Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Jackson, Mississippi. Featuring an overall score of C, this is likely a middle of the road nursing home. This grade isn't too far off the city grade for Jackson, which is a B-. The best part of this facility's report card is its stellar inspection grade. Inspection reports are discussed in the next paragraph.
Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Mississippi Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable facility overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this category. Perhaps the most critical factor we consider in computing our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's inspection reports. Nursing homes with better grades in this category most likely avoided the more severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we still had a generally positive view of this nursing home's inspections.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility's next most favorable category turned out to be short-term care. In that category, we awarded this facility a grade of C. In calculating our short-term care grades, we look at the facility's levels of skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists occupational therapists and other licensed professionals. This category is frequently a reliable assessment of a nursing home's ability to rehabilitate patients. In this facility's case, we were surprised to learn that it actually provides less registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than the typical facility. The hope is always that this does not adversely affect the quality of care. The last statistic we looked at in this area is the percentage of patients who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Does this page answer your questions about Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's next highest area turned out to be its long-term care score, where it was awarded a grade of C. In the category of long-term care, we analyze the quantity of services provided by a facility, rather than more medically-intensive services. One of the criteria we considered in addition to nurse's aid hours is vaccines. Fortunately, this facility administered the pneumonia vaccination to 99.242424 percent of its patients. This place was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Turning to our final area, we gave this nursing home a D for nursing. This was the nursing home's worst category grade. In calculating a nursing home's nursing score, we look at the quantity of hours nurses commit to residents as well as the level of licensure of the nurses. This nursing home offered just 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing scores. This facility performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. Many consider these areas to be reliable indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10.72% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are often caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.26% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who have had a fall which caused severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.03% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are often associated with facilities with worst hygiene practices. Closer supervision minimizes the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this datapoint is sometimes skewed by the fact that nursing homes have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.18% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic drugs may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.76% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. These medications are typically used to treat patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.3% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients exhibiting symptoms of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 93.75% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.95% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with ADL's could be a sign of the erosion of a patient's health.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.82% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is often a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.95 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 20.82 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing homes short-term rehabilitation performance.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.63 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the quality of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lakeland Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 69.18% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's typically correlates with successful rehabilitation.
Scores for Jackson, MS
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Jackson, Mississippi has 9 other nursing homes
- St Dominic-Jackson Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.85 miles away969 Lakeland Dr Jackson Mississippi 39216Voluntary non-profit - Church(601) 200-2000
- University of Mississippi Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.55 miles away2500 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39216Government - State(601) 984-4100
- Mississippi Baptist Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 2.23 miles away1225 N State St Jackson Mississippi 39202Voluntary non-profit - Private(601) 968-1000
- Merit Health River OaksAcute Care Hospitals 2.7 miles away1030 River Oaks Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 932-1030
- Brentwood Behavioral Healthcare of MsPsychiatric 2.94 miles away3531 East Lakeland Drive Flowood Mississippi 39232Proprietary(601) 936-2024
- Merit Health CentralAcute Care Hospitals 7.07 miles away1850 Chadwick Dr Jackson Mississippi 39204Proprietary(601) 376-1000
- Merit Health RankinAcute Care Hospitals 7.54 miles away350 Crossgates Blvd Brandon Mississippi 39042Proprietary(601) 825-2811
- Merit Health MadisonAcute Care Hospitals 17.43 miles away161 River Oaks Drive Canton Mississippi 39046Proprietary(601) 855-4000
- Fmc Jackson0.88 miles away381 Medical Drive Jackson Mississippi 39216CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (601) 981-9652
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Jackson Home2.06 miles away1421 N State Street Suite 501 Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 2 (601) 292-1545
- Medical Mall Dialysis2.62 miles away350 W. Woodrow Wilson Md-224 Jackson Mississippi 39213Dialysis Stations: 48 (601) 815-6345
- Bio-Medical Applications of Mississippi, Inc.2.65 miles away656 North State Street Jackson Mississippi 39202Dialysis Stations: 10 (601) 944-0151
- Isd Renal Inc3.34 miles away571 Beasley Rd Suite a (in-Center Care) Jackson Mississippi 39206CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 46 (601) 957-1999
- Isd Renal Inc5.58 miles away1015 I-20 Frontage Rd Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 35 (601) 373-9154
- Fmc Southwest Jackson7.08 miles away1856 Hospital Drive Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (601) 371-2896
- Isd Renal Inc7.77 miles away1828 Raymond Road Jackson Mississippi 39204CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (601) 373-7897