With more than 20 nursing homes to choose from located in Houston, Texas, La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center is one of the multitude of facilities in the city. We awarded this facility an overall grade of B. A grade of this caliber requires respectable scores in most areas. You can definitely do much worse than this place. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card is its inspection rating. Inspection grades are discussed in the next section
La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
3730 W. Orem Drive,
Houston TX 77045
58.83% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
To go along with its strong overall score, we awarded this nursing home an A- for our inspections rating. Inspection ratings are based on many datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Nursing homes that excel in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these places should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. While this facility had a few deficiencies on its report, none of them were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. A few relatively minor deficiencies are not necessarily something to panic about.
This facility received high grades in the area of nursing as well. In fact, it received one of our highest grades in that category with a score of A-. Our nursing score is mostly tied to the facility's level of nurse staffing. This facility provided 4.4 hours of nursing care per patient on a daily basis, which is among the higher figures in the country. A significant portion of those hours were provided by registered nurses, which are one of the most highly skilled levels of nurses. We are really impressed by these figures. On top of providing high levels of care, this facility also performed well in several of the quality measures we looked at. In terms of the percentage of its patients suffering falls resulting in major injury, this place performed as well as any nursing home Texas.
Does this page answer your questions about La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center?
Short-term Care Quality
This facility was awarded an impressive short-term care grade as well. We awarded it one of our higher scores in that category with a score of B. In our short-term care assessment, we attempt to forge a sound gauge for rehabilitation. In this process, we look at the nursing home's levels of skilled nursing services, including both registered nurses and physical therapy, as well as speech therapy. When we assessed this facility's nursing hours, we found it offered more care from registered nurses than most nursing homes. Finally, we considered the number of patients who ultimately returned home from this nursing home. We found that it fared better than most nursing homes in the nation in this area with 52.9 percent of its residents returning home.
Long-term Care Quality
The last area we scored was long-term care. In this category, we gave this nursing home a C. In the area of long-term care, we focus on the amount of services offered by a facility, as opposed to more medically-intensive services. This nursing home's vaccination statistics were a bit weaker than some of its other data points in this category, such as its nursing hours. This facility provided the pneumonia vaccine to just 73.68421 percent of its patients. We'd like to see some improvement in this area next year. The last datapoint we assessed is its hospitalization rate. While it had 2.7 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted statistic was more favorable.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 7.96% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is an indication of the percent of long-term patients which have pressure ulcers. We've found that pressure ulcers are a reliable measure of quality of care.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 3.3% of Patients had Serious Falls
This gauges the percentage of long-term residents who experienced falls which resulted in serious injury. This is one of the statistics we use in calculating nursing grades.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.63% of Patients had UTIs
This datapoint is an indication of the percentage of long-term stay residents who suffered from a UTI. While more infections may reflect poorly on a nursing home's hygiene protocols, it is difficult to compare between facilities due to facilities having varying reporting standards.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.7% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of residents who were prescribed antipsychotic medications. Antipsychotic medications are administered to patients for many medical conditions, such as Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, increased usage of these drugs may indicate a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 22.57% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This statistic gauges the percentage of long-term care patients receiving antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 4.7% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents exhibiting signs of depression.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 95.06% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. High vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.37% Percentage of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. Higher levels of needing for assistance with ADL's may be a sign of decline of a resident's medical condition.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.98% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percentage of patients that were able to retain mobility over time. Preserving mobility is usually a good sign for residents' health.
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 1.58 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is a measure of the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 17.98 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 11.91 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In La Hacienda Nursing & Rehab Center, 66.67% Percentage of Resident
This is the percent of short-term care patients that experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living.
Scores for Houston, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Houston, Texas has 55 other nursing homes
- Hca Houston Healthcare PearlandAcute Care Hospitals 4.14 miles away11100 Shadow Creek Parkway Pearland Texas 77584Proprietary(713) 770-7000
- Sun Behavioral HoustonPsychiatric 4.79 miles away7601 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 795-5025
- Harris Health SystemAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away2525 Holly Hall Houston Texas 77054Government - Hospital District or Authority(713) 566-6417
- Womans Hospital of Texas,TheAcute Care Hospitals 4.87 miles away7600 Fannin Houston Texas 77054Proprietary(713) 790-1234
- Texas Orthopedic HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.16 miles away7401 South Main Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Other(713) 799-8600
- Chi St Luke's Health Baylor College of Medicine MeAcute Care Hospitals 5.42 miles away7200 Cambridge, 11th Floor Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Church(832) 355-1000
- Texas Childrens HospChildrens 5.86 miles away6621 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(832) 824-1000
- Houston Methodist HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.01 miles away6565 Fannin Houston Texas 77030Voluntary non-profit - Private(713) 790-2221
- Tolland Dialysis, LLC1.49 miles away4751 W Fuqua St Houston Texas 77045Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 413-9075
- Omni Dialysis Center3.04 miles away9350 Kirby Drive #110 Houston Texas 77054CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 48 (713) 665-4747
- Fresenius Medical Care Pamela Heights3.12 miles away15917 South Post Oak Rd Suite B Houston Texas 77053Dialysis Stations: 11 (281) 438-0354
- Fmc Meyerland3.32 miles away10311 South Post Oak Houston Texas 77035Dialysis Stations: 16 (713) 283-9488
- Fresenius Medical Care Houston Home LLC3.33 miles away9001 Kirby Drive Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 2 (713) 790-1581
- Usrc West University, LLC3.7 miles away9219 Stella Link Houston Texas 77025Dialysis Stations: 13 (713) 349-0724
- Us Renal Care Home Therapies4.14 miles away8515 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054Dialysis Stations: 5 (713) 668-2744
- Houston Dialysis4.53 miles away900 South Loop West Ste. 100 Houston Texas 77054CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (713) 748-0942