Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center is a large nursing home located in Peoria, Arizona. With an overall score of C, this is likely a decent facility. This facility seems to have some things going for it. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's report card is its exemplary inspection grade, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
20625 North Lake Pleasant Road,
Peoria AZ 85382
74.6% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Lymphedema Care
Registered Staff Hours
To pair with its decent overall score, we awarded this facility a grade of A for its inspection grade. This grade is far better than its overall rating. Perhaps the most important factor we look at in calculating our inspection ratings is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Facilities with better grades in this area most likely avoided the most severe deficiencies involving patient abuse or death. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Based on this, we had a generally positive view of this facility's recent inspections.
Long-term Care Quality
Another one of this nursing home's more favorable category scores was in the area of long-term care. In that area, we gave this facility a grade of B+. It actually outpaced most nursing homes in this category. Long-term care grades of this caliber generally require both around the clock care from nurses and aids, as well as quality routine medical care. In addition to assessing the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. This facility provided the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping residents healthy. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. Indeed, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to another strength for this facility, it also received an elite nursing grade. In fact, we gave this facility an impressive grade of D. Our nursing rating is primarily tied to a nursing home's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. This is a much lower figure than we are used to seeing. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in computing our nursing grades. This place performed well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these statistics to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Short-term Care Quality
This nursing home's weakest area was short-term care, which is the final category we analyzed. Sadly, it received an abysmal F in this area. Even with multiple respectable grades in other areas, this grade is nevertheless disappointing so we wanted to make sure you are aware. Our short-term care ratings are important for patients seeking rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically requires more highly-skilled nursing services. Skilled nursing includes a broad scope of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other types of therapy. Considering its poor grade in this category, we weren't stunned to find that this place offered significantly fewer registered nurse and physical therapist hours per resident than most facilities. Finally, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that just 4.6 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 8.97% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin due to remaining in the same position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 2.2% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are often linked to lower quality nursing care. Additional nurse staffing limits the number of major falls sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 1.68% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of patients who have had a urinary tract infection. Urinary tract infections are considered to be an indicator of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint can also be misleading for some facilities due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 11.03% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of conditions, including cognitive disorders. Unfortunately, in limited situations, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these drugs to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety medications are prescribed to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 3.1% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term stay patients showing symptoms of depression. Many in the industry argue that this is a measure of resident quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 80.03% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be deadly for seniors, making these types of vaccines indispensable.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 12.44% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care patients who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and continence.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 20.97% Percentage of Residents
Measures the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Some experts would argue that mobility is important for residents' physical and mental well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 20.97 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 11.03 Percentage of Patients
This metric tracks the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Pleasant Post Acute Rehabilitation Center, 73.85% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care residents that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Higher levels of independence with ADL's usually correlates with better rehabilitation services.
Scores for Peoria, AZ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Peoria, Arizona has 5 other nursing homes
- Banner Boswell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.57 miles away10401 West Thunderbird Boulevard Sun City Arizona 85351Voluntary non-profit - Other(623) 832-4000
- Abrazo Arrowhead CampusAcute Care Hospitals 4.59 miles away18701 North 67th Avenue Glendale Arizona 85308Proprietary(623) 561-1000
- Banner Del E. Webb Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away14502 West Meeker Boulevard Sun City West Arizona 85375Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 524-4000
- Banner Thunderbird Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.22 miles away5555 West Thunderbird Road Glendale Arizona 85306Government - Hospital District or Authority(602) 865-4470
- Honorhealth Deer Valley Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away19829 North 27th Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85027Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 879-6100
- Banner Estrella Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.28 miles away9201 West Thomas Road Phoenix Arizona 85037Voluntary non-profit - Private(623) 327-4000
- John C. Lincoln North Mountain HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.11 miles away250 East Dunlap Avenue Phoenix Arizona 85020Voluntary non-profit - Private(602) 331-5862
- Copper Springs Hospital, LLCPsychiatric 14.24 miles away10550 West Mcdowell Road Avondale Arizona 85392Proprietary(480) 565-3035
- Sun City West Dialysis (Fmc)3.37 miles away12213 W Bell Road Ste 110 Surprise Arizona 85374Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 583-8865
- Granite Valley Dialysis (Fmc)3.59 miles away14510 W Shumway Dr Ste 100 Sun City West Arizona 85375Dialysis Stations: 18 (623) 546-2718
- Palm Brook Dialysis Center (Dva)3.71 miles away14664 N Del Webb Blvd Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-6550
- Sun City Dialysis (Fmc)4.02 miles away10050 W Bell Rd Ste 29-31 Sun City Arizona 85351Dialysis Stations: 12 (623) 815-1770
- Sweetwater Ridge Dialysis (Dva)4.54 miles away7362 W Thunderbird Rd Suite 104 Peoria Arizona 85381Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 486-0327
- Phoenix Artificial Kidney Center (Fmc)4.65 miles away13090 N 94th Dr Ste 100 Peoria Arizona 85381CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (623) 974-5851
- West Brook Dialysis (Dva)4.82 miles away13907 W Camino Del Sol Sun City West Arizona 85375CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (623) 214-7088
- Desert Dialysis Srvs Inc-Sun City (Dva)5.09 miles away13000 N 103rd Ave Ste 66 Sun City Arizona 85351CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (623) 583-3131