Latta Road Nursing Home West turns out to be one of a variety of options to choose from in Rochester, New York. It looks like this is a fine nursing home. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a favorable grade. This place definitely has plenty going for it. The best part of this nursing home's impressive profile is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph
Latta Road Nursing Home West
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a strong overall score, this place also received first-rate government inspections in recent years. We gave them one of our best grades in this category, with an A+. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining our inspection scores. One critical factor is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these end up being quite insignificant. Fortunately, although this facility had a few minor dings on its report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those found in categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
In addition, this facility also received favorable long-term care grades in our assessment. In fact, we awarded it one of our more favorable scores in that category, with a grade of B+. When facilities receive a score in this range in this category it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its residents, which is very impressive. Pneumonia sadly can be a deadly health condition for nursing home patients so we prefer when a nursing home doesn't take any chances. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Latta Road Nursing Home West?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we assessed was short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a grade of B-. In the area of short-term care, we attempt to evaluate indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final measure we looked at in this category is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Turning to our final category, this facility was given a respectable nursing score of C. Our nursing grade is primarily associated with the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a relatively low total compared to most other facilities. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility surprisingly excelled in some of the quality measures we assessed. In fact, it performed well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be measures of the quality of nursing care. In many cases, the quality of nursing care is just as important as the number of hours of care provided.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Latta Road Nursing Home West Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have experienced a UTI. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to nursing homes having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents that were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities may need to rely on these medications due to an increased number of patients suffering from Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were given antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 13.6% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 91.89% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Retaining mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. Avoiding the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the health of patients.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Latta Road Nursing Home West, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term stay residents that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Rochester, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Rochester, New York has 21 other nursing homes
- Unity Hospital of RochesterAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 723-7000
- Rochester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away1425 Portland Avenue Rochester New York 14621Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 922-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away1000 South Avenue Rochester New York 14620Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 341-6736
- Strong Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 275-2121
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - Park Ridge Campus4.61 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (585) 723-7760
- Fms - Greece Dialysis Center4.72 miles away1570 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 225-1422
- Rochester General Hospital Dialysis Center4.98 miles away370 Ridge Road East Ste. 10 Rochester New York 14621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (585) 922-0300
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.5.5 miles away999 E. Ridge Road Suite 11 Rochester New York 14621Dialysis Stations: 25 (585) 266-7348
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - St. Mary's7.44 miles away89 Genesee Street St. Mary's Campus Dialysis Rochester New York 14611Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 368-3934
- Unity Hospital Dialysis at Spencerport7.53 miles away4 Land-Re Way Suite 300 Spencerport New York 14559CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 368-6610
- Rochester General Hospital - Bay Creek Dialysis Center9.31 miles away2010 Empire Boulevard Webster New York 14580CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 922-0580
- University of Rochester9.34 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Dialysis Stations: 2 (585) 275-2829