles away2300 Stanwell Drive Suite C Concord California 94520CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 677-7492
- Benicia Dialysis Center5.49 miles away560 First Street Bldg d103 Benicia California 94510CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (707) 745-1488
- Walnut Creek at Home5.61 miles away400 N Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 3 (925) 979-9732
- Walnut Creek Dialysis5.61 miles away404 North Wiget Lane Walnut Creek California 94598CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 937-0203
- Fmc Diablo Walnut Creek5.78 miles away365 Lennon Lane #160 Walnut Creek California 94598Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 947-4545
- Walnut Creek West Dialysis Center7.87 miles away1221 Rossmoor Pkwy Walnut Creek California 94595Dialysis Stations: 21 (925) 295-9830