Lakeview Manor is a large government-owned facility in Indianapolis, Indiana. We gave this facility an overall grade of F. We ranked this as one of the five worst rated nursing homes in Indianapolis. In a city with countless other facilities, you will probably be able to find an alternative. We would not blame you if you are ready to stop reading and find another facility. However, if you want to learn more about this place's category grades, we will discuss nursing in the next paragraph.
- Nursing Home
- Adult Day Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Government - County
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
We really couldn't find anything positive to say about this place. It received a just D in nursing. Unfortunately, this ended up being its best grade. Nursing scores are based largely on nurse staffing levels. This facility provided just 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a very low total compared to most nursing homes. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This facility performed well in terms of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these statistics to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Sadly, this facility's second best category was inspections, but even there it received a grade of just D. This is still a well below average grade. We weigh several aspects of a nursing home's inspection report in calculating our inspection scores. One of those factors is deficiencies. We would scrutinize the severity of the deficiencies. This particular nursing home had 6 deficiencies by government inspectors. The only favorable thing we can say is that none of the deficiencies were in the categories that suggest that they posed a threat to resident safety or health. Finally, we would like to point out that this facility received large government fines in recent years amounting to more than $100,000. This usually indicates that a facility'spoor performance spanned multiple years.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakeview Manor?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is short-term care, in which this nursing home was given an F. In computing our short-term care grades, we size up the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is generally a meaningful assessment of a facility's rehabilitation services. Considering its score in this category, we weren't surprised to discover that this nursing home is well below average in terms of its number of physical therapy and registered nurse hours offered to its patients based on the metrics we looked at. Honestly, this was about what we expected here. Finally, we considered the number of residents that eventually returned home from this facility. This facility didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The last category we looked at was long-term care. Unfortunately, we gave it an abysmal F for this category, which is a rock bottom grade. Nursing homes that don't fare well in long-term care typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in some of the areas of routine healthcare services we assessed. After considering the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination data. We were somewhat surprised to discover that this nursing home vaccinated only 73.84615 percent of its residents for pneumonia. Surprisingly, this place actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had just 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This is its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakeview Manor Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakeview Manor, 7.44% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain pressure ulcers.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakeview Manor, 3.93% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients that suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often associated with lower quality nursing care. Better nursing care can reduce the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakeview Manor, 1.87% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely caused by a facility with lower levels of hygiene. However, this metric can be misleading for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakeview Manor, 13.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint gauges the percent of long-term residents receiving antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakeview Manor, 21.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents receiving antianxiety drugs.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakeview Manor, 12.89% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term stay patients who are exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe that this is a reliable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakeview Manor, 91.48% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakeview Manor, 15.74% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and continence. Many in the industry argue this is a measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakeview Manor, 15.7% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Retaining mobility can be a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Lakeview Manor, 1.46 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is a correlation between staying out of the hospital and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakeview Manor, 15.7 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakeview Manor, 11.29 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakeview Manor, 73.78% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Some believe that this is a reasonable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services.
Scores for Indianapolis, IN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of D
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Indianapolis, Indiana has 45 other nursing homes
- Iu Health West HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.28 miles away1111 N Ronald Reagan Pkwy Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 217-3000
- St Vincent Neighborhood HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.69 miles away9613 East Us Highway 36 Avon Indiana 46123Proprietary(317) 703-1999
- Eskenazi HealthAcute Care Hospitals 4.98 miles away720 Eskenazi Avenue Indianapolis Indiana 46202Government - Local(317) 880-4818
- Indiana University HealthAcute Care Hospitals 5.58 miles away1701 N Senate Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 962-5900
- Neurodiagnostic InstitutePsychiatric 10.16 miles away5435 E 16th St Indianapolis Indiana 46218Government - State(317) 941-4000
- Community Hospital EastAcute Care Hospitals 10.27 miles away1500 N Ritter Ave Indianapolis Indiana 46219Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 355-5411
- St Vincent Hospital & Health ServicesAcute Care Hospitals 10.76 miles away2001 W 86th St Indianapolis Indiana 46260Voluntary non-profit - Church(317) 338-7000
- Community Hospital SouthAcute Care Hospitals 11.39 miles away1402 E County Line Rd S Indianapolis Indiana 46227Voluntary non-profit - Private(317) 887-7000
- Fmc - Indianapolis-West0.75 miles away805 Beachway Drive Suite 100 Indianapolis Indiana 46224Dialysis Stations: 18 (317) 484-3550
- Davita Speedway Dialysis3.28 miles away2636 W. Michigan St. Indianapolis Indiana 46222Dialysis Stations: 13 (317) 423-0956
- Davita - Avon Dialysis3.44 miles away9210 Rockville Road, Ste D Indianapolis Indiana 46234Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 209-2544
- Dci - Indianapolis3.98 miles away1719 West 10th Street Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (317) 631-2005
- Davita - Westview Dialysis4.24 miles away3749 Commercial Dr. Indianapolis Indiana 46222CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 17 (317) 299-4693
- Davita - Eagle Highlands4.45 miles away6925 Shore Terrace Indianapolis Indiana 46254Dialysis Stations: 16 (317) 295-0423
- Riley Hospital - Peds Dialysis4.58 miles away705 Riley Hospital Drive Roc Dialysis Rm 1240 Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 8 (317) 944-4303
- Davita University Dialysis of Indy4.75 miles away550 N. University Blvd Indianapolis Indiana 46202Dialysis Stations: 31 (317) 635-8729