Langton Place is a small non-profit facility located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. We gave this facility an overall grade of A+, which is an extremely impressive grade. In fact, this is one of the top five nursing homes in Saint Paul. We can't find many negative things to say about this nursing home. Its scores are just impeccable. One of the best aspects of this nursing home's remarkable profile is its inspection grade. We discuss inspections in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a great overall grade, this facility also received A+ health inspections in recent years. Its inspections were virtually flawless. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating these inspection grades. One critical factor is health deficiencies. It should be noted that the severity of the deficiencies is usually more meaningful than the number of deficiencies, as some deficiencies are quite minor. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Adding to its first-rate resume, this nursing home also was awarded a dominant short-term care grade, with a grade of A. Our short-term care grades are considered to be more critical for those requiring a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation generally mandates higher levels of highly-skilled nursing services. This means not just nursing, but also physical and respiratory therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this nursing home. We found that 5.5 percent of this nursing home's patients were able to return home.
Does this page answer your questions about Langton Place?
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. There are numerous datapoints included in this grade. Many of these factors relate to the quantity of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Minnesota in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can frequently be avoided by providing better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a patient even once per day.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final area, we awarded this nursing home an A+ for its long-term care rating. This topped off a very favorable profile. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine medical care. Once we assessed the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we next considered the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 95.652176 percent of its residents against pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Langton Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Langton Place, 6.84% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that are suffering from new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Langton Place, 4.32% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Langton Place, 2.81% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Langton Place, 16.37% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were given antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs may be vital to many residents, it is important to ensure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest that a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Langton Place, 4.73% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents demonstrating signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Langton Place, 93.57% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Langton Place, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Langton Place, 76.19% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 6 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton0.56 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Davita - Larpenteur Ave Dialysis2.64 miles away1739 Lexington Ave N Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 489-9260
- Arden Hills Dialysis of Davita3.03 miles away3900 Northwoods Dr Ste 110 Saint Paul Minnesota 55112Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 483-3159
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita3.47 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.61 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Fmc Dialysis - Roseville3.84 miles away2045 Rice St Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 489-3312
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul4.58 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis4.69 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756