Lake Forest Place is a small non-profit facility in Lake Forest, Illinois. We awarded this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percent of all nursing homes in the country. We can not find many bad things to say about this place. Its ratings are impeccable. Headlining this place's exemplary report card is its inspection rating, which is addressed in the next section.
Lake Forest Place
Updated May 1, 2022 by Sara Levinsohn
1100 Pembridge Drive,
Lake Forest IL 60045
89.59% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being an elite nursing home overall, this facility excelled in the area of inspections, where it received an A+. Very few places performed as well in this area. Our inspection grades are based on items located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that score well in this area typically have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
This facility received dominant marks in the category of short-term care. As a result, it received one of our best scores in that category with a grade of A+. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We analyze the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses and physical, occupational and other therapists. This nursing home excelled at the highest level in the two key staffing areas we assessed. The facility supplied about 50% more care from physical therapists and registered nurses than the typical nursing home. This is usually an encouraging sign. Finally, we looked at the percentage of residents who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of nursing homes in this area with 66.3 percent of its residents returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Forest Place?
Long-term Care Quality
We also wanted to point out the fact that this nursing home was awarded a superb grade of A in our long-term care area. Facilities that do well in this category typically provide patients with more supervision and stay on top of routine healthcare services. After assessing the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we turned to the nursing home's vaccination record. This facility vaccinated 96.90722 percent of its patients for pneumonia. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients healthy. This nursing home was also able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had just 1.26 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a much lower hospitalization rate than most nursing homes.
Turning to the fourth category, this facility also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we gave it an A- in that category. This wrapped up a straight A report card. Our nursing grade assesses several factors, however, the main one is the quantity of nurse hours spent with patients. This facility provided 4.5 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This was one of the better totals we found. In addition, a significant portion of this care was provided by registered nurses, which are highly skilled nurses. In addition to providing impressive levels of nursing care, this nursing home also fared well in several of the quality-based metrics we assessed. By way of illustration, in terms of the number of its residents suffering from pressure ulcers, this facility performed better than the national average. This is usually an indicator that a nursing home has reliable quality controls. Pressure ulcers can generallY be avoided with better nursing care and having a policy of regularly moving residents to prevent bed sores.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Forest Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Forest Place, 8.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure tells you the percentage of long-term patients that suffer from new or worsened pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of the quality of nursing care a nursing home provides.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Forest Place, 3.48% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is a measure of the percent of long-term patients which sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating our nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Forest Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This tells you the percentage of residents who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric could also be skewed for some facilities due to different reporting standards for urinary tract infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Forest Place, 18.2% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This figure gauges the percentage of long-term stay patients taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Forest Place, 19.06% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This measures the percent of long-term care residents who were prescribed antianxiety medication. These medications are prescribed to patients experiencing depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Forest Place, 29.52% of Patients
Measures the percentage of long-term care patients demonstrating depressive symptoms. Some experts would argue this is a reliable measure of quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Forest Place, 87.71% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term stay patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be very dangerous for nursing home residents, making these types of vaccines critical to patient care.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Forest Place, 14.14% Percentage of Patients
Measures the percent of long-term care residents who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as getting dressed and continence. Some believe this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Forest Place, 19.35% Percentage of Residents
This is the percent of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility can be a great sign for residents' well-being.
In Lake Forest Place, 1.5 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between reduced hospitalizations and the quality of long-term care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Forest Place, 19.35 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is usually a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and a nursing home's quality of short-term rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Forest Place, 11.42 Percentage of Patients
This is a measure of the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term care. Avoiding emergency medical situations is one way to gauge patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Forest Place, 71.34% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with activities of daily living often correlates with successful rehabilitation.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.07 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Fkc - Lake Bluff1.15 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc4.79 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Highland5.76 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Mundelein5.98 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Gurnee6.94 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor7.21 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center7.65 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis7.8 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640