King Street Rehab is a senior living facility in Port Chester, New York. This city has a total of 38,352 people. Sporting an overall score of A+, this facility is without a doubt an elite nursing home. Based on our ratings, this place is really as good as it gets. As you will see below, this place performed just as well in our category scores. In fact, we gave it straight A's!
King Street Rehab
- Nursing Home
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
Updated Sep 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
787 King Street,
Port Chester NY 10573
54.41% estimated occupancy 1
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- No Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Individual
- Offers Respite Care
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Medication Management
- Home Making
- Dialysis Transportation
- Speech Therapy
- Stroke Recovery
- Amputee Recovery
- IV Antibiotic Therapy
- Wound Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Therapy
- Tracheotomy Care
- Mental Health
- Diabetes Management
- Physical Therapy
- Respiratory Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
- Pain Management
- Colostomy Care
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
Best Nursing Home in Port Chester, New York Awards 2019
Best Nursing Home in Port Chester, New York Awards 2020
Best Nursing Home in Port Chester, New York Awards 2021
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to being a first rate nursing home overall, this facility also performed well in the area of inspections, where it earned an A+. Few nursing homes performed this well in this area. Arguably the most critical factor we consider in calculating our inspection grades is deficiencies. Deficiencies are found on a facility's inspection reports. Places with higher grades in this area most likely dodged the most severe deficiencies involving health risks or even death. This place was hit with 2 deficiencies on its inspection report, but none of the deficiencies were considered to be severe. This tells you that CMS didn't deem any of the deficiencies an immediate risk to resident health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
Another reason we assessed this nursing home so favorably is that it was given an A+ long-term care grade. This is simply as good as it gets in this area. If you are seeking services other than rehabilitation, you should take a close look at each facility's long-term care scores. In addition to assessing the amount of care provided by nurses and other staff, we looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home administered the vaccine to 38.392857 percent of its patients, which is a few points less than we were hoping for. While its vaccination rate was a bit lower than we like to see, this nursing home was able to limit hospitalizations. Indeed, it had only 0.01 hospitalizations per one thousand long-term resident days, which is an impressively low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about King Street Rehab?
Adding to its impressive resume, this nursing home also excelled in our nursing category. In fact, we awarded it a grade of A for that category. Our nursing grade looks at the facility's level of nurse staffing. We look at both the levels of training of the nurses and the quantity of hours spent with patients. This facility provided 0.5 hours of nursing care per resident per day. Finally, we also looked at several nursing quality-based metrics and this facility excelled in some of these areas. With less than five percent of its residents sustaining pressure ulcers, it performed as well as any facility the country in this category. This is generally a good indicator of quality nursing care. Pressure ulcers can often be avoided by offering better nursing care, such as by employing a protocol of moving residents even once per day.
Short-term Care Quality
In our final category, we awarded this nursing home a grade of A+ for our short-term care grade. This completed an elite report card. In the category of short-term care, we try to assess measures of a nursing home's rehabilitation. We look at the facility's skilled nursing services, including those performed by registered nurses and physical therapists. Fortunately, it looks like this facility employs registered nurses. Not all facilities employs these types of nurses. On the other hand, according to the data they provided, they do not appear to employ physical therapists. The last metric we assessed in this category is the number of residents who were able to leave the facility and return home. We discovered that 5.7 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
King Street Rehab Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In King Street Rehab, 9.58% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This statistic indicates the percent of long-term patients who have new or worsened pressure ulcers or bed sores. We consider this statistic when determining our nursing grades.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In King Street Rehab, 3.04% of Patients had Serious Falls
This datapoint is an indication of the percent of long-term care patients that have experienced a fall leading to severe injury. Falls can arise for a variety of reasons, but high rates of major falls could be an indication of poor nursing care.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In King Street Rehab, 2.1% of Patients had UTIs
This figure measures the percent of long-term care residents who have experienced a urinary tract infection. UTI's could be a sign of a facility with worst hygiene practices. Nevertheless, this metric may be misleading for certain nursing homes due to different reporting standards for UTI's.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In King Street Rehab, 11.59% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This statistic measures the percentage of long-term patients who were prescribed antipsychotic drugs. Excessive reliance on these medications may mean that a facility is using these medications to control patient behavior in scenarios where such drugs are not medically required. Nevertheless, some nursing homes may need to rely more on these drugs due to having more patients with Alzheimer's or other dementias.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In King Street Rehab, 13.3% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This is the percentage of patients who were prescribed antianxiety medications. These drugs are given to patients experiencing anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In King Street Rehab, 13.2% of Patients
This metric measures the percentage of long-term patients demonstrating symptoms of depression. Some experts believe this is a measure of quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In King Street Rehab, 91.26% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents who received the flu and pneumonia vaccines.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In King Street Rehab, 14.75% Percentage of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percentage of long-term residents who needed more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as dressing and taking a bath.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In King Street Rehab, 17.32% Percentage of Residents
This is the percentage of residents who retained mobility levels over time. Preserving mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In King Street Rehab, 1.31 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This is the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In King Street Rehab, 17.32 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This tells you the number of rehospitalizations per 1,000 days of short-term patient care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In King Street Rehab, 8.8 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of emergency room visits per 1,000 days of short-term care. There is a correlation between having fewer emergency room visits and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In King Street Rehab, 75.07% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term care residents who saw functional improvements, such as enhanced ability to perform activities of daily living. High levels of performance with ADL's usually correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Greenwich Hospital Association -Acute Care Hospitals 2.19 miles away5 Perryridge Rd Greenwich Connecticut 06830Voluntary non-profit - Private(203) 863-3000
- Westchester Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 8.01 miles away100 Woods Rd Valhalla New York 10595Government - Hospital District or Authority(914) 493-7000
- Montefiore New Rochelle HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 10.05 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 632-5000
- Phelps Memorial Hospital AssnAcute Care Hospitals 11.16 miles away701 North Broadway Tarrytown New York 10591Voluntary non-profit - Other(914) 366-3000
- St John's Riverside HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.87 miles away976 North Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 964-4444
- Montefiore Mount Vernon HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 11.93 miles away12 North 7th Avenue Mount Vernon New York 10550Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 664-8000
- Northern Westchester HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 12.14 miles away400 East Main Street Mount Kisco New York 10549Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 666-1200
- St Joseph's Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 13.62 miles away127 South Broadway Yonkers New York 10701Voluntary non-profit - Private(914) 378-7000
- Davita Port Chester Dialysis and Renal Center2.35 miles away3020 Westchester Ave Purchase New York 10577CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (914) 701-5232
- Davita White Plains Dialysis Center5.12 miles away200 Hamilton Avenue Suite 13b White Plains New York 10601CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (914) 328-4900
- Davita Stamford Dialysis7.02 miles away30 Commerce Road Stamford Connecticut 06902CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 34 (203) 358-9969
- Westchester Artificial Kidney Center7.5 miles away234 Tarrytown Road Dialysis Unit Elmsford New York 10523CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 592-5858
- Dialysis Clinic Inc, Bradhurst7.5 miles away19 Bradhurst Avenue Hawthorne New York 10532CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 592-4366
- Davita Hudson Valley Dialysis Center9.94 miles away155 White Plains Road Suite 107 Tarrytown New York 10591CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (914) 332-7599
- New York Dialysis Services, Inc.10.08 miles away16 Guion Place New Rochelle New York 10802CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (914) 235-6878
- Glengariff Dialysis Center, LLC10.18 miles away141 Dosoris Lane Glen Cove New York 11542Dialysis Stations: 6 (516) 676-1100