Located in Dunedin, Florida, Lakeside Oaks Care Center is one of just a few available facilities in the area. With an A- overall grade, we ranked this nursing home in the top 25 percent of all nursing homes in the country. Based on our analysis, this place is just about as as good as it gets. As you will see below, this facility also performed just fine in our category ratings. It would be hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Lakeside Oaks Care Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
To pair with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for its nursing grade. Facilities that receive this type of score in long-term care tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure patients are kept in good health. After we finished assessing the amount of care provided by nurses, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 99.631 percent of its residents for pneumonia, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia can be a life threatening condition for nursing home residents so we prefer when a facility doesn't leave its residents vulnerable. Finally, this place was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections recently. We awarded them an A in this area. Our inspection ratings account for several factors included in a facility's inspection report. One key criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with better grades in this area generally have very few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be severe. This means that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to create an immediate threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakeside Oaks Care Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. The nursing score analyzes a handful of components, many of which are associated with quantities of nurse staffing. This facility provided 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This nursing home performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can generally be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Short-term Care Quality
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home was given an excellent short-term care rating. In fact, we gave it a grade of B+ in that category, topping off one of our more impressive profiles. In calculating our short-term care scores, we scrutinize a nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This score is considered to be a reliable measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final datapoint we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that who were able to eventually return home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakeside Oaks Care Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic measures the percent of long-term patients that have new or worsened pressure ulcers . We consider this statistic when determining both nursing and long-term care grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered by many experts to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Falls are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents who have experienced urinary tract infections. Although a higher rate of these infections could reflect poorly on a facility's cleanliness, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to facilities having inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic medications are given to residents for many conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Sadly, in some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint tells you the percent of long-term stay patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 2.33% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who are showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could be a sign lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay patients that required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as moving around and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between avoiding hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakeside Oaks Care Center, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percentage of short-term care patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
- Mease Dunedin HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.81 miles away601 Main St Dunedin Florida 34698Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 733-1111
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.32 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Morton Plant HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.67 miles away300 Pinellas St Clearwater Florida 33756Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 462-7000
- Largo Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.02 miles away201 14th St Sw Largo Florida 33770Proprietary(727) 588-5200
- Adventhealth North PinellasAcute Care Hospitals 8.37 miles away1395 S Pinellas Ave Tarpon Springs Florida 34689Voluntary non-profit - Other(727) 942-5000
- Northside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.35 miles away6000 49th St N Saint Petersburg Florida 33709Proprietary(813) 521-5000
- St Petersburg General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.28 miles away6500 38th Ave N Saint Petersburg Florida 33710Proprietary(727) 384-1414
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 15.13 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Gulf Breeze Dialysis Center0.75 miles away1519 Main Street Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 25 (727) 738-4425
- Fresenius Kidney Care-Dunedin1.1 miles away1121 Overcash Drive Suite A Dunedin Florida 34698Dialysis Stations: 24 (727) 733-1112
- Bma - Clearwater2.12 miles away26338 Us Hwy 19 N Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 723-8123
- Rai-Us 19 North-Clearwater3.27 miles away29296 Us Hwy 19 N #1 Clearwater Florida 33761CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (727) 785-9036
- Renviva Dialysis Center of Clearwater, LLC4.75 miles away401 Corbett Suite 250 Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 281-4490
- Fmc - Belleair Home Therapies4.78 miles away617 Lakeview Rd Suite C Clearwater Florida 33756Dialysis Stations: 2 (727) 441-2913
- Fkc - Belleair Dialysis Center4.78 miles away617 Lakeview Road Suite B Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (727) 441-8590
- Rai Care Centers - Clearwater5.11 miles away1057 S Fort Harrison Avenue Clearwater Florida 33756CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (727) 441-1608