Landmark Medical Center is a facility located in Pomona, California, which has 154,204 people. We gave this facility an overall grade of D. A score of this caliber typically indicates some concerning datapoints. While this grade isn't too far off the city grade in Pomona which is a C, you still should be able to find a better option. The best thing we can really say about this place is that it did not receive any F's in in any of the major categories. More information about these categories is available below.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Landmark Medical Center
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
Get pricing and details on Pomona senior living options.Get Pricing
- No Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
Even though we weren't complementary of this nursing home's overall score, it earned an impressive long-term care score this year. We gave it a B+ in this area. For residents looking for a permanent residence rather than rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After assessing the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination statistics. This facility vaccinated 80.69705 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is somewhat below what we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
We also awarded this facility a grade of C for our nursing rating. Nursing ratings are mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low figure. Lastly, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based metrics, such as avoiding major falls. Despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours per resident, this nursing home performed admirably in the area of preventing major falls. This is generally an indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place. Many falls can be avoided if a nursing home supplies enough nurses to assist its residents.
Does this page answer your questions about Landmark Medical Center?
This facility received slightly below average government inspections in recent years. We awarded them a grade of C in this area. Our inspection ratings account for a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This nursing home had 6 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to find that none were category G through L deficiencies. This means it avoided the more ominous classes of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received some government fines in recent years.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we rated is short-term care, which was this nursing home's least impressive category. We gave this nursing home a D in that category. Our short-term care scores are critical for residents needing rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing means a wide scope of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and speech therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Not surprisingly, we found that this nursing home provides far less physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than the average facility. Lastly, we considered the number of patients that ultimately were able to return home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Landmark Medical Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Landmark Medical Center, 1.07% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term residents that suffered falls leading to major injury. This is one of the statistics we use in computing nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Landmark Medical Center, 0.27% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely the result of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be skewed for some facilities due to varying reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Landmark Medical Center, 16.35% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents taking antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Landmark Medical Center, 0% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Landmark Medical Center, 89.86% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents that have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for seniors, making these types of vaccines vital to patient safety.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Landmark Medical Center, 0.8% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some experts believe that this is a reasonable measure of a resident's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Landmark Medical Center, 1.28% of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents that maintained mobility.
In Landmark Medical Center, 0 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Landmark Medical Center, 1.28% of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Scores for Pomona, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Pomona, California has 8 other nursing homes
- Pomona Valley Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0.42 miles away1798 N Garey Ave Pomona California 91767Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 865-9500
- Montclair Hospital Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.27 miles away5000 San Bernardino St Montclair California 91763Voluntary non-profit - Private(909) 625-8300
- San Dimas Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.86 miles away1350 W Covina Blvd San Dimas California 91773Proprietary(909) 599-6811
- Chino Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.56 miles away5451 Walnut Ave Chino California 91710Proprietary(909) 627-6111
- San Antonio Regional HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.7 miles away999 San Bernardino Road Upland California 91786Voluntary non-profit - Other(714) 985-2811
- Glendora Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away150 West Route 66 Glendora California 91740Proprietary(626) 335-0231
- Emanate Health Inter-Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.09 miles away210 W San Bernardino Road Covina California 91723Proprietary(626) 814-2468
- Placentia Linda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.44 miles away1301 N Rose Drive Placentia California 92870Proprietary(714) 993-2000
- Davita-Pomona Dialysis0.17 miles away2111 N. Garey Avenue Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 596-9997
- Fmc-Garey Dialysis Center Partnership0.48 miles away150 E. Arrow Highway Pomona California 91767CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (909) 593-5863
- Pomona Dialysis Center, Inc.1.47 miles away255 E. Bonita Avenue, Building 1 Ste 200 Pomona California 91767Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 784-2949
- Davita-Montclair Dialysis Center3.11 miles away9142 Monte Vista Ave Montclair California 91763CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (909) 626-6505
- San Dimas Dialysis Center, Inc.3.51 miles away1335 Cypress Street, Suite 102 San Dimas California 91773CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 542-2802
- Davita-Pomona Valley Dialysis4.21 miles away2703 S Towne Avenue Pomona California 91766CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (909) 590-4930
- Ontario Holt Dialysis Center, Inc.4.67 miles away1310 West Holt Avenue Ontario California 91762Dialysis Stations: 28 (909) 986-0230
- Davita-Upland Colonies Dialysis4.81 miles away587 N. Mountain Avenue Upland California 91786Dialysis Stations: 25 (909) 931-4515