Kirby Pines Manor is in Memphis, Tennessee. This city is among the most populated metropolitan areas in the country with has 697,385 people. Featuring an overall grade of A, this is without a doubt a first-rate facility. Memphis has a slew of other nursing homes, however, it is doubtful you will need to check out too many others. This one looks like a very fine option. Scroll down to see this facility's category scores, which are also quite good. It is hard to find any major flaws in this place's profile.
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
Kirby Pines Manor
- Nursing Home
- Home Health Agency
- Independent Living
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Apr 1, 2023 by Nick Reese
3535 Kirby Road,
Memphis TN 38115
26.66% estimated occupancy 1
Get our free e-book to learn all about your senior care options.
- Accepts Medicare 1
- No Medicaid 1
- Is CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- Non profit - Corporation
- Secure Memory Care
- Offers Post-Acute Care
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Offers Outpatient Rehab
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Aquatic Therapy
Top Nursing Home in Tennessee Awards 2020
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also excelled in the area of nursing, where it received an A+. Few nursing homes fared better in this area. There are several datapoints included in this grade. Many of these factors relate to staffing levels. This nursing home provides 0.7 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also assessed several nursing quality measures and this place excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any place the state in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can many times be prevented by providing better nursing care, such as by having a protocol of turning residents at least once a day.
This nursing home also received an A+ inspection grade, making it one of the rare places to receive multiple A+'s in our category grades. This grade is based on the facility's recent government inspections. An A+ in this category is one of the highest complements we can pay to a facility. These inspection scores take several factors into consideration, including deficiencies and substantiated complaints. You can find more information about each of these issues by obtaining copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. While this nursing home had some deficiencies on its report, none were major deficiencies based on CMS' scale. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Does this page answer your questions about Kirby Pines Manor?
Long-term Care Quality
Contributing to its first-rate assessment, this facility also was awarded an excellent long-term care grade, with a score of A. For long-term care residents, the primary objective is to keep patients as healthy and safe as possible. This is different than skilled nursing or short-term care where the goal is to rehabilitate residents. Once we looked at the quantity of care provided by nurses aids and other staff, we turned to the facility's vaccination records. Unfortunately, we were not able to locate information about this nursing home's vaccination rates. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. It had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Short-term Care Quality
In our last category, this facility also received an excellent short-term care rating, with a grade of B+. This wrapped up an elite report card. In calculating our short-term care ratings, we quantify the nursing home's skilled nursing services, such as those performed by registered nurses, occupational therapists, physical therapists and other types of therapists. Our goal is to formulate a measure for comparing the rehabilitation services of various facilities. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all nursing homes employs these types of nurses. However, based on the data they provided, it does not look like the facility employs physical therapists. Finally, we assessed the percentage of patients who were able to return to the community from this facility. We found that 3.9 percent of this facility's residents returned home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kirby Pines Manor Quality Metrics
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kirby Pines Manor, 11.68 Percentage of Patients
This indicates the number of emergency room visits per thousand days of short-term patient care. There is a correlation between reduced emergency room visits and the quality of rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kirby Pines Manor, 74.44% Percentage of Resident
Measures the percent of short-term patients that experienced functional improvements.
Scores for Memphis, TN
- Overall Rating has a grade of C
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of C
- Inspection Rating has a grade of B
Looking for more options? Memphis, Tennessee has 12 other nursing homes
- St Francis HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 3.32 miles away5959 Park Ave Memphis Tennessee 38119Proprietary(901) 765-1000
- Delta Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 4.84 miles away3000 Getwell Rd Memphis Tennessee 38118Proprietary(901) 369-8100
- Baptist Memorial HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 5.37 miles away6019 Walnut Grove Road Memphis Tennessee 38120Voluntary non-profit - Private(901) 226-5000
- Crestwyn Behavioral HealthPsychiatric 5.83 miles away9485 Crestwyn Hills Cove Memphis Tennessee 38125Proprietary(901) 457-5667
- Methodist Healthcare - Olive Branch HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 9.49 miles away4250 Bethel Road Olive Branch Mississippi 38654Voluntary non-profit - Private(662) 932-9000
- Saint Francis Bartlett Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.93 miles away2986 Kate Bond Rd Memphis Tennessee 38133Proprietary(901) 820-7050
- Methodist Healthcare Memphis HospitalsAcute Care Hospitals 11.2 miles away1265 Union Ave Suite 700 Memphis Tennessee 38104Voluntary non-profit - Church(901) 516-8274
- Memphis Mental Health InstitutePsychiatric 11.87 miles away951 Court Avenue Memphis Tennessee 38103Government - Local(901) 577-1800
- Fmc East Memphis0.7 miles away6490 Mt. Moriah Ext. Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 31 (901) 367-1001
- Fmc Mt Moriah Dialysis0.71 miles away6490 Mt Moriah Suite 102 Memphis Tennessee 38115CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 547-6401
- Satellite Healthcare South Germantown, LLC1.19 miles away6548 Quince Rd Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 259-3423
- Capelville Dialysis Center2.52 miles away7008 E Shelby Dr Memphis Tennessee 38125Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 757-5001
- Bio-Medical Applications of Tennessee, Inc.2.89 miles away6055 Primacy Parkway Suite 125 Memphis Tennessee 38119Dialysis Stations: 13 (901) 681-4010
- Davita Memphis Southeast3.43 miles away1805 Moriah Woods Blvd Suite 101 Memphis Tennessee 38117CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (901) 685-3192
- Bio-Medical Applictions of Tennessee Inc4.27 miles away4601 Quince Road Memphis Tennessee 38117Dialysis Stations: 19 (901) 767-0223
- u.s. Renal Care South Memphis Dialysis4.73 miles away3960 Knight Arnold Rd Suite 107 Memphis Tennessee 38118CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (901) 365-6709