With an address in Pomona, California, Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center is one of nine available facilities in this city. We gave this nursing home an overall grade of D. A score in this range generally indicates some concerning datapoints. This wasn't the worse facility we looked at, but we would still be very reluctant to recommend it. The best thing we can really say about this place is that it didn't receive any F's in any of the categories we assessed. More information about these categories can be found below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Pomona senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
While we weren't high on this facility's overall grade, it actually earned an impressive long-term care grade this year. We gave it a grade of B in this area. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate patients. Once we assessed the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 88.23529 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is slightly lower than we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable percentage. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, at least this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We actually gave this facility a very solid score in the area of inspections as well. We awarded it a B- in this category. This is better than many nursing homes in this category. We believe that one of the most critical factors in evaluating an inspection report is deficiencies. We especially look at the severity of those deficiencies. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G through L. This means that the inspectors didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. A couple minor deficiencies are not necessarily the end of the world.
Does this page answer your questions about Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center?
We awarded this facility a respectable grade in the area of nursing as well, with a grade of C. There are several criteria included in this category. Most of these subcategories relate to levels of nurse staffing. This facility provides only 0.2 hours of nursing care per resident daily. This is a somewhat uninspiring figure which is well below average. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures. Although this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it excelled in a few of these quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients experiencing pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this subcategory. This can be an indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of turning patients more often.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is short-term care, which proved to be this facility's least impressive category. We gave this facility a grade of D in that category. Our short-term care grade is generally employed to measure a facility's rehabilitation services. To have good rehabilitation services, facilities generally need to have higher levels of skilled nursing. These types of services include registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. With a score in this range for this area, we were not stunned to learn this nursing home was well below average in many staffing areas we assess. The nursing home provided significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. The last measure we looked at in this category is the number of residents that were able to return home from the nursing home. This nursing home struggled quite a bit in this area as well, with just 0 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 0.59% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percent of long-term stay residents who had a fall resulting in major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 27.81% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents given antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 1.27% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who are demonstrating signs of depression. Increased levels of depression could indicate lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 93.59% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 2.37% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 0.96% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Laurel Park Behavioral Health Center, 0.96% of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Pomona, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Pomona, California has 8 other nursing homes
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.53 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.34 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.51 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.7 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.97 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.14 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.78 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis1.96 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership2.27 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.3.13 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis3.39 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.3.55 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center4.58 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- Davita-Chino Dialysis4.96 miles away4445 Riverside Drive Chino California 91710CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (909) 464-0347
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.5.64 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230