Kutz Rehabilitation and Nursing is an average-sized non-profit nursing home located in Wilmington, Delaware. This nursing home was given an overall rating of A-. As a matter of fact, this is one of the ten highest rated nursing homes in Wilmington. We could not find many negative things to say about this facility. Its scores are just impeccable. This facility also received impressive grades in all of the major categories. More information about these categories can be found below.
Kutz Rehabilitation and Nursing
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Jan 10, 2019 by Nick Lata
704 River Road,
Wilmington DE 19809
93.88% estimated occupancy 1
Note: Data for Kutz Rehabilitation and Nursing has not been updated recently. This page shows historical performance which may not be representitive of current service levels.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
On top of being a first rate facility overall, this place also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A. Few facilities performed better in this category. Our inspection grades are tied to datapoints found on the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this area have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
To complement its first-rate achievements in other areas, we awarded this facility a score of A for its long-term care score. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary goal is to keep patients healthy and safe. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. This nursing home is head and heels above most nursing homes in this category.
Does this page answer your questions about Kutz Rehabilitation and Nursing?
Among its many impressive grades, this facility received an excellent nursing grade. In fact, we gave it a grade of A- in that category. We assessed the levels of nurses working for the facility, in addition to the number of hours those nurses spent with patients, in determining our score in this category. This nursing home provides 0.4 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality measures and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any nursing home Delaware in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can typically be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as having a protocol of turning a resident at least once a day.
Short-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also was given an impressive short-term care score, with a B+. This rounded out a very favorable profile. In the category of short-term care, we endeavor to assess measures of a facility's rehabilitation services. We look at a nursing home's skilled nursing services, including the ones performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not every nursing home employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The final measure we assessed in this category is the number of residents who eventually returned home from the nursing home. We found that 0 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Wilmington, DE
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B-plus
Looking for more options? Wilmington, Delaware has 15 other nursing homes
- Alfred I Dupont Hospital for ChildrenChildrens 3.48 miles away1600 Rockland Rd PO Box 269 Wilmington Delaware 19899Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 651-4000
- Rockford CenterPsychiatric 10.02 miles away100 Rockford Drive Newark Delaware 19713Proprietary(302) 996-5480
- Christiana Care Health Services, Inc.Acute Care Hospitals 10.79 miles away4755 Ogletown-Stanton Road Newark Delaware 19718Voluntary non-profit - Private(302) 733-1000
- Riddle Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.18 miles away1068 West Baltimore Pike Media Pennsylvania 19063Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 566-9400
- Salem Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12 miles away310 Woodstown Road Salem New Jersey 08079Voluntary non-profit - Private(856) 935-1000
- Chester County HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.55 miles away701 East Marshall Street West Chester Pennsylvania 19380Voluntary non-profit - Private(610) 431-5000
- Mercy Catholic Medical Center- Mercy FitzgeraldAcute Care Hospitals 16.62 miles away1500 Lansdowne Ave Darby Pennsylvania 19023Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 237-4000
- Delaware County Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 17.5 miles away501 North Lansdowne Ave Drexel Hill Pennsylvania 19026Voluntary non-profit - Private(215) 284-8100
- Fresenius Kidney Care - North Wilmington1.61 miles away4000 Washington Street Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 762-2903
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Riverside Park2.08 miles awayRiverside Medical Arts Complex, Suite g2 700 W. Lea Boulevard Wilmington Delaware 19802Dialysis Stations: 24 (302) 762-8585
- Liberty Dialysis - Wilmington3.31 miles away913 Delaware Avenue Wilmington Delaware 19806CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (302) 429-0142
- Alfred I. Dupont Hospital for Children Dialysis Center3.41 miles away1600 Rockland Road Wilmington Delaware 19899Dialysis Stations: 6 (302) 651-5374
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Brandywine3.66 miles away303 a Street Wilmington Delaware 19801Dialysis Stations: 25 (302) 658-7469
- Us Renal Care Penns Grove4.79 miles away1 Collins Dr Suite 105 Penns Grove New Jersey 08069Dialysis Stations: 10 (856) 221-8131
- Bio-Medical Applications of Delaware Inc5.26 miles away1417 Foulk Road Wilmington Delaware 19803Dialysis Stations: 12 (302) 479-7130
- Fresenius Kidney Care - Wilmington5.27 miles awaySt. Francis Medical Office Building, Suite 404 7th and Clayton Street Wilmington Delaware 19805Dialysis Stations: 17 (302) 421-9177