With an address in Ashland, Kentucky, Kings Daughters Medical Center is one of four nursing homes there. We awarded this nursing home a phenomenal overall rating of A. This is ranked among the better nursing homes in Ashland, which offers plenty of very good facilities. In addition, this is a hospital-based facility, which is a positive for prospective residents with significant health conditions. If you look further down this page, you will see this place's category ratings, which are also strong.
Kings Daughters Medical Center
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
2201 Lexington Avenue,
Ashland KY 41101
In addition to performing well overall, this facility earned a nearly flawless inspection report. As a result, it received one of our highest scores in that area with a grade of A+. Our inspection scores are based on several pieces of information located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that excel in this category tend to have few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes generally do not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with endangerment of patients. Unfortunately, we weren't able to find information about this nursing home's deficiencies. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Short-term Care Quality
Among its many high-end grades, this nursing home was awarded an excellent short-term care grade. In fact, it received a grade of A in that area. Short-term care grades are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled nursing services. This means a wide range of services, spanning from registered nurses to physical and respiratory therapists, as well as other forms of therapy. It does not appear that this facility submitted information about its staffing of registered nurses or physical therapists. Lastly, we considered the number of residents who were able to return to the community from this nursing home, which as an area this nursing home performed much more favorably. We found that it outperformed the vast majority of facilities in the country with 70.4 percent of its patients returning home. This is a significantly higher rate than most nursing homes.
Does this page answer your questions about Kings Daughters Medical Center?
This facility received a very good nursing grade this year as well. It received one of our better scores in that category with a grade of B+. Nursing grades are mostly associated with a nursing home's nurse staffing. This particular nursing home provided 0 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Lastly, we also assessed some nursing quality measures in determining our nursing grades. This place performed very well in the area of avoiding pressure ulcers and major falls. We consider these areas to be good indicators of the quality of nursing care.
Long-term Care Quality
In the final category, this facility also received an impressive long-term care score, with a B+. This finished off a very impressive profile. For residents in need of a permanent residence rather than skilled nursing, long-term care grades are an important measure. Once we assessed the quantity of care provided by nurses and other staff, we then looked at the facility's vaccination records. We weren't able to track down this place's vaccination data. Clearly, this nursing home is doing something right in this area as it also excelled at keeping its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low number.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Scores for Ashland, KY
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of C
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of A-minus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Ashland, Kentucky has 3 other nursing homes
- King's Daughters' Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 0 miles away2201 Lexington Avenue Ashland Kentucky 41101Voluntary non-profit - Private(606) 408-4401
- Our Lady of Bellefonte HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 4.06 miles away1000 Saint Christopher Drive Ashland Kentucky 41101Voluntary non-profit - Private(606) 833-3600
- Cabell Huntington Hospital IncAcute Care Hospitals 11.89 miles away1340 Hal Greer Boulevard Huntington West Virginia 25701Voluntary non-profit - Private(304) 526-2192
- St Mary's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 12.89 miles away2900 1st Avenue Huntington West Virginia 25702Voluntary non-profit - Church(304) 526-1234
- Fmc - Greenup0.46 miles away965 Townhill Plaza Greenup Kentucky 41144Dialysis Stations: 13 (606) 473-0410
- Fmc - Ashland0.54 miles away432 16th Street, Suite A Ashland Kentucky 41101Dialysis Stations: 18 (606) 325-5268
- Fmc - Central Ashland0.56 miles away424 River Hill Drive Ashland Kentucky 41101Dialysis Stations: 20 (606) 329-0363
- Fmc - Ironton5.25 miles away158 N 2nd Street Ironton Ohio 45638Dialysis Stations: 16 (740) 532-3099
- Labette Dialysis LLC7.63 miles away367 County Road 406, Unit 11 South Point Ohio 45680Dialysis Stations: 9 (740) 894-0830
- Fmc - Tri-State Dialysis10.02 miles away517 3rd Avenue Chesapeake Ohio 45619Dialysis Stations: 15 (740) 867-4471
- J Robert Pritchard Dialysis Center11.99 miles away1690 Medical Center Dr Huntington West Virginia 25701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (304) 399-1290
- Fms Cabell Huntington Dialysis Centers, LLC12.12 miles away1500 17th Street Huntington West Virginia 25701Dialysis Stations: 4 (304) 525-8091