Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center is located in Plainfield, Illinois, a city with a total of 94,521 people. This is a quality facility. We gave this it an overall grade of B+, which is a strong grade. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. This place's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection rating, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a quality nursing home is that it received an A+ inspection grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this critical category. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a nursing home's inspection reports. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Places with better grades in this category usually have very few severe deficiencies. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe deficiencies. This indicates that the inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home is also above average in the category of long-term care, where it was given a grade of B+. It performed better than most nursing homes in this area. For prospective patients seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to rehabilitation, long-term care is a very important category. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 71.25984 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which happens to be a few points lower than we were hoping for but still a respectable figure. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B. Our nursing rating assesses the nursing home's nurse staffing levels. We consider both the levels of skill of those nurses as well as the number of hours spent with residents. This facility provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a policy of moving a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
The last category we scored was short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a favorable grade of B. In the category of short-term care, we try to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 5.3 percent of this facility's patients returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 8.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing protocols can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 3.47% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often the result of lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percentage of residents that have had a urinary tract infection. These infections could be associated with insufficient hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 18.4% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients that were prescribed antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 19.11% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percentage of long-term care patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 29.8% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Many in the industry would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 87.49% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents that were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 14.23% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may indicate the decline of a resident's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 19.34% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility.
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 1.51 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 19.34 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 11.45 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakewood Nrsg & Rehab Center, 71.39% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.12 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Fmc - Plainfield North0.47 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Plainfield3.79 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Davita - West Joliet5.41 miles away1051 Essington Road Suite 160 Joliet Illinois 60435CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (815) 725-3275
- Sun Health7.03 miles away2121 Oneida St Suite 104 Joliet Illinois 60435Dialysis Stations: 17 (815) 725-7886
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis7.37 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Usrc - Bolingbrook7.87 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fmc - Naperbrook8.03 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Affiliated Dialysis of Joliet8.4 miles away1352 Houbolt Rd Joliet Illinois 60431Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 630-5530