With an address in Lewisville, Texas, Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is one of only three nursing homes there. This is a quality nursing home with a B overall. This was right in line with the city grade in Lewisville. Based on our ratings, this place has quite a bit going for it. The best aspect of this facility's strong profile was its inspection rating. We discuss inspections in the next section
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Nov 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
Get pricing and details on Lewisville senior living options.Get Pricing
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Registered Staff Hours
One of the reasons this ended up being a strong facility is that it earned an impressive inspection grade. Inspections is its best category. In this category, we gave this facility an A+. Inspection grades take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This facility was hit with 5 deficiencies on its inspection report, but fortunately none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that CMS didn't deem any of these deficiencies an imminent risk to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a score of A-. Not many facilities performed better in this area. When facilities receive this type of score in this category it is a good sign for resident care and indicates that the place is well-staffed with nurses aids. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is an impressive figure. Pneumonia is often a deadly illness for nursing home patients so we like it when a facility does not leave its residents vulnerable. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of C in this category is by no means a bad score. Our nursing score includes many components, but the paramount consideration is the level of nurse hours per patient per week. This place provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, despite not having the most impressive total nursing hours, this facility actually performed admirably in the metric of preventing major falls. This is often a good indicator that a nursing home has sufficient quality controls in place.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we looked at was short-term care, which proved to be this facility's worst area. We gave it an abysmal F in this category, which is clearly somewhat disappointing. In the area of short-term care, we strive to assess indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. It appears that this nursing home was subpar in the two key staffing metrics we assessed. The facility provided fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per patient than most nursing homes. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 4.3 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.14% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percent of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are routinely caused by residents not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols can reduce the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 2.07% of Patients had Serious Falls
This indicates the percentage of residents who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to severe injuries are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls leading to injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0% of Patients had UTIs
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who sustained UTI's. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 5.49% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of patients prescribed antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many patients, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 32.4% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.82% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue this is a reliable measure of resident quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 100% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.09% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.1% of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that mobility is vital to patients mental and physical health.
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 0.01 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
Measures the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care. Avoiding hospitalizations is critical to the physical health of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 13.1% of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Keeping residents out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.91% of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 83.66% of Resident
This is a measure of the percent of short-term care patients that saw functional improvements.
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- First Texas Hospital Carrollton LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away1401 E Trinity Mills Road Carrollton Texas 75006Proprietary(972) 810-0700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Highland Village Dialysis2.64 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound2.75 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville3.78 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC3.92 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Renal Center of Lewisville3.95 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville6.15 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC8.52 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Carrolton Regional Dialysis Center10.11 miles away1128 North I-35 East Carrollton Texas 75006Dialysis Stations: 27 (972) 242-7648