Lake Park is a small non-profit facility located in Oakland, California. This nursing home received an extremely impressive overall rating of A-, making it ranked among the highest rated facilities in the city. This truly is an impressive accomplishment since the city features some very good facilities. Oakland offers a double digit count of other nursing homes, but it is doubtful you will need to check out too many others. This one is a first-rate option. As you can see below, this nursing home also performed just fine in our category ratings. It's hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Church related
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
To go along with its strong overall grade, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our inspections rating. Our inspection ratings are based on several items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on their reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. While this nursing home had some minor dings on its government inspection report, it had zero severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones found in categories G through L. This tells you that CMS did not consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its strong assessments in other areas, we gave this nursing home a score of A- for our long-term care rating. Nursing homes that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. Clearly we were happy with what we found for this area.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Park ?
Short-term Care Quality
Turning to an additional strength for this facility, we gave them one of our better grades in our short-term care category as well, with a B+. In calculating our short-term care grades, we size up the facility's levels of highly skilled nursing, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other highly trained professionals. This category is generally a useful assessment of the facility's rehabilitation. We were not able to find information on registered nurse or physical therapy staffing for this nursing home. The final statistic we assessed in this category is the number of patients who who were able to eventually return home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In our last area, this facility also was awarded a first-rate nursing grade, with a B+. This rounded out an elite profile. We scrutinized the licensure of nurses at the facility, in addition to the quantity of hours those nurses spent with patients, in calculating our rating in this category. This facility provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of minimizing its residents' pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Oakland, CA
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Oakland, California has 16 other nursing homes
- Alta Bates Summit Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 1.07 miles away350 Hawthorne Avenue Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 655-4000
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - Oakland/RichmondAcute Care Hospitals 1.33 miles away275 West Macarthur Boulevard Oakland California 94611Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 752-1000
- Highland HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 1.87 miles away1411 East 31st Street Oakland California 94602Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 437-4800
- Children's Hospital & Research Center OaklandChildrens 2.23 miles away747 52nd Street Oakland California 94609Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 428-3000
- Alameda HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.01 miles away2070 Clinton Avenue Alameda California 94501Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 522-3700
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Alta Bates CampAcute Care Hospitals 3.56 miles away2450 Ashby Avenue Berkeley California 94705Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 204-4444
- Chinese HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.87 miles away845 Jackson St San Francisco California 94133Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 982-2400
- Saint Francis Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 8.33 miles away900 Hyde St San Francisco California 94109Voluntary non-profit - Private(415) 353-6000
- Rai Peralta0.83 miles away2757 Telegraph Avenue Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 835-0154
- Satellite Dialysis Oakland1.16 miles away3330 Telegraph Ave Oakland California 94609CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 433-8340
- Rai Piedmont2.22 miles away2710 Telegraph Avenue Suite #100 Oakland California 94612CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (510) 286-9948
- Oakland Dialysis Center2.44 miles away5354 Claremont Avenue Oakland California 94618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 40 (510) 597-0104
- Rai - East Bay - Oakland2.76 miles away2628 International Blvd, Ste 100 Oakland California 94601CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (510) 261-8219
- Wellbound of Emeryville3.09 miles away2000 Powell Street Suite 140 Emeryville California 94608Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 985-9660
- Us Renal Care Berkeley3.63 miles away2895 7th Street Berkeley California 94710Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 843-0627
- Berkeley Dialysis Center3.84 miles away2655 Shattuck Ave Berkeley California 94704CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 23 (510) 486-8706