Lake Minnetonka Shores is a small non-profit nursing home located in Spring Park, Minnesota. Featuring an overall score of A+, this nursing home is undoubtedly a top-shelf facility. In fact, we ranked this nursing home in the top ten percent of all facilities in the nation. Scroll down to see this nursing home's category ratings, which are also strong. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Lake Minnetonka Shores
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- Has Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Meal Delivery
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2019
Top Nursing Home in Minnesota Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in the category of short-term care, where it received an A+. Our short-term care ratings are presumably more meaningful for residents in need of a nursing home for rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically mandates higher levels of skilled nursing. This means not just nursing, but also physical and speech therapy, as well as other forms of therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these skilled professionals. However, according to the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. Lastly, we assessed the percentage of patients who eventually returned home from this facility. We found that 6.9 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home.
This facility has also received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in determining these inspection ratings. One of those factors is health deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is arguably more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some of these can be quite insignificant. This place was hit with 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of the deficiencies to cause an immediate risk to resident health or safety. The fact that none of the deficiencies were severe leaves us less concerned with this inspection report.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Minnetonka Shores?
We also wanted to emphasize the fact that this facility excelled in our nursing rating. We awarded them an impressive grade of A+ in this category. The nursing score features a variety of factors. The most important factor is the number of hours nurses spend with patients. This nursing home provides 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this nursing home excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as employing a protocol of moving a resident more frequently.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also was awarded a first-rate long-term care grade, with a grade of B+. This rounded out an elite profile. If you are looking for anything other than short-term rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. After assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we next considered the facility's vaccination data. This facility vaccinated 91.30435 percent of its residents against pneumonia, which is a bit less than we anticipated but still a decent percentage. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. It had only 0.02 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Minnetonka Shores Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 6.69% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients that have had a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also referred to as bed sores, are routinely caused by patients not being moved frequently enough. Better nursing protocols reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 4.21% of Patients had Serious Falls
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who suffered falls leading to severe injury. We use this statistic in calculating nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 2.83% of Patients had UTIs
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents that suffered from a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a facility's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 16.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are given to patients for a variety of medical conditions, such as cognitive disorders. Sadly, in limited situations, high levels of antipsychotic drug use may mean a facility is using these medications to subdue residents.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 12.33% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents who were prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 4.58% of Patients
This tells you the percent of residents who are exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression may imply lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 93.31% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients that were vaccinated against pneumonia and flu.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 13.09% Percentage of Patients
This is the percentage of residents that needed additional assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 18.07% Percentage of Residents
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents who were able to retain mobility.
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care. Keeping residents out of the hospital is critical to maintaining the physical well-being of nursing home patients.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 18.07 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 12.51 Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Minnetonka Shores, 76.76% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term care residents that saw functional improvements.
- Ridgeview Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 9.81 miles away500 South Maple Street Waconia Minnesota 55387Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 442-2191
- St Francis Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.27 miles away1455 St Francis Avenue Shakopee Minnesota 55379Voluntary non-profit - Church(952) 403-3000
- Park Nicollet Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.55 miles away6500 Excelsior Blvd Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 993-5000
- Fairview Southdale HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.56 miles away6401 France Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55435Voluntary non-profit - Private(952) 924-5100
- Maple Grove HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.71 miles away9875 Hospital Drive Osseo Minnesota 55369Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 581-1000
- North Memorial HealthAcute Care Hospitals 16.45 miles away3300 Oakdale North Minneapolis Minnesota 55422Voluntary non-profit - Private(763) 520-5200
- Abbott Northwestern HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 18.46 miles away800 East 28th Street Minneapolis Minnesota 55407Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 863-4457
- Children's Hospitals & Clinics of MnChildrens 18.46 miles away2525 Chicago Avenue South Minneapolis Minnesota 55404Voluntary non-profit - Private(612) 813-6112
- Minnetonka Dialysis of Davita6.74 miles away17809 Hutchins Dr Minnetonka Minnesota 55345Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 470-9944
- Bio-Medical Applications of Minnesota, Inc.7.53 miles away3000 Hundertmark Rd Suite 6 Chaska Minnesota 55318Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 443-3191
- Fresenius Medical Care - Waconia Dialysis9.92 miles away560 S Maple St, Ste 6 Waconia Minnesota 55387Dialysis Stations: 10 (952) 442-4605
- Fmc - Plymouth Creek10.11 miles away3007 Harbor Ln N Ste 100 Minneapolis Minnesota 55447Dialysis Stations: 17 (763) 559-0980
- Eden Prairie Dialysis of Davita10.14 miles away14852 Scenic Heights Road Suite 255 Eden Prairie Minnesota 55344Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 934-2411
- Fmc - Maple Grove Dialysis13 miles away7365 Kirkwood Ct N, Ste 135 Osseo Minnesota 55369Dialysis Stations: 12 (763) 494-0316
- St Louis Park Dialysis of Davita13.2 miles away3505 Louisiana Ave S Minneapolis Minnesota 55426Dialysis Stations: 28 (952) 285-1400
- Fms Dialysis - Shakopee13.23 miles away1515 Saint Francis Ave Ste 150 Shakopee Minnesota 55379CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (952) 403-1038