Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center is a nursing home located in Auburn, Washington, which has a total of 103,374 people. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a decent facility. Based on our analysis, there are definitely far worse facilities out there. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its nursing rating. We discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
Top Nursing Home in Washington Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility a grade of A-. When calculating our nursing ratings, we look at both staffing levels and the training levels of those nurses. This nursing home provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning residents at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also wanted to note that this facility was given positive short-term care marks in this assessment. We awarded them one of our higher scores in this category, with a B. This turned out to be the facility's second strongest score. Our short-term care scores are meaningful for residents seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation usually mandates additional skilled nursing. This includes a vast scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. However, according to the data this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who returned home from the nursing home. We found that 5.6 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Does this page answer your questions about Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center?
Long-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home's next best score is long-term care. However, with a D in this category, it still fared somewhat poorly. In a long-term care environment, the nursing home's primary goal is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. After assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination records. We were optimistic to learn that this nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this facility was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Turning our final category of inspections, this facility received an F here. This score was detrimental to this facility's overall score. When a place has this bad of an inspection score, you should expect some severe deficiencies on its inspection report. Severe deficiencies indicate a threat to the well being of residents. This particular facility was assessed 4 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of its deficiencies were in the categories that suggest they posed a threat to resident health or safety. Lastly, we also want to point out that this facility received significant government fines amounting to more than $100,000. This generally means that a facility's bad track record spanned several years.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 7.09% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also known as bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 2.86% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a fall leading to serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 2.28% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections may be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 13.8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 12.29% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percentage of long-term patients receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 13.74% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 93.71% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients who received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 13.94% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 21.78% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many in the industry believe that mobility is important for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 21.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 10.98 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lea Hill Rehabilitation and Care Center, 74.42% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients who saw functional improvements.
Scores for Auburn, WA
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of F
Looking for more options? Auburn, Washington has 3 other nursing homes
- Multicare Auburn Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.62 miles away202 North Division Street Plaza One Auburn Washington 98001Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 833-7711
- Multicare Covington Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.21 miles away17700 Se 272nd St Kent Washington 98042Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 372-7400
- St Francis Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.11 miles away34515 9th Avenue South Federal Way Washington 98003Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 944-8100
- Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.82 miles away400 S 43rd St Renton Washington 98055Government - Hospital District or Authority(425) 228-3450
- Multicare Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.54 miles away401 15th Avenue Se Puyallup Washington 98372Voluntary non-profit - Private(253) 697-2102
- Highline Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.95 miles away16251 Sylvester Road Sw Seattle Washington 98166Voluntary non-profit - Private(206) 244-9970
- St Elizabeth HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 12.19 miles away1450 Battersby Avenue Enumclaw Washington 98022Voluntary non-profit - Church(360) 825-2505
- St Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.7 miles away1717 South J Street Tacoma Washington 98405Voluntary non-profit - Church(253) 627-4101
- Nkc Auburn Kidney Center2.58 miles away1501 West Valley Highway N Auburn Washington 98001CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 804-8323
- Nkc Federal Way East Kidney Center4.47 miles away33820 Weyerhaeuser Way S Ste 100 Auburn Washington 98001Dialysis Stations: 14 (253) 943-6262
- Nkc Kent Kidney Center4.65 miles away25316 74th Ave S Ste 101 Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (253) 850-6810
- Total Renal Care, Inc5.99 miles away27320 Pacific Hwy S Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 12 (253) 529-7825
- Federal Way Community Dialysis Center6.07 miles away1015 S 348th St Federal Way Washington 98003CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (253) 661-9055
- Nkc Federal Way West Campus6.22 miles away501 South 336th St., Suite 110 Federal Way Washington 98003Dialysis Stations: 7 (253) 943-6312
- Kent Community Dialysis Center6.46 miles away21851 84th Ave S Kent Washington 98032CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (253) 872-5474
- Nkc Fife Kidney Center8.52 miles away6021 12th Street E, Suite 110 Tacoma Washington 98424Dialysis Stations: 10 (253) 943-6335