Latta Road Nursing Home East is a small nursing home located in Rochester, New York. We gave this nursing home an above average overall grade of B+. In fact, this turned out to be one of the five highest rated nursing homes in Rochester. Even with Rochester featuring 22 nursing homes available, this facility stood out as a great option. As you can find below, this place also performed just fine in our category scores. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Latta Road Nursing Home East
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being an elite nursing home overall, this facility also performed well in our inspections category, where it earned a grade of A+. Very few places performed this well in this category. These inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Nursing scores are largely associated with the nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home New York in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a system of moving patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Latta Road Nursing Home East?
Short-term Care Quality
The third category we looked at was short-term care. This facility was awarded an impressive short-term care grade, with a grade of B in this category. In forming our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our objective is to formulate a measure for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we rated is long-term care, in which this facility was awarded a grade of B. This facility did not prove to have any weak categories. Facilities that do well in long-term care tend to provide residents with closer supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 97.8022 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia tragically can be a life threatening ailment for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a nursing home does not roll the dice on this issue. Finally, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Latta Road Nursing Home East Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 9.62% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely caused by patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint indicates the percentage of long-term care patients that suffered a fall which caused major injury. Falls can happen for a variety of reasons, but high rates of falls resulting in injuries could be an indicator of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 2.08% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients that sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often caused by worse hygiene protocols. However, this statistic may also be skewed for certain facilities due to varying reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 11.61% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. These medications are used for several medical conditions, including dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 13.28% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric tells you the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 13.6% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 91.89% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term patients who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for nursing home patients, making these types of vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 14.66% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and bathing. Some argue that this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 18.82% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of patients who maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 18.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Latta Road Nursing Home East, 74.71% Percentage of Resident
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Rochester, NY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Rochester, New York has 21 other nursing homes
- Unity Hospital of RochesterAcute Care Hospitals 4.58 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 723-7000
- Rochester General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.95 miles away1425 Portland Avenue Rochester New York 14621Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 922-4000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.69 miles away1000 South Avenue Rochester New York 14620Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 341-6736
- Strong Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.22 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Voluntary non-profit - Private(585) 275-2121
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - Park Ridge Campus4.61 miles away1555 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (585) 723-7760
- Fms - Greece Dialysis Center4.72 miles away1570 Long Pond Road Rochester New York 14626CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 225-1422
- Rochester General Hospital Dialysis Center4.98 miles away370 Ridge Road East Ste. 10 Rochester New York 14621CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (585) 922-0300
- Knickerbocker Dialysis Inc.5.5 miles away999 E. Ridge Road Suite 11 Rochester New York 14621Dialysis Stations: 25 (585) 266-7348
- Unity Hospital of Rochester - St. Mary's7.44 miles away89 Genesee Street St. Mary's Campus Dialysis Rochester New York 14611Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 368-3934
- Unity Hospital Dialysis at Spencerport7.53 miles away4 Land-Re Way Suite 300 Spencerport New York 14559CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (585) 368-6610
- Rochester General Hospital - Bay Creek Dialysis Center9.31 miles away2010 Empire Boulevard Webster New York 14580CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (585) 922-0580
- University of Rochester9.34 miles away601 Elmwood Ave Rochester New York 14642Dialysis Stations: 2 (585) 275-2829