Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation is located in the large metropolitan area of Fort Worth, Texas. With an overall grade of D, this is a subpar facility. Unfortunately, this grade isn't too far off the city grade for Fort Worth, which is a C. Nevertheless, you still ought to be able to find a better option This nursing home's only redeeming quality was its inspection score, which we provide additional information on below.
Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation
- Nursing Home
- Memory Care
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Hospice
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
While this nursing home's overall score was not a highlight, it actually excelled in the category of inspections. In fact, we awarded it an A- for that category, which is one of our highest scores. Inspection scores account for a host of factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we rely on is the number and severity of deficiencies. You should avoid facilities with too many severe deficiencies flagged. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. In spite of this deficiency, this was still a relatively favorable report.
Turning to the area of nursing care, this facility received a grade of just D in this category. Unfortunately, this ended up being one of its better grades. Our nursing score is primarily tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility offered just 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis. This is well below average. Finally, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in calculating our nursing ratings. This place performed well when it comes to avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation?
Short-term Care Quality
Sadly, this nursing home only earned a grade of D for its short-term care rating, which is not one of our better scores. In our short-term care rating, we strive to create a fair measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we analyze a facility's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Considering its score in this category, we weren't surprised to learn that this place was well below average in terms of the quantity of registered nurse and physical therapy hours offered to its residents based on the measures we assessed. Frankly, this was what we expected here. Lastly, we looked at the number of residents that were able to return home from this nursing home. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 5.6 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was quite a bit off the national average.
Long-term Care Quality
The final category we assessed is long-term care, in which this nursing home was given a bottom of the barrel grade in this category as well. Sadly, it received a lowly F for this category, which is definitely a major concern. In a long-term care setting, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. On top of considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated against pneumonia. Thankfully, this nursing home gave the vaccine to 99.242424 percent of its patients, which is a very respectable percentage. Surprisingly, this place also keeps its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had just 0 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days. Sadly, some of its other scores in the category were not as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 7.94% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients that suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are damage to the skin resulting from staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 3.28% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure measures the percentage of long-term patients which have experienced a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 1.64% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of long-term care residents which sustained UTI's. Although more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to nursing homes having reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents given antipsychotic medications. These medications are used to treat several conditions, including cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 22.77% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 4.66% of Patients
This is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 94.73% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were given the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 17.29% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 18.08% Percentage of Residents
This metric measures the percentage of long-term residents that maintained mobility. Many would argue that the ability to move around is important for patients mental and physical well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 18.08 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This metric measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Lodge Nursing and Rehabilitation, 11.87 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of nursing home care.
Scores for Fort Worth, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A-minus
Looking for more options? Fort Worth, Texas has 33 other nursing homes
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital AzleAcute Care Hospitals 6.82 miles away108 Denver Trail Azle Texas 76020Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 444-8700
- Medical City Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.11 miles away900 Eighth Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Proprietary(817) 336-2100
- Cook Childrens Medical CenterChildrens 8.15 miles away801 Seventh Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(682) 885-4000
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort WorthAcute Care Hospitals 8.18 miles away1301 Pennsylvania Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Church(817) 250-2100
- Baylor Scott and White All Saints Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.35 miles away1400 Eighth Ave Fort Worth Texas 76104Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 926-2544
- Baylor Scott and White Surgical Hospital FortworthAcute Care Hospitals 8.46 miles away1800 Park Place Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76110Physician(682) 703-5600
- Jps Health NetworkAcute Care Hospitals 9.25 miles away1500 S Main St Fort Worth Texas 76104Government - Hospital District or Authority(817) 921-3431
- Medical City AllianceAcute Care Hospitals 9.93 miles away3101 North Tarrant Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76177Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 639-1100
- Fresenius Medical Care of Northside4.08 miles away2530 Jacksboro Hwy Fort Worth Texas 76114CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 378-0043
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis Center North Fort Worth4.43 miles away1978 Ephriham Avenue Fort Worth Texas 76164CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 30 (817) 624-7811
- Usrc Tarrant Dialysis West Fort Worth4.78 miles away1704 South Cherry Lane, Suite 200 Fort Worth Texas 76108Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 367-0822
- Kerricher Dialysis, LLC5.28 miles away2400 Lands End Blvd Suite 131 Fort Worth Texas 76116Dialysis Stations: 17 (817) 570-0916
- Rrc West Fort Worth6.08 miles away5601 Locke Avenue Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107Dialysis Stations: 18 (817) 886-3200
- Texas Renal Ventures6.5 miles away251 University Dr Suite 101 Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (817) 870-5002
- Fresenius Medical Care Southwest Fort Worth7.07 miles away4804 Bryant Irvin Court Fort Worth Texas 76107CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 738-8703
- Fort Worth Saginaw Dialysis7.49 miles away900 North Blue Mound Road Suite 192 Fort Worth Texas 76131Dialysis Stations: 13 (817) 232-1502