Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz is one of only two nursing homes in Lutz, Florida. This nursing home proved to be a respectable facility, with an overall grade of C. Based on our assessment, there are certainly far worse facilities out there. The best part of this nursing home's profile was is its short-term care score. We discuss short-term care in the next section.
Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz
- Nursing Home
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
19091 N Dale Mabry Hwy,
Lutz FL 33548
89.41% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Speech Therapy
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Lutz, Florida Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Lutz, Florida Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
Short-term Care Quality
This facility excelled in our short-term care rating, with an A in this category. Short-term care scores are meaningful for people requiring rehabilitation. Rehabilitation typically utilizes more skilled nursing. This means a broad range of services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, as well as other variations of therapy. Fortunately, it appear that this facility has registered nurses on staff. Not all nursing homes employs these skilled professionals. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. The last statistic we considered in this category is the percentage of patients that returned home from the facility. We found that 6 percent of this nursing home's residents returned home as opposed to remaining at the facility on a permanent basis.
In addition, we awarded this nursing home a grade of B in our nursing category. This is one of our better grades. Nursing scores are mostly tied to a facility's level of nurse staffing. This nursing home averages 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality-based metrics in determining our nursing grades. This nursing home performed very well in terms of avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Does this page answer your questions about Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz?
This facility earned its third best score in inspections. Inspection grades are based on a nursing home's recent government inspection reports. We awarded this nursing home a C in this category. Inspection scores account for several factors found on a nursing home's inspection report. One of the most important criteria we consider is the quantity and severity of deficiencies. This place had 3 deficiencies on its government inspection report, but none were in any of the categories labeled G through L. This means that it avoided the more serious categories of deficiencies. Unfortunately, we also need to draw your attention to the fact that this facility received significant government fines in recent years.
Long-term Care Quality
Switching gears to our next category, this facility did not fare well. Due to a bottom of the barrel grade of F in long-term care, this is this nursing home's poorest category. For long-term care residents, the nursing home's primary objective is to maintain patients' quality of life and keep them safe. In addition to considering the amount of care provided by aids and other staff, we analyzed the percentage of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This facility gave the vaccine to 97.64706 percent of its patients. To our surprise, this facility was able to limit hospitalizations. With just 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, this nursing home had fewer hospitalizations than many nursing homes. Sadly, some of its other scores in this category weren't as favorable as these.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 9.08% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percent of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered by many in the nursing home industry to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care at a nursing home. Pressure ulcers, also called bed sores, are routinely the result of patients not being moved frequently enough.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 2.82% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percent of patients who have had a major fall. Falls resulting in serious injuries are considered by many experts to be a barometer of nursing care at a nursing home. Major falls which result in injury are often the result of lower levels of patient supervision.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 1.81% of Patients had UTIs
This figure is an indication of the percent of long-term residents that have had a UTI. UTI's may be an indicator of a facility with worst hygiene practices. However, this datapoint may be misleading for some nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 10.64% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This tells you the percent of patients who were given antipsychotic drugs. Antipsychotic drugs are prescribed to residents for a variety of medical conditions, including Alzheimer's or other dementias. Unfortunately, in limited cases, excessive reliance on these medications may suggest that a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 21.27% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This gauges the percent of long-term patients taking antianxiety medications.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 2.33% of Patients
This indicates the percent of patients exhibiting depressive symptoms. Increased rates of depression could reveal lower quality care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 94.94% of Patients
This is the percentage of patients who were administered the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be standard at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 13.07% Percentage of Patients
This is the percent of residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 16.78% Percentage of Residents
This indicates the percent of patients that retained mobility levels over time. Optimizing mobility is usually a good sign for residents' well-being.
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 1.76 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric tracks the number of hospitalizations per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 16.78 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between keeping patients out of the hospital and the quality of rehabilitation services.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 9.16 Percentage of Patients
This tells you the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is generally a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the overall quality of nursing home care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Luxe Rehabilitation Center at Lutz, 78.49% Percentage of Resident
This indicates the percentage of short-term residents that saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living.
- Adventhealth TampaAcute Care Hospitals 6.89 miles away3100 E Fletcher Ave Tampa Florida 33613Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 615-7200
- Adventhealth Wesley ChapelAcute Care Hospitals 8.94 miles away2600 Bruce B Downs Blvd Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 929-5490
- Adventhealth CarrollwoodAcute Care Hospitals 9.66 miles away7171 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33614Voluntary non-profit - Church(813) 932-2222
- North Tampa Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 10.82 miles away29910 Sr 56 Wesley Chapel Florida 33543Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 333-0000
- Medical Center of TrinityAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away9330 Sr 54, Ste 401 New Port Richey Florida 34655Proprietary(727) 834-4900
- Memorial Hospital of TampaAcute Care Hospitals 14.78 miles away2901 W Swann Ave Tampa Florida 33609Proprietary(813) 873-6400
- Tampa General HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 14.85 miles away1 Tampa General Cir Tampa Florida 33606Voluntary non-profit - Private(813) 844-7000
- Mease Countryside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 15.71 miles away3231 Mcmullen Booth Rd Safety Harbor Florida 34695Voluntary non-profit - Private(727) 734-6950
- Dsi North Tampa Dialysis3.44 miles away3421 North Lakeview Drive Tampa Florida 33618Dialysis Stations: 17 (813) 261-1864
- Land O Lakes Dialysis4.8 miles away2100 via Bella Blvd Suite# 104 Land O Lakes Florida 34639CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (813) 948-8157
- Carrollwood Dialysis5.28 miles away14358 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa Florida 33618CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (813) 960-3751
- Carrollwood Artificial Kidney Center7.42 miles away4553 Gunn Hwy Westwood Plaza Tampa Florida 33624CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 21 (813) 265-9733
- Wesley Chapel Dialysis8.57 miles away27401 Cashford Circle #102 Wesley Chapel Florida 33544Dialysis Stations: 6 (813) 973-0153
- Usf Dialysis Center8.62 miles away10770 N 46th Street #a100 Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 1 stars Dialysis Stations: 29 (813) 632-7918
- Temple Terrace Dialysis8.89 miles away11306 53rd St Tampa Florida 33617CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 989-2062
- Renal Care Group - North Tampa9.25 miles away12674 Telecom Drive Tampa Florida 33637Dialysis Stations: 24 (813) 971-7580