With an address in Lewisville, Texas, Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is one of only three nursing homes there. This is a good nursing home with a B- overall grade. This grade is right in line with the city grade in Lewisville. Based on our ratings, this place has some redeeming qualities. One of the best aspects of this facility's report card is its exemplary inspection score, which you can find in the next paragraph.
Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a respectable nursing home overall, this place also excelled in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in determining our inspection ratings is deficiencies. These deficiencies are found on a facility's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes with higher grades in this area typically avoided the more severe deficiencies involving things like patient abuse. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are those labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This means the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Additionally, we also would like to draw your attention to the fact that this facility was given favorable long-term care marks in this assessment. We gave them one of our better scores in that area, with a B+. This turned out to be the facility's second best grade. Nursing homes that excel in long-term care tend to be well-staffed and provide extensive hands on care to residents. In addition to looking at the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients, which is significantly higher than the average nursing home. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third area we looked at is short-term care. In that area, we awarded this facility a C. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we analyze the nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other types of therapists. This area is often a solid measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The last statistic we looked at in this category is the percentage of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 5.1 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
The last area we looked at is nursing, proved to be this nursing home's weakest area. We gave this facility a grade of D in this area. This is one of just a few dings in an otherwise impressive report card. When computing our nursing ratings, we factor in both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the training levels of those nurses. This particular facility provided a meager 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This number is quite a bit below the national average. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in calculating our nursing ratings. This facility fared well in terms of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely caused by residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Major falls leading to injury are routinely the result of lower quality nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a urinary tract infection. UTI's are routinely linked to facilities with lower levels of hygiene. Better hygiene protocols reduces the number likelihood of residents sustaining infections. Keep in mind that this statistic is sometimes skewed by the fact that facilities have different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be vital to many residents, it is important to confirm these drugs are being used appropriately. In some cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a nursing home is using these drugs to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients that are prescribed antianxiety medication. These drugs are prescribed to patients suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.66% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients showing depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could reveal worse patient care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.73% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who have received the pneumonia and flu vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may be a sign of the erosion of a patient's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percent of long-term patients that retained mobility levels. Many would argue that mobility is critical to residents' well-being.
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between fewer emergency room visits and the quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Village Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 66.73% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term stay patients that experienced functional improvements.
- Medical Center of LewisvilleAcute Care Hospitals 1.8 miles away500 West Main Street Lewisville Texas 75057Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 420-1000
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Flower MoundAcute Care Hospitals 3.8 miles away4400 Long Prairie Road Flower Mound Texas 75028Proprietary(972) 419-1530
- The Heart Hospital Baylor DentonAcute Care Hospitals 8.47 miles away2801 South Mayhill Road Denton Texas 76208Physician(940) 220-0600
- Medical City DentonAcute Care Hospitals 8.64 miles away3535 South i35 East Denton Texas 76210Proprietary(940) 384-3535
- First Texas Hospital Carrollton LLCAcute Care Hospitals 8.9 miles away1401 E Trinity Mills Road Carrollton Texas 75006Proprietary(972) 810-0700
- Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital PlanoAcute Care Hospitals 10.34 miles away6200 W Parker Rd Plano Texas 75093Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 981-8000
- Baylor Medical Center at FriscoAcute Care Hospitals 10.43 miles away5601 Warren Parkway Frisco Texas 75034Proprietary(214) 618-2000
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 10.51 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Highland Village Dialysis2.64 miles away2700 Village Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75077Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 317-5609
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis Flower Mound2.75 miles away785 Cross Timbers Suite 145 Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 471-9499
- Liberty Dialysis of South Lewisville3.78 miles away101 E Southwest Pkwy Lewisville Texas 75067Dialysis Stations: 17 (469) 549-7424
- Renal Center of Flower Mound, LLC3.92 miles away4941 Long Prairie Rd Flower Mound Texas 75028Dialysis Stations: 13 (972) 537-5572
- Renal Center of Lewisville3.95 miles away1600 Waters Ridge Drive Suite B Lewisville Texas 75057CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (972) 436-7211
- Liberty Dialysis Lake Lewisville6.15 miles away3400 Corinth Parkway Suite 130 Denton Texas 76208Dialysis Stations: 16 (940) 497-1414
- Mission Dialysis Services, LLC8.52 miles away3305 Unicorn Lake Blvd Denton Texas 76210Dialysis Stations: 13 (940) 387-4592
- Carrolton Regional Dialysis Center10.11 miles away1128 North I-35 East Carrollton Texas 75006Dialysis Stations: 27 (972) 242-7648