Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center is a small nursing home located in Zachary, Louisiana. We gave this facility an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires quality marks in most areas. This place definitely has plenty of good features. The best part of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection rating. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph
Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
6300 Main Street,
Zachary LA 70791
89.23% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Facilities with higher scores in this category generally have few of these severe deficiencies. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given an impressive long-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average grade of B in this category. In a long-term care setting, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. After we finished assessing the amount of nursing care, we turned to the facility's vaccination record. This nursing home vaccinated 83.65385 percent of its patients against pneumonia. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. Indeed, it had only 0.49 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility also received a favorable short-term care score. In fact, we gave it an above average score of B in this category. In computing our short-term care scores, we analyze the facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This grade is typically a fair assessment of the facility's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the percentage of patients who who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home performed better in this area than in its staffing levels. We found that it fared as well as just about any nursing home in the nation with 64.5 percent of its residents returning home.
The next category we rated is nursing, which is this facility's worst category. We gave this facility a D in that category. Of course, this category pulled down the facility's overall profile to a certain degree. Our nursing grade looks at the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We factor in both the levels of training of those nurses as well as the quantity of hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 3.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day, which is below the national average. Unfortunately, this nursing home also did not fare as well as we had hoped in some of the quality-based metrics we assessed in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 9.91% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 3.5% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 2.75% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may be skewed for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 15.82% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to confirm these medications are being used appropriately. In some situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 22.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were given antianxiety medications. These drugs are typically used to treat residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 1.57% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who are exhibiting symptoms of depression. Some believe this is a reasonable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 89.69% of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 17.57% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's could indicate decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 16.33% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients who retained mobility levels. Some believe that the ability to move around is important for patients physical and mental health.
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 1.86 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is key to the physical well-being of residents.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 16.33 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lane Nsg Home an Affiliate of Lane Reg Medical Center, 64% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Lane Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away6300 Main Street Zachary Louisiana 70791Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 658-4000
- Baton Rouge General Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.76 miles away3600 Florida Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 387-7767
- Ochsner Medical Center - Baton RougeAcute Care Hospitals 16.37 miles away17000 Medical Center Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70816Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 752-2470
- West Feliciana Parish HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 16.37 miles away5266 Commerce Street, Building B Saint Francisville Louisiana 70775Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 635-3811
- Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 17.11 miles away5000 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70808Voluntary non-profit - Church(225) 765-6565
- Womans HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.63 miles away100 Woman's Way Baton Rouge Louisiana 70817Voluntary non-profit - Private(225) 927-1300
- Pointe Coupee General HospitalCritical Access Hospitals 19.52 miles away2202 False River Drive New Roads Louisiana 70760Government - Hospital District or Authority(225) 368-6386
- Fmcna - Zachary Crossroad1.19 miles away4709 Secretary Dr Zachary Louisiana 70791CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 654-1450
- Fmcna - Baker4.59 miles away4353 Groom Rd Baker Louisiana 70714CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (225) 775-0217
- Fmcna - Howell Place8.46 miles away7707 Howell Pl Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70807CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (225) 357-3798
- Davita - Scotlandville Dialysis9.12 miles away7797 Howell Blvd Baton Rouge Louisiana 70807Dialysis Stations: 18 (225) 357-6928
- Fmcna - Airline10.17 miles away5948 Airline Hwy Baton Rouge Louisiana 70805CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (225) 357-9055
- Fmcna - Foster Dr Dialysis Svcs12.59 miles away1919 N Foster Dr Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 354-1611
- Fmcna - Dialysis Services of Bon Carre13.38 miles away7656 Realtors Ave Baton Rouge Louisiana 70806Dialysis Stations: 20 (225) 216-0388
- Fmcna - Felicianas Dialysis Ctr13.62 miles away2995 Race St Jackson Louisiana 70748Dialysis Stations: 17 (225) 634-2733