Lake Park is a small non-profit facility located in Oakland, California. This nursing home received an extremely impressive overall rating of A-, making it ranked among the highest rated facilities in the city. This truly is an impressive accomplishment since the city features some very good facilities. Oakland offers a double digit count of other nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to check out too many others. This one is a first-rate option. As you can see below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category ratings. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
1850 Alice Street,
Oakland CA 94612
9.42% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its strong assessments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care rating. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Clearly we were happy with what we found for this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Park ?
Short-term Care Quality
Compounding its fine assessment, this nursing home also received a strong short-term care grade, with a grade of A-. In computing our short-term care grades, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other licensed professionals. This rating is typically a reliable assessment of the facility's ability to rehabilitate patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to track down registered nurse or physical therapy staffing data for this facility. The last item we considered in this area is the percentage of residents that who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Switching gears to the next category, this nursing home received a highly favorable nursing score. In fact, we awarded it a grade of B+ in that area, finishing off one of our more favorable profiles. The nursing rating weighs quite a few factors, many of which are tied to nursing hours. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This place performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a place has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can often be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Oakland, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Oakland, California has 16 other nursing homes
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.07 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 2.23 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- Rai Peralta0.83 miles away2757 Telegraph Avenue Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 835-0154
- Satellite Dialysis Oakland1.16 miles away3330 Telegraph Ave Oakland California 94609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 433-8340
- Rai Piedmont2.22 miles away2710 Telegraph Avenue Suite #100 Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (510) 286-9948
- Oakland Dialysis Center2.44 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104
- Rai - East Bay - Oakland2.76 miles away2628 International Blvd, Ste 100 Oakland California 94601CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 261-8219
- Wellbound of Emeryville3.09 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Us Renal Care Berkeley3.63 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Berkeley Dialysis Center3.84 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706