La Vida Llena is a small nursing home located in Albuquerque, New Mexico. This facility has the distinction of being one of the three best nursing homes in New Mexico. You flat out can't do any better than this place. Headlining this place's remarkable profile is its long-term care rating, which is addressed in the next section.
La Vida Llena
- Nursing Home
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Corporation
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Medical Transportation
- Recreational Therapy
- Bariatric Care
- Aquatic Therapy
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Albuquerque, New Mexico Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Albuquerque, New Mexico Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in New Mexico Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Long-term Care Quality
One of the many reasons this turned out to be a great nursing home is that it received an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this category. Nursing homes that receive this kind of grade in this category typically provide consistent 24/7 care to ensure patients are kept in good health. In addition to considering the volume of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home provided the vaccine to 98.27586 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping residents out of the hospital. Clearly, this place is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its residents out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
This first-rate facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received a grade of A+. Few nursing homes performed better in this area. Nursing ratings are largely tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also looked at some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about La Vida Llena?
Short-term Care Quality
We also wanted to alert you to the fact that this facility was awarded a strong grade of A in our short-term care area. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to qualify indicators of a nursing home's rehabilitation services. We look at the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as the ones performed by registered nurses and physical and occupational therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this nursing home has registered nurses on staff. Not every facility employs these skilled professionals. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last datapoint we considered in this area is the number of residents who returned home from the facility. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's patients returned home as opposed to remaining at the nursing home on a permanent basis.
Completing its excellent profile, this facility also performed well in our inspection category, which is based on the nursing home's recent inspections. We awarded it an impressive grade of B+ for that category, which is one of our better grades. Inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies, substantiated complaints and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had a few deficiencies on its report, none were severe based on CMS' deficiency scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
La Vida Llena Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In La Vida Llena, 8.5% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients staying in one position for too long. Better nursing care reduces the number of pressure ulcers sustained by residents in a nursing home.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In La Vida Llena, 3.08% of Patients had Serious Falls
This is the percentage of patients that sustained a fall which resulted in serious injury.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In La Vida Llena, 1.47% of Patients had UTIs
This statistic tells you the percent of long-term stay residents who had a urinary tract infection. UTI's may be an indicator of a nursing home with worse hygiene protocols. Nevertheless, this metric can also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for these infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In La Vida Llena, 16.78% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients given antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications may be helpful for many residents, it is important to make sure these medications are being used appropriately. In limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In La Vida Llena, 13.49% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is a measure of the percent of long-term residents who are given antianxiety drugs. These drugs are generally prescribed to residents suffering from depression or anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In La Vida Llena, 3.19% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term care patients showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In La Vida Llena, 88.36% of Patients
This is the percent of residents that received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be demanded by residents.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In La Vida Llena, 16.72% Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term stay patients who required increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. ADL's include activities such as dressing and using the bathroom.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In La Vida Llena, 18.98% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of residents that maintained mobility over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In La Vida Llena, 18.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In La Vida Llena, 65.79% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percentage of short-term care residents who experienced functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. Many in the industry believe that this is a measure of a nursing home's rehabilitation performance.
Scores for Albuquerque, NM
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-minus
Looking for more options? Albuquerque, New Mexico has 17 other nursing homes
- Lovelace Women's HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.92 miles away4701 Montgomery Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Government - State(505) 727-7805
- Unm HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.25 miles away2211 Lomas Boulevard Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Other(505) 272-2111
- Presbyterian HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 7.23 miles away1100 Central Avenue Se Albuquerque New Mexico 87106Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 724-8386
- Lovelace Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 7.39 miles away601 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 727-8000
- Lovelace Westside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.19 miles away10501 Golf Course Road Nw Albuquerque New Mexico 87114Proprietary(505) 727-2001
- Unm Sandoval Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.97 miles away3001 Broadmoor Blvd Ne Rio Rancho New Mexico 87144Voluntary non-profit - Private(505) 994-7402
- Albuquerque Kidney Center (Fmc)3.16 miles away11296 Lomas Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87112CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (505) 298-5557
- North Albuquerque Dialysis Center (Fmc)3.63 miles away5200 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 883-7599
- Sandia Peak Dialysis3.69 miles away10410 Copper Pointe Way Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87123Dialysis Stations: 12 (505) 299-0657
- Del Norte Dialysis3.71 miles away5201 San Mateo Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 17 (505) 884-4820
- Albuquerque East (Dci)4 miles away905 Louisiana Blvd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87110CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (505) 254-1800
- Liberty Albuquerque Dialysis (Fmc)4.2 miles away3810 Commons Ave Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87109Dialysis Stations: 19 (505) 345-1224
- Gibson Dialysis Center (Fmc)6.16 miles away5400 Gibson Blvd Se Ssuite 100 Albuquerque New Mexico 87108Dialysis Stations: 25 (505) 255-0111
- Albuquerque Dialysis (Dci)6.49 miles away1500 Indian School Rd Ne Albuquerque New Mexico 87102CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 32 (505) 724-1500