Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac is a small facility in Haverhill, Massachusetts. We gave this nursing home an overall score of A+. As a result, it outpaced many of the facilities in Haverhill by a sizable margin. Based on all of the relevant data, you can not go wrong with this facility. If you look below, you will see this facility's category grades, which are also strong.
Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
We also wanted to emphasize that this nursing home earned near flawless inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this area. Arguably the most important factor we consider in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places with better scores in this category typically avoided the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be avoided if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac?
Long-term Care Quality
We also gave this nursing home a of A+ for its long-term care grade. When nursing homes receive a score in this range in this category it generally means it has plenty of staff and is a quality place to reside on a permanent basis. In addition to considering the quantity of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 98.809525 percent of its patients, which is very impressive. Pneumonia tragically can be a life or death health condition for nursing home patients so we strongly prefer when a facility doesn't leave this to chance. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was short-term care, where this facility received a grade of B+. This wrapped up a very favorable report card. Only a select few facilities received a B+ or better in each of our categories. Our short-term care grade is often used to assess a facility's performance with rehabilitation. In order to provide highly scored rehabilitation services, nursing homes generally need to offer better levels of skilled nursing. Skilled nursing includes registered nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 0 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac Quality Metrics
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 3.62% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percent of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in major injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 2.45% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic is a measure of the percent of long-term stay patients which have experienced UTI's. While a higher rate of these infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare between nursing homes due to facilities having differing reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 18.96% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to patients for many conditions, including cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 18.8% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay patients who are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are generally given to patients experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 1.95% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who are showing symptoms of depression. High levels of depression may reveal a lower level of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 91.63% of Patients
This tells you the percentage of residents that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 15.18% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term care patients who required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some argue this is a reasonable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 19.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients who remained mobile levels. Some experts would argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 1.24 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakeview House Skld Nrsg and Residential Care Fac, 19.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric tracks the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term patient care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is important to restoring the health of residents.
Scores for Haverhill, MA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Haverhill, Massachusetts has 6 other nursing homes
- Holy Family HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.79 miles away70 East Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Proprietary(978) 687-0156
- Anna Jaques HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.22 miles away25 Highland Avenue Newburyport Massachusetts 01950Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 463-1000
- Parkland Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.27 miles away1 Parkland Drive Derry New Hampshire 03038Proprietary(603) 421-2100
- Exeter Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 14.38 miles away5 Alumni Drive Exeter New Hampshire 03833Voluntary non-profit - Private(603) 778-7311
- Lowell General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.08 miles away295 Varnum Avenue Lowell Massachusetts 01854Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 937-6000
- Beverly Hospital CorporationAcute Care Hospitals 18.21 miles away85 Herrick Street Beverly Massachusetts 01915Voluntary non-profit - Private(978) 922-3000
- Fresenius Medical Care of Methuen5.15 miles away421 Merrimack Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844Dialysis Stations: 21 (978) 975-3117
- Fresenius Medical Care Merrimack Valley6.54 miles away100 Milk Street Methuen Massachusetts 01844CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 686-9900
- Davita North Andover Renal at Home7.56 miles away201 Sutton Street North Andover Massachusetts 01845CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 19 (978) 975-1119
- Fmc of Newburyport8.71 miles away260 Merrimac Street Towle Building Newburyport Massachusetts 01950CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 13 (978) 465-7030
- Bio-Medical Applications of New Hampshire Inc9.84 miles away19 Keewadin Drive Suite 1 Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 1 (603) 870-0969
- Versailles Dialysis LLC9.96 miles away18 Pelham Road Salem New Hampshire 03079Dialysis Stations: 10 (603) 870-9487
- Fmc Dialysis Services of Exeter14.31 miles away1 Hampton Road, Suite 109 Exeter New Hampshire 03833Dialysis Stations: 13 (603) 777-9931
- Fresenius Medical Care of Lowell16.38 miles away847 Rogers Street Suite 101 Lowell Massachusetts 01852CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (978) 441-5100