Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is an average-sized nursing home located in Indian Trail, North Carolina. Featuring an overall score of B-, this appears to be a decent facility. Based on our analysis, there are certainly much worse facilities out there. One of the major highlights of this nursing home's profile is its exemplary inspection score, which we will address in the next paragraph.
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Lata
3315 Faith Church Road,
Indian Trail NC 28079
77.75% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Partnership
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Registered Staff Hours
The main reason this ended up being a decent nursing home is that it earned an elite inspection grade. In fact, its inspection grade was far better than its overall grade. In our inspections category, we gave it an A+. Inspection grades weigh a host of factors included in a facility's inspection reports. One key criteria we consider is the number and severity of deficiencies. Nursing homes with higher grades in this category tend to have few severe deficiencies. This nursing home was hit with 7 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none were considered to be major deficiencies. This indicates that the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe made us feel better about this inspection report.
We also awarded this facility a favorable grade in nursing. This facility earned a grade of B in this category, which is one of our better grades. Nursing grades are largely based on a facility's nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, our nursing grades also factor in quality-based assessments, such as avoiding major falls. This facility performed well in this area. Avoiding major falls is typically a good indicator that a facility has reliable quality controls in place. Major falls can typically be prevented if more nurses aids and better safety protocols are in place.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Short-term Care Quality
The third highest area we awarded this nursing home in any category came in the category of short-term care, where we awarded it a C. In our short-term care rating, we try to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation services. In this process, we analyze a nursing home's scope of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the information this nursing home provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the nursing home and return to the community. We discovered that just 4.5 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is actually below average.
Long-term Care Quality
This facility's weakest area was long-term care, which is the final category we analyzed. For this category, we gave this nursing home a D. Facilities that don't fare well in this category typically are not as well-staffed and are lagging in a few of the areas of routine medical care we assessed. Once we finished looking at the amount of care provided by nurses, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. Candidly, we were a bit worried that this facility vaccinated a relatively low 80.73395 percent of its residents for pneumonia. To our surprise, this nursing home actually fared well at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. This was its best score in this category.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 10% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percent of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are often the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.84% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percent of patients that sustained a major fall. Falls resulting in severe injury are considered by many experts to be a measure of nursing care at a nursing home. Falls are routinely the result of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.14% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percentage of residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections could be linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.15% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic gauges the percent of long-term residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medication. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a nursing home is using these drugs to subdue residents in scenarios where such drugs aren't medically required. However, some facilities need to rely more on these drugs due to an increased number of residents suffering from dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.12% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.84% of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term stay residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. Some believe this is a measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 88.29% of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term patients that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 19.92% Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and eating.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.81% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents who remained mobile levels over time. Retaining mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.47 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This indicates the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 21.81 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. There is typically a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 12.78 Percentage of Patients
Measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to assess the well-being of patients during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 73.13% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of independence with ADL's often correlates with successful rehabilitation services.
- Atrium Health UnionAcute Care Hospitals 9.39 miles away600 Hospital Dr Monroe North Carolina 28112Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 283-3100
- Atrium Health PinevilleAcute Care Hospitals 13.18 miles away10628 Park Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28210Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 379-5000
- Novant Health Presbyterian Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.09 miles away200 Hawthorne Lane Box 33549 Charlotte North Carolina 28233Voluntary non-profit - Private(704) 384-4000
- Carolinas Medical Center/Behav HealthAcute Care Hospitals 14.36 miles away1000 Blythe Blvd Charlotte North Carolina 28203Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 355-2000
- Atrium Health University CityAcute Care Hospitals 17.08 miles away8800 North Tyron Street Charlotte North Carolina 28262Government - Hospital District or Authority(704) 548-6000
- Rebound Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 17.57 miles away134 East Rebound Road Lancaster South Carolina 29720Proprietary(803) 313-3700
- Fresenius Kidney Care Indian Trail2.12 miles away7862 Idlewild Road Indian Trail North Carolina 28079Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 628-0350
- Fresenius Medical Care Matthews5.62 miles away910 Park Center Drive Matthews North Carolina 28105CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (704) 443-2973
- Dva Healthcare Renal Care, Inc.6.55 miles away11308 Hawthorne Dr Charlotte North Carolina 28227Dialysis Stations: 16 (704) 573-2549
- Metrolina Kidney Center Monroe9.57 miles away1338 East Sunset Drive Monroe North Carolina 28112CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (704) 289-8407
- Union County Dialysis9.74 miles away615 Comfort Lane Monroe North Carolina 28112CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 33 (704) 225-0944
- Independent Nephrology Services Charlotte10.17 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 10 (704) 717-2825
- Bio-Medical Applications of North Carolina, Inc.10.17 miles away6646 Regal Oaks Drive Charlotte North Carolina 28212Dialysis Stations: 12 (704) 535-7231
- Charlotte East Dialysis10.88 miles away5627 Albemarle Rd Charlotte North Carolina 28212CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 26 (704) 535-3962