Lebanon Care Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Lebanon, Illinois. This facility was given a bottom of the barrel overall score based on the data we looked at. If you are not happy with this facility's poor overall grade, you may find your options to be limited in Lebanon. The city has just one other nursing home. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, long-term care grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Lebanon Care Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
1201 North Alton,
Lebanon IL 62254
57.22% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
We did not have any favorable things to say about this facility's overall score or its category grades. Its best category is long-term care. Nevertheless, with a D in this category, it still performed badly. In a long-term care environment, the facility's primary objective is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. We were pleased to discover that this facility vaccinated 99.507385 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 1.44 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than the average nursing home. Sadly, a few of its other scores in the category weren't as favorable as these.
Unfortunately, this facility didn't receive glowing government inspections in recent years. We gave it a grade of just D for our inspections rating and that actually proved to be its second best grade. Our inspection grades factor in many items found on the facility's recent inspection reports. If you see too many deficiencies on the reports, this is typically the worst sign. Severe deficiencies indicate a risk to resident safety. This particular facility was assessed 6 deficiencies on its inspection report. The only favorable thing we found is that none of these deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a risk to resident health or safety. Lastly, we would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was assessed large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This often indicates that a nursing home'sbad performance has been an issue for multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Lebanon Care Center?
We gave this facility a grade of just D for our nursing rating. There are several subcategories included in this category. Many of these datapoints reflect staffing levels. This place provided just 3.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This number is well below average. Lastly, we also looked at some quality measures in computing our nursing scores. This place was above average in two of the major areas we focus on, with solid scores for avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to our last area, this facility didn't perform very well here either. With a poor grade of F in short-term care, this is just about as as uninspiring as it gets. With our short-term care score, we try to craft a fair gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's scope of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lebanon Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lebanon Care Center, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term patients who suffered from new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable barometer of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lebanon Care Center, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay patients which sustained falls which caused severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries may be a sign of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lebanon Care Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lebanon Care Center, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. These drugs are used for several medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lebanon Care Center, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients given antianxiety medications. These medications are generally used to treat residents suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lebanon Care Center, 29.52% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lebanon Care Center, 87.71% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lebanon Care Center, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lebanon Care Center, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who retained mobility levels.
In Lebanon Care Center, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lebanon Care Center, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
- Metro-East Services IncAcute Care Hospitals 5.82 miles away1404 Cross Street O Fallon Illinois 62269Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 607-1000
- Anderson HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.96 miles away6800 State Route 162 Maryville Illinois 62062Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 288-5711
- Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.04 miles away4500 Memorial Drive Belleville Illinois 62226Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 233-7750
- St Joseph's HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.62 miles away12866 Troxler Avenue Highland Illinois 62249Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 651-2600
- St Josephs HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.68 miles away9515 Holy Cross Ln Breese Illinois 62230Voluntary non-profit - Church(618) 526-4511
- Touchette Regional Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 16.11 miles away5900 Bond Avenue East Saint Louis Illinois 62207Voluntary non-profit - Private(618) 332-3060
- Gateway Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 18.68 miles away2100 Madison Avenue Granite City Illinois 62040Voluntary non-profit - Other(618) 798-3000
- Fmc - Regency Park5.44 miles away124 Regency Park Drive O Fallon Illinois 62269CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (618) 622-0634
- Total Renal Care, Inc.6.53 miles away1941 Frank Scott Parkway East, Suite B O Fallon Illinois 62269Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 622-0592
- Davita - Shiloh Dialysis7.1 miles away1095 North Green Mount Rd Belleville Illinois 62221CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 628-1108
- Davita - Maryville Dialysis10.66 miles away2102 Vadalabene Dr Ste 1 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 16 (618) 288-1196
- Davita - Maryville Home Dialysis10.66 miles away2102 Vadalabene Drive Suite 2 Maryville Illinois 62062Dialysis Stations: 2 (618) 288-1521
- Davita - Collinsville12.46 miles away101 Lanter Ct. Collinsville Illinois 62234Dialysis Stations: 8 (618) 344-2016
- Davita - Metro East Dialysis12.58 miles away5105 West Main St. Belleville Illinois 62226CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 36 (618) 233-9018
- Fkc - Belleville12.89 miles away6525 W Main Street Belleville Illinois 62223Dialysis Stations: 12 (618) 398-8181