La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is one of four available facilities in Bedford, Texas. This facility was awarded an overall grade of B+, which is a well above average grade. We found this facility to be better than most of the nursing homes in Bedford, which has a city grade of B. The best part of this facility's strong report card was its inspection grade. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
Registered Staff Hours
One of the many reasons this ended up being a quality nursing home is it received an A+ in our inspections category. This is just about as good as it gets in this very important category. We take several aspects of a facility's inspection report into consideration in computing these inspection ratings. One key factor is deficiencies. You should keep in mind that the severity of these deficiencies is usually more important than the quantity of deficiencies, as some deficiencies end up being relatively minor. Fortunately, although this place had some minor dings on its report, it had no severe deficiencies. Severe deficiencies are ones labeled as categories G, H, I, J, K and L. This tells you the government inspectors didn't consider any of the deficiencies on this facility's report to pose an imminent threat to patient safety or health. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Among this facility's other achievements is its top-shelf long-term care grade. It received one of our strongest scores in that area, with a score of A. Facilities that receive this type of score in this category typically provide consistent around the clock care to make sure residents are well cared for. On top of assessing the amount of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we also looked at the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are vital to keeping patients out of the hospital. Lastly, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.02 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of B- in this category is by no means a bad score. Our nursing grade is based on a handful of datapoints, however, the paramount one is the level of nurse hours spent with patients. This nursing home averages 0.3 hours of nursing care per patient per day, which is a very low figure. Finally, while this facility got dinged a bit for nursing hours per resident, it actually excelled in some of our quality measures. With less than five percent of its patients sustaining pressure ulcers, it did remarkably well in this statistic.
Short-term Care Quality
The final category we graded was short-term care, in which this nursing home received a C. Although this turned out to be its lowest category rating, this is nevertheless not a poor grade. Short-term care scores are based in part on a facility's quantity of highly-skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. Unfortunately, it does not look like this facility provided data regarding its registered nurse or physical therapy staffing. The final datapoint we assessed in this area is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that just 0 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home, which is below average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 7.79% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This indicates the percentage of patients who sustained a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many experts to be a measure of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also known as bed sores, are often the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 3.33% of Patients had Serious Falls
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents who have sustained falls which caused major injury. We use this statistic in computing our nursing scores.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.51% of Patients had UTIs
This is the percent of patients who sustained a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be a measure of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. UTI's are routinely associated with worse hygiene protocols. However, this datapoint may be skewed for some facilities due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.48% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint measures the percentage of long-term residents taking antipsychotic medications. While antipsychotic medications play an important role in caring for many residents, it is important to make sure these drugs are being used only where medically required. In limited situations, excessive reliance on these medications may indicate that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 22.56% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents prescribed antianxiety drugs. These drugs are typically given to residents suffering from depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 4.81% of Patients
This is the percentage of residents who are showing depressive symptoms.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 94.64% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients that were administered the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 17.1% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percentage of patients that needed increased assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of needing for assistance with activities of daily living could indicate erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term care residents that maintained mobility.
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 1.67 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 16.36 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In La Dora Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, 11.4 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between staying out of the emergency room and the quality of nursing home care.
Scores for Bedford, TX
- Overall Rating has a grade of B
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Bedford, Texas has 3 other nursing homes
- Texas Health HebAcute Care Hospitals 1.03 miles away1600 Hospital Parkway Bedford Texas 76022Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 848-4000
- Saint Camillus Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 3.02 miles away1612 Hurst Town Center Drive Hurst Texas 76054Proprietary(817) 519-3700
- Medical City North HillsAcute Care Hospitals 4.53 miles away4401 Booth Calloway Road North Richland Hills Texas 76180Proprietary(817) 255-1000
- Texas Health Arlington Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 6.61 miles away800 W Randol Mill Rd Arlington Texas 76012Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 548-6100
- Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital SouthlakeAcute Care Hospitals 6.63 miles away1545 E Southlake Blvd Southlake Texas 76092Government - State(817) 748-8700
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center GrapevineAcute Care Hospitals 6.73 miles away1650 W College St Grapevine Texas 76051Voluntary non-profit - Private(817) 481-1588
- Baylor Medical Center at Trophy ClubAcute Care Hospitals 10.08 miles away2850 E State Highway 114 Roanoke Texas 76262Proprietary(817) 837-4600
- Baylor Medical Center at IrvingAcute Care Hospitals 10.38 miles away1901 N Macarthur Blvd Irving Texas 75061Voluntary non-profit - Private(972) 579-8100
- Heb Dialysis Center0.73 miles away1809 Forest Ridge Drive Bedford Texas 76022CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 545-4509
- Ameri-Tech Kidney Center-Bedford LLC0.92 miles away1600 Central Drive Suite 130 Bedford Texas 76022Dialysis Stations: 20 (817) 540-6084
- Mid Cities Dialysis Center1.95 miles away117 East Harwood Road Hurst Texas 76054Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 656-2843
- North Hills Dialysis4.29 miles away7927 Boulevard 26 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 605-9861
- Dialysis Services of Grapevine5.48 miles away1601 Hart Court Southlake Texas 76092Dialysis Stations: 12 (817) 329-1866
- Us Renal Care Tarrant Dialysis North Richland Hills5.65 miles away6455 Hilltop Dr, Suite 112 North Richland Hills Texas 76180Dialysis Stations: 15 (817) 485-8700
- Greater Irving I Regional Dialysis Center, LLC5.87 miles away1950 Ne Green Oaks Blvd Suite 190 Arlington Texas 76006Dialysis Stations: 24 (817) 460-0510
- Eastchase Dialysis Center6.25 miles away1451 Eastchase Parkway Fort Worth Texas 76120Dialysis Stations: 21 (817) 459-0372