Lakewood Villa is a small nursing home in Denver, Colorado. Our grading scheme was not kind to this nursing home, as it received an overall rating of F. In our grading scheme, this is ranked as one of the bottom five rated facilities in Denver. In a city with countless other nursing homes, you should be able to find an alternative. We wouldn't blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another nursing home. However, if you want to learn more about this facility's category grades, inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1625 Simms Street,
Denver CO 80215
91.22% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Lakewood Villa has been flagged for abuse in the past 12 months. We have capped this facility's overall grade accordingly.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable inspection report this year. As a result, it received a decent grade in that category with a score of B-. Inspection scores weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. We weren't able to track down deficiency data for this facility. Lastly, this facility was flagged by CMS for possible abuse or neglect. We prefer to avoid facilities with this designation. Please do your best to find an alternative nursing home.
Long-term Care Quality
We were also surprised to discover that this nursing home received a reasonably solid long-term care score this year. We gave it a grade of B- in this category. If you are looking for services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each nursing home's long-term care grades. One of the statistics we considered on top of nurse's aid hours was vaccines. Candidly, we were a bit alarmed this nursing home administered the pneumonia vaccine to only 74.86034 percent of its patients. On a more positive note, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakewood Villa?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this facility's third best category was short-term care. However, with a D in this area, it still fared somewhat poorly. In determining our short-term care ratings, we analyze the facility's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of skilled professionals. Our purpose is to devise a tool for sizing up the rehabilitation services of various facilities. With a score in this range for this area, we were not surprised to learn that this facility was well below average in several staffing figures we assess. The nursing home supplied substantially fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per patient than most nursing homes. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
This facility's weakest area is nursing, which is the final area we assessed. For this category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of just D. Nursing scores are largely based on a nursing home's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averaged a meager 1.8 hours of nursing care per resident per day. To pair with its below average totals in the area of nursing hours per resident, this facility had really poor scores in many of the quality-based metrics we looked at in computing our nursing grades. We looked at the percentage of residents having falls which led to major injury. This place was at more than 150 percent of the national average in this statistic.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakewood Villa Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakewood Villa, 5.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are skin damage due to remaining in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakewood Villa, 3.41% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Falls which result in injury are often caused by poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakewood Villa, 2.12% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakewood Villa, 17.3% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakewood Villa, 12.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakewood Villa, 3.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay residents demonstrating symptoms of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakewood Villa, 85.88% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakewood Villa, 15.2% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakewood Villa, 20.54% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients who retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakewood Villa, 20.54 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This indicates the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Scores for Denver, CO
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Denver, Colorado has 42 other nursing homes
- Orthocolorado Hospital at St Anthony Med CampusAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away11650 West 2nd Place Denver Colorado 80228Proprietary(720) 321-5000
- Centura Health-St Anthony HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.71 miles away11600 West 2nd Plc Denver Colorado 80228Voluntary non-profit - Church(720) 321-0000
- Lutheran Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.76 miles away8300 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 425-4500
- Denver Health Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.41 miles away777 Bannock St Denver Colorado 80204Government - State(303) 602-4930
- Saint Joseph HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.3 miles away1375 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 812-2000
- Presbyterian St Lukes Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.56 miles away1719 E 19th Ave Denver Colorado 80218Government - State(303) 839-6000
- Centura Health-Porter Adventist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.63 miles away2525 S Downing St Denver Colorado 80210Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 778-1955
- National Jewish HealthAcute Care Hospitals 9.85 miles away1400 Jackson St Denver Colorado 80206Voluntary non-profit - Private(303) 388-4461
- West Lakewood Dialysis Center (Dva)1.79 miles away11700 W 2nd Pl, Ste 325 Denver Colorado 80228Dialysis Stations: 14 (303) 987-4672
- Mile High Pd (Dva)3.02 miles away1750 Pierce St Ste A Denver Colorado 80214Dialysis Stations: 3 (303) 232-0939
- Lakewood Dialysis (Dva)3.02 miles away1750 Pierce St Denver Colorado 80214CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (303) 238-6111
- Kidney Center of Wheat Ridge (Ara)3.42 miles away6920 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge Colorado 80033Dialysis Stations: 16 (303) 463-3041
- Lakewood Crossing Dialysis (Dva)3.95 miles away1057 S Wadsworth Blvd Ste 100 Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 22 (720) 962-6199
- Kidney Center of Lakewood (Ara)4.07 miles away6166 W Alameda Ave Denver Colorado 80226Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 922-6371
- Kidney Center of Bear Creek (Ara)4.28 miles away11058 West Jewell Ave Denver Colorado 80232Dialysis Stations: 15 (303) 233-4204
- Kidney Center of Arvada (Ara)4.3 miles away5265 Vance St Arvada Colorado 80002CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (303) 403-1127