With an address in Beverly, Massachusetts, Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center is one of a mere three available nursing homes in this city. This facility received an A- overall, which is among the most impressive grades we offer. A score of this caliber requires first-rate marks across the board. This grade is even higher than the city grade of A- in Beverly, which is also an impressive grade. This nursing home also received phenomenal scores in all four of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Please note our records indicate that Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center has changed ownership recently and while our data on this page is up-to-date there is a chance that the quality of this facility may change under new management.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this nursing home also excelled at short-term care, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Short-term care grades are often used to gauge a nursing home's rehabilitation services. To offer good rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to feature higher levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 6.5 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Adding to its impressive category grades, this nursing home excelled in the category of inspections, where it received a grade of A-. Not many nursing homes performed better in this area. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This tells you CMS did not deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given an elite score of A- in our long-term care category. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it generally means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. Once we concluded our assessment of the amount of care provided by nurses, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 99.26199 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is very impressive. Pneumonia is often a life threatening ailment for nursing home residents so we strongly prefer when a nursing home doesn't roll the dice on this issue. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Switching gears to our last category, this nursing home received an extremely favorable nursing rating. We gave it a grade of B+ in this area, completing one of our better report cards. When determining a facility's nursing rating, we assess the number of hours nurses are with residents as well as the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as having a policy of turning a patient more often.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 6.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percentage of long-term care residents who suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We bake this statistic into both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term patients who have sustained falls resulting in serious injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who experienced urinary tract infections. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a facility's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many patients, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This figure indicates the percent of long-term patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 1.95% of Patients
This is the percent of residents who are demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 91.63% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of patients who remained mobile levels over time. Preserving mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 10.9 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to gauge the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Ledgewood Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center, 71.03% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 0.15 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- North Shore Medical Center -Acute Care Hospitals 4.09 miles away81 Highland Avenue Salem Massachusetts 01970Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 741-1215
- Melrosewakefield HealthcareAcute Care Hospitals 11.96 miles away585 Lebanon Street Melrose Massachusetts 02176Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 979-3000
- Winchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.24 miles away41 Highland Avenue Winchester Massachusetts 01890Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 729-9000
- Massachusetts General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.33 miles away55 Fruit Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 726-2000
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary -Acute Care Hospitals 17.36 miles away243 Charles Street Boston Massachusetts 02114Voluntary non-profit - Private(617) 523-7900
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.44 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, BurlingtonAcute Care Hospitals 17.49 miles away41 & 45 Mall Road Burlington Massachusetts 01803Voluntary non-profit - Private(781) 744-5100
- North Shore Regional Dialysis Center0.6 miles away133 Brimbal Ave Unit E Beverly Massachusetts 01915CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 921-2052
- Davita Salem Northeast Dialysis4.75 miles away207 Highland Ave Suite 2 Salem Massachusetts 01970CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 744-2075
- Peabody Dialysis Center4.81 miles away19-a Centennial Drive Peabody Massachusetts 01960CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (978) 532-7663
- Fresenius Medical Care Danvers4.94 miles away75 Newbury Street Danvers Massachusetts 01923Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 774-0350
- North Suburban Dialysis Center (Bma Essex County)9.78 miles awayAugustine Plaza 124 Broadway, Route 1n Saugus Massachusetts 01906CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (781) 233-2877
- Fmc Services of Stoneham12.15 miles away2 Main Street Suite 100 Stoneham Massachusetts 02180CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (781) 279-2454
- Davita Woburn Dialysis15.34 miles away23 Warren Avenue Woburn Massachusetts 01801Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 935-7700
- Davita Wellington Circle Dialysis Center15.59 miles away10 Cabot Road Suite 103b Medford Massachusetts 02155CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (781) 306-9740