Las Ventanas De Socorro is one of six nursing homes located in El Paso, Texas. This is not a very good nursing home with a D overall grade. Sadly, this grade is right in line with the city grade in El Paso. This place seems to have very little going for it. If you aren't deterred by this nursing home's profile, you can continue reading to learn more about its category grades. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph.
Las Ventanas De Socorro
- Nursing Home
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
10064 Alameda Avenue,
El Paso TX 79927
68.57% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Although this place's overall score was not a highlight, it did receive a very good grade in the area of inspections. In fact, we gave it a B+ for that area, which is one of our better grades. Our inspection grades account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid nursing homes with a bunch of deficiencies flagged. Although this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were serious based on CMS' deficiency scale. A few minor deficiencies aren't the end of the world.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home's next most favorable area is long-term care. We gave it a C in this area. This is basically a middle of the road grade in this area. In determining our long-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's ability to maintain its permanent residents' health and quality of life. On top of assessing the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this nursing home administered the vaccine to only 89.56835 percent of its patients. Nevertheless, this facility excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Las Ventanas De Socorro?
Short-term Care Quality
We awarded this nursing home just a D for our short-term care score. This is not one of our better scores. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to evaluate measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We analyze a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and various therapists. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Finally, we assessed the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
The last area we rated is nursing. This nursing home was given a very poor grade of F in this area. There are a number of data points included in this grade. Many of the factors are tied to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provided just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This place fared well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers. Many consider these areas to be good measures of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Las Ventanas De Socorro Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 7.17% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 3.38% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients that had falls resulting in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 1.52% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to poor nursing care. Closer supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who suffer from UTI's. Note that this datapoint is affected by by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 10.14% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 22.67% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 4.84% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents showing signs of depression. Some would argue that this is a reasonable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 93.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 17.58% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 13.47% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 13.47 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Las Ventanas De Socorro, 66.29% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for El Paso, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of D
- Nurse Rating has a grade of F
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? El Paso, Texas has 5 other nursing homes
- Foundation Surgical Hospital of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 5.18 miles away1416 George Dieter El Paso Texas 79936Proprietary(915) 598-4240
- The Hospitals of Providence Horizon City CampusAcute Care Hospitals 5.41 miles away13600 Horizon Street, Suite 100 El Paso Texas 79928Proprietary(915) 407-7878
- The Hospitals of Providence East CampusAcute Care Hospitals 9.11 miles away3280 Joe Battle Blvd El Paso Texas 79938Proprietary(915) 856-7349
- El Paso Children's HospitalChildrens 11.26 miles away4845 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Voluntary non-profit - Private(915) 521-7148
- El Paso Psychiatric CenterPsychiatric 11.37 miles away4615 Alameda Avenue El Paso Texas 79905Government - State(915) 532-2202
- University Medical Center of El PasoAcute Care Hospitals 11.37 miles away4815 Alameda Ave El Paso Texas 79905Government - Hospital District or Authority(915) 521-7602
- Sierra Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away1625 Medical Center Dr El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 747-4000
- Las Palmas Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.31 miles away1801 North Oregon Street El Paso Texas 79902Proprietary(915) 521-1200
- Davita Socorro Dialysis1.57 miles away10697 N. Loop Dr. El Paso Texas 79927Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 790-0538
- Us Renal Care South El Paso Dialysis1.74 miles away10651 North Loop El Paso Texas 79927Dialysis Stations: 12 (915) 255-4344
- Americas Dialysis1.86 miles away715 N. Americas Ave. El Paso Texas 79907CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 2 (915) 872-8185
- Fresenius Medical Care Horizon Dialysis3.49 miles away12245 Rojas Drive El Paso Texas 79936Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 872-0270
- Ridgecrest Dialysis3.5 miles away12249 Rojas Drive El Paso Texas 79936CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (915) 790-0839
- Davita East Dialysis5.22 miles away11989 Pellicano Drive El Paso Texas 79936CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (915) 856-6363
- Davita - Loma Vista Dialysis6.45 miles away1382a Lomaland Dr El Paso Texas 79935CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 53 (915) 591-0834
- Us Renal Care East El Paso Dialysis6.8 miles away10737 Gateway W Ste 100 El Paso Texas 79935CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (915) 590-8334