Las Villas Del Norte Health Center is a small facility located in Escondido, California. Featuring an overall rating of A, this facility is ranked among the most elite facilities we found. In fact, we ranked this facility in the top 20 percent of all nursing homes in the country. Headlining this nursing home's stellar profile is its nursing score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Las Villas Del Norte Health Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 1, 2019 by Nick Reese
Note: Data for Las Villas Del Norte Health Center has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
Get pricing and details on Escondido senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Aquatic Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
We also would like to point out that this facility excelled in our nursing grade. We awarded them an A+ in this area. The nursing rating weighs numerous factors. The most important one is the quantity of hours nurses spent with residents. This facility provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can frequently be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
In addition, this facility also received a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A. Our inspection scores are based on pieces of information found on the a nursing home's inspection reports. Facilities that score well in this area have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. It doesn't look like we were able to find information on deficiency's for this nursing home. We would like to have more information about this nursing home. Without having the information regarding deficiencies, it was difficult to really grade this nursing home in this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Las Villas Del Norte Health Center?
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on our next category, we gave this nursing home a grade of A for its short-term care grade. This is a dominant grade. Short-term care ratings are meaningful for residents looking for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide scope of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we looked at in this area is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Long-term Care Quality
The final area we analyzed was long-term care, where this nursing home received a B-. This turned out to be this facility's least impressive category. This is still not a poor grade. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at long-term care grades. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Thankfully, this nursing home provided the pneumonia vaccine to 96 percent of its patients. Lastly, this nursing home was also able to limit hospitalizations. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Las Villas Del Norte Health Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 2.78% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term patients which suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We bake this statistic into our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 0% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that have had a major fall. Falls leading to major injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are routinely caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 12% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients which have sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of lower quality nursing care. However, this metric could also be misleading for certain facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 8% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic tells you the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to ensure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 12.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 0% of Patients
This is the percent of residents demonstrating signs of depression. High rates of depression could be an indicator worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 98% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these vaccines important for resident well-being.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 6.25% of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 33.88% of Residents
This is the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a great sign for residents' health.
Frequency Of ER Visits
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 61.71 ER visits per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of long-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 33.88% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 19.33% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Las Villas Del Norte Health Center, 56.08% of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Palomar Health Downtown CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.44 miles away555 East Valley Parkway Escondido California 92025Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 739-3000
- Pomerado HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.15 miles away15615 Pomerado Road Poway California 92064Government - Hospital District or Authority(858) 485-6511
- Tri-City Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.85 miles away4002 Vista Way Oceanside California 92056Government - Hospital District or Authority(760) 724-8411
- Scripps Memorial Hospital - EncinitasAcute Care Hospitals 12.98 miles away354 Santa Fe Drive Encinitas California 92024Voluntary non-profit - Private(760) 753-6501
- Nh Camp PendletonAcute Care - Department of Defense 18.14 miles away200 Mercy Circle Camp Pendleton Camp Pendleton California 92055Department of Defense(760) 725-1288
- Scripps Memorial Hospital La JollaAcute Care Hospitals 18.91 miles away9888 Genesee Avenue La Jolla California 92037Physician(858) 626-4123
- Davita-San Marcos Dialysis Center1.47 miles away2135 Montiel Road, Bldg. B San Marcos California 92069CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (760) 975-0170
- Davita-Escondido Dialysis1.57 miles away203 E. Second Avenue Escondido California 92025CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (760) 743-4401
- Fmc-Rancho8.86 miles away11031 via Frontera, Suite C San Diego California 92127CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 385-0700
- Fmc-Buena Creek9.93 miles away950 Hacienda Drive Vista California 92081CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 22 (760) 631-7900
- Davita Oceanside Dialysis12.18 miles away4182 Oceanside Blvd Oceanside California 92056Dialysis Stations: 21 (760) 941-8393
- Davita-Carmel Mountain Dialysis12.43 miles away9850 Carmel Mountain Road, a-D San Diego California 92129CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (858) 538-1083
- Davita-Encinitas Dialysis12.91 miles away332 Santa Fe Drive, Suite 100 Encinitas California 92024CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (760) 632-2323
- Fmc-North Coast Kidney Center13.19 miles away3300 Vista Way, Suite A Oceanside California 92056CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (760) 721-4344