Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Peoria, Arizona. With an overall score of B-, this is likely a decent facility. This facility seems to have some things going for it. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall score, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its inspection grade. This grade is far better than its overall rating. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a favorable long-term care grade. In fact, we awarded them a grade of B in this area, which happens to be one of our more favorable scores. Facilities that receive this kind of grade in this category tend to provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. After looking at the volume of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 100 percent of its patients against pneumonia, which is much higher than the average nursing home. Lastly, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was awarded a strong grade in our short-term care category. We awarded this nursing home an above average grade of B in this area. In computing our short-term care ratings, we size up a nursing home's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists speech therapists and other highly trained professionals. This rating is considered to be a useful measure of the facility's rehabilitation services. Unfortunately, we were not able to find information about this nursing home's registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. Lastly, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home. We found that 6.2 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
Moving on to the final area, we gave this facility a D in our nursing category. This is the facility's least impressive category grade. Naturally, this grade hurt the facility's overall profile to some degree. In determining our nursing scores, we look at both the number of hours nurses spend with residents and the skill levels of those nurses. This particular facility averaged a meager 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This number is well below the national average. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 9.03% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of residents that sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 2.25% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a fall resulting in severe injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 1.58% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are often linked to a facility with lower levels of hygiene. Nevertheless, this statistic could also be misleading for certain facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 11.13% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic drugs are given to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including cognitive disorders. Tragically, in limited cases, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest that a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 16.92% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients which are given antianxiety drugs. These medications are commonly prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 2.87% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term care residents demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 81.19% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home residents, making these vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 12.86% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with activities of daily living may indicate the deterioration of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 23.01% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients who were able to retain mobility.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 23.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care. Staying out of the hospital during rehabilitation is critical to restoring the physical abilities of residents.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 10.95 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 73.63% Percentage of Resident
This is a measure of the percentage of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Peoria, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Peoria, Arizona has 5 other nursing homes
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.28 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.11 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 14.24 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Sun City West Dialysis (Fmc)3.37 miles away12213 W Bell Road Ste 110 Surprise Arizona 85374Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 583-8865
- Granite Valley Dialysis (Fmc)3.59 miles away14510 W Shumway Dr Ste 100 Sun City West Arizona 85375Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 546-2718
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)3.71 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)4.02 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)4.54 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)4.65 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- West Brook Dialysis (Dva)4.82 miles away13907 W Camino Del Sol Sun City West Arizona 85375CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (623) 214-7088
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)5.09 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131