Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center is located in Plainfield, Illinois, a city with a total of 94,521 people. This is a fine facility. We awarded it an overall grade of B, which is a quality grade. Based on our ratings, you could do much worse than this facility. This place is stronger in some categories than others, but it did not have any weak links in any of the four major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Palliative Care
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Oncology Care
- Colostomy Care
- Total Parenteral Nutrition
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in calculating our inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more meaningful than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be relatively minor. While this place had a few minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are found in categories G through L. This means the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Adding to its profile, this nursing home also received a score of B for its long-term care rating. This is a well above average score in this category. For residents seeking a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care is an important category. On top of considering the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 67.39927 percent of its patients, which is slightly lower than we anticipated. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we hoped for, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center?
In addition, this facility also received favorable nursing grades this year. In fact, we awarded them one of our better scores in that area, with a grade of B. The nursing score includes a handful of components, most of which are based on nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a system of turning residents even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the fourth area, this facility received a grade of B- for short-term care, which is generally a decent rating. In the category of short-term care, we strive to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We assess the nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. However, based on the information they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Finally, we considered the number of patients that ultimately returned home from this facility. We found that 4.9 percent of this facility's patients were able to return home. This figure was actually well below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay residents who developed new or worsened pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are an measure of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Major falls which result in injury are often the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of residents who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to poor hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care patients that were given antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically indicated. However, some facilities need to rely more on these medications due to an increased number of patients with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are typically prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 30.45% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term care patients who are demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients who were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care. Minimizing hospitalizations is important to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakewood Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric measures the percentage of short-term patients who saw functional improvements.
- Presence Saint Joseph Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.79 miles away333 N Madison St Joliet Illinois 60435Voluntary non-profit - Church(815) 725-7133
- Adventist Bolingbrook HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.34 miles away500 Remington Boulevard Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 312-5000
- Rush Copley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.62 miles away2000 Ogden Avenue Aurora Illinois 60504Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 978-6200
- Edward HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.44 miles away801 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60540Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 527-3000
- Silver Cross Hospital and Medical CentersAcute Care Hospitals 11.86 miles away1900 Silver Cross Blvd New Lenox Illinois 60451Voluntary non-profit - Private(815) 300-1100
- Presence Mercy Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.69 miles away1325 N Highland Avenue Aurora Illinois 60506Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 859-2222
- Advocate Good Samaritan HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.12 miles away3815 Highland Avenue Downers Grove Illinois 60515Voluntary non-profit - Church(630) 275-5900
- Central Dupage HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.04 miles away25 North Winfield Road Winfield Illinois 60190Voluntary non-profit - Private(630) 682-1600
- Fmc - Plainfield North0.47 miles away24024 West Riverwalk Ct Plainfield Illinois 60544Dialysis Stations: 10 (815) 577-2898
- Fmc - Plainfield3.79 miles away2320 Michas Drive Plainfield Illinois 60586Dialysis Stations: 15 (815) 230-2267
- Davita - West Joliet5.41 miles away1051 Essington Road Suite 160 Joliet Illinois 60435CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (815) 725-3275
- Sun Health7.03 miles away2121 Oneida St Suite 104 Joliet Illinois 60435Dialysis Stations: 17 (815) 725-7886
- Fmc - Bolingbrook Dialysis7.37 miles away329 Remington Blvd, Ste 110 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 759-1395
- Usrc - Bolingbrook7.87 miles away396 Remington Blvd., Suite 100 Bolingbrook Illinois 60440Dialysis Stations: 13 (630) 759-1943
- Fmc - Naperbrook8.03 miles away2451 South Washington Naperville Illinois 60565CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (630) 428-9769
- Affiliated Dialysis of Joliet8.4 miles away1352 Houbolt Rd Joliet Illinois 60431Dialysis Stations: 1 (815) 630-5530