Lakeview Manor is a large nursing home located in Indianapolis, Indiana. We gave this facility an overall grade of F. We ranked this as one of the five worst rated nursing homes in Indianapolis. In a city with countless other facilities, you will probably be able to find an alternative. More information on this facility's category grades is available below. Its best category was nursing, which is discussed in the next paragraph.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Indianapolis senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
While we graded this facility incredibly poorly overall, it received a fairly respectable nursing grade this year. We gave it a grade of B- in that category. In determining a facility's nursing grade, we assess the quantity of hours nurses are with residents and the level of skill of those nurses. This nursing home provides only 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a somewhat alarming figure as it is well below the national average. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility actually excelled in some of the quality measures we looked at. In fact, it scored well when it comes to minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls.
Short-term Care Quality
Moving on to the category of short-term care, this facility was given just a D in that category. As it turns out, this wound up being one of its better grades. In forming our short-term care ratings, we look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. The objective is to create a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of different facilities. Considering its weak score in this category, we weren't surprised to discover this place offered significantly fewer physical therapist and registered nurse hours per resident than most other nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that just 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakeview Manor?
This facility received a lowly F for its inspection score. This is an important category. Grades in this range usually point to red flags on the nursing home's government inspection reports. We would advise paying special attention to any deficiencies on a facility's inspection reports when it receives this bad of an inspection score. We would pay close attention to the level of severity of those deficiencies. This facility had 6 deficiencies by CMS. The only favorable thing we found is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that indicate they created a risk to patient health or safety. Finally, we also would like to point out that this nursing home was assessed significant government fines amounting to over $100,000. This usually suggests that a nursing home's bad track record has been an issue for multiple years.
Long-term Care Quality
The next category we looked at is long-term care. This nursing home was given an abysmal grade of F in this area. When facilities receive this kind of grade in this category it is typically a bad sign for resident care and it may indicate that the facility is not as well-staffed with nurses and aids. After looking at the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the nursing home's vaccination statistics. Frankly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated 40.85366 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is quite a bit less than what we expected. To our surprise, this nursing home was actually able to limit hospitalizations. With only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, this facility has fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakeview Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakeview Manor, 3.11% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to staying in the same position for an excessive period of time.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakeview Manor, 0.91% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a fall which caused major injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakeview Manor, 0.61% of Patients had UTIs
This metric indicates the percent of long-term residents who have sustained a UTI. While a higher rate infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it is problematic to compare between facilities due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakeview Manor, 16.41% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakeview Manor, 23.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakeview Manor, 2.88% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakeview Manor, 41.78% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakeview Manor, 45.7% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakeview Manor, 34.07% of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Lakeview Manor, 0.02 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakeview Manor, 34.07% of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakeview Manor, 7.13% of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakeview Manor, 51.42% of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 23 other nursing homes
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 10.16 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West0.75 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Speedway Dialysis3.28 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Avon Dialysis3.44 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Dci - Indianapolis3.98 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Davita - Westview Dialysis4.24 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita - Eagle Highlands4.45 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.58 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.75 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729