Lake Forest Place is located in Lake Forest, Illinois, a city with a total of 20,925 people. We gave this facility an A overall grade, ranking it in the top ten percentile of all facilities in the nation. Based on our ratings, you can't go wrong with this place. Finally, this ended up being a very consistent facility with consistently strong scores in all of the major categories. Additional information about these categories can be found below.
Lake Forest Place
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2020
Top Nursing Home in Illinois Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
In addition to being a first-rate facility overall, this nursing home also excelled in our short-term care category, where it received a grade of A+. In our short-term care rating, we endeavor to create a meaningful measure for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at a nursing home's level of highly-skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as respiratory therapy. Fortunately, it looks like this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the information this nursing home provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the percentage of residents who eventually returned home from the facility. We found that 6.3 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
This facility has received near flawless health inspections in recent years. We awarded them an impressive grade of A in this category. Inspection ratings weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can find more information about each of these items by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Lake Forest Place?
Long-term Care Quality
Moving on our next area, we awarded this facility a score of A for our long-term care rating. This is a first-rate grade. For residents looking for a permanent place to live as opposed to skilled nursing, long-term care grades are a key measure. After considering the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then analyzed the nursing home's vaccination records. This nursing home vaccinated 93.25843 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is a few points below what we were hoping for but still a reasonably acceptable figure. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its residents out of the hospital. In fact, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
In the last category we assessed, this facility was given a very strong grade of A- in our nursing category. With this score, the facility wrapped up a straight A report card. The nursing grade is based on quite a few data points, most of which are based on quantities of nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home the nation in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can generally be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a system of moving patients more frequently.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Lake Forest Place Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Lake Forest Place, 8.73% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This tells you the percentage of patients who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a measure of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also referred to as bed sores, are often the result of patients staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Lake Forest Place, 3.45% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of residents that have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injuries are often the result of lower quality nursing care. More supervision limits the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Lake Forest Place, 2.6% of Patients had UTIs
This figure indicates the percent of long-term stay patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. While more infections could reflect poorly on a nursing home's nursing care, it can be difficult to compare different nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Lake Forest Place, 18.11% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term patients that are given antipsychotic medication. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may indicate a facility is using these drugs to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes need to rely more on these medications due to having more residents with dementia.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Lake Forest Place, 19.04% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percent of patients prescribed antianxiety medications. Antianxiety medications are administered to patients suffering from anxiety or depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Lake Forest Place, 30.45% of Patients
This indicates the percent of residents exhibiting depressive symptoms. High levels of depression could be a sign a less hospitable environment.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Lake Forest Place, 87.4% of Patients
This is the percent of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Lake Forest Place, 13.9% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as taking medications and eating. Some would argue this is a reliable measure of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Lake Forest Place, 17.56% Percentage of Residents
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care patients that were able to retain mobility. Many believe that the ability to move around is critical to residents' mental and physical health.
In Lake Forest Place, 1.66 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Lake Forest Place, 17.56 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This datapoint is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Lake Forest Place, 11.82 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Lake Forest Place, 71.65% Percentage of Resident
This metric is a measure of the percentage of short-term patients that saw functional improvements.
- Northwestern Lake Forest HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 0.07 miles away1000 N Westmoreland Road Lake Forest Illinois 60045Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 234-5600
- Advocate Condell Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.43 miles away801 S Milwaukee Ave Libertyville Illinois 60048Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 362-2900
- Lake Behavioral HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away2615 W Washington St Waukegan Illinois 60085Proprietary(847) 249-3900
- Midwestern Region Med CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.26 miles away2520 Elisha Avenue Zion Illinois 60099Proprietary(847) 872-4561
- Northwest Community Hospital 1Acute Care Hospitals 14.88 miles away800 W Central Road Arlington Heights Illinois 60005Voluntary non-profit - Private(847) 618-1000
- Advocate Lutheran General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.28 miles away1775 Dempster St Park Ridge Illinois 60068Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 723-2210
- Northshore University Healthsystem Evanston HospAcute Care Hospitals 16.39 miles away2650 Ridge Ave Evanston Illinois 60201Voluntary non-profit - Other(847) 432-8000
- Advocate Good Shepherd HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.55 miles away450 West Highway 22 Barrington Illinois 60010Voluntary non-profit - Church(847) 381-9600
- Fkc - Lake Bluff1.15 miles away101 Waukegan Road, Suite 700 Lake Bluff Illinois 60044CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 735-0870
- Davita - Lake County Dialysis Services Inc4.79 miles away565 Lakeview Pkwy Ste 176 Vernon Hills Illinois 60061CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (847) 918-0592
- Fmc - Highland5.76 miles away1657 Old Skokie Road Highland Park Illinois 60035Dialysis Stations: 20 (847) 579-0675
- Fmc - Mundelein5.98 miles away1402 Townline Road Mundelein Illinois 60060CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 14 (847) 949-3904
- Fmc - Gurnee6.94 miles away50 Tower Ct , Ste B Gurnee Illinois 60031CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (847) 249-5555
- Fmc - Waukegan Harbor7.21 miles away110 N. West Street Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (847) 599-1346
- Fmc - Deerfield Dialysis Center7.65 miles away405 Lake Cook Rd. Suite a13 Deerfield Illinois 60015Dialysis Stations: 12 (847) 559-0374
- Davita - Waukegan Dialysis7.8 miles away3350 W Grand Ave Ste 100 Waukegan Illinois 60085CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (847) 782-0640