Langton Place is a small non-profit facility located in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Sporting an overall rating of A+, this is actually one of the top five nursing homes in Saint Paul. We can't find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are impeccable. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's exemplary report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next section.
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a great nursing home is that it earned an A+ in our inspections category. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Arguably the most critical factor we look at in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better scores in this area most likely dodged the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. This particular nursing home received 5 deficiencies on its inspection report. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A. Nursing grades are mostly associated with the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 1 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be prevented by offering better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning patients even once per day.
Does this page answer your questions about Langton Place?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our third category, we awarded this facility a grade of A for our long-term care rating. This is a very impressive rating. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to patients. On top of looking at the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility administered the vaccine to 95 percent of its residents, which is higher than the majority of nursing homes. Finally, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had only 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category we scored, this nursing home was given a very strong grade of A in our short-term care category. With this grade, the facility completed a straight A profile. Short-term care grades are based on the nursing home's quantity of highly-skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, not to mention other types of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final metric we considered in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 4.9 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Langton Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Langton Place, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients which suffered from pressure ulcers . We factor in this statistic in computing our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Langton Place, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This statistic measures the percent of long-term residents who sustained a fall which resulted in severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be a sign of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Langton Place, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes associated with poor hygiene.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Langton Place, 93.31% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Langton Place, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Langton Place, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percent of short-term patients that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of performance with ADL's often correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Saint Paul, MN
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Saint Paul, Minnesota has 30 other nursing homes
- University of Minnesota Medical Center, FairviewAcute Care Hospitals 4.7 miles away2450 Riverside Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 273-3000
- Hennepin County Medical Center 1Acute Care Hospitals 5.2 miles away701 Park Avenue Minneapolis Minnesota 55415Government - Local(612) 873-3629
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 6 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Regions HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away640 Jackson Street Saint Paul Minnesota 55101Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 254-1616
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.21 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- United HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.53 miles away333 North Smith Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55102Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 241-8810
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 6.85 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Healtheast St John's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away1575 Beam Avenue Saint Paul Minnesota 55109Voluntary non-profit - Private(651) 232-7000
- Fmc Dialysis - New Brighton0.56 miles away2910 Centre Pointe Dr Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 633-1155
- Davita - Larpenteur Ave Dialysis2.64 miles away1739 Lexington Ave N Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 489-9260
- Arden Hills Dialysis of Davita3.03 miles away3900 Northwoods Dr Ste 110 Saint Paul Minnesota 55112Dialysis Stations: 12 (651) 483-3159
- Minneapolis Ne Dialysis of Davita3.47 miles away1049 10th Ave Se Minneapolis Minnesota 55414Dialysis Stations: 12 (612) 331-6088
- Riverside Dialysis of Davita3.61 miles away1045 Westgate Drive Suite 90 Saint Paul Minnesota 55114Dialysis Stations: 20 (651) 645-1847
- Fmc Dialysis - Roseville3.84 miles away2045 Rice St Saint Paul Minnesota 55113Dialysis Stations: 13 (651) 489-3312
- Fresenius Medical Care - Midway St Paul4.58 miles away1690 University Ave W Suite B - 100 Saint Paul Minnesota 55104Dialysis Stations: 22 (651) 917-0081
- U of Mn Med Ctr, Fairview - Dialysis4.69 miles away2450 Riverside Ave Kidney Center South Bldg Minneapolis Minnesota 55454Dialysis Stations: 11 (612) 365-3756