Located in Neptune, New Jersey, King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center is one of six available facilities in the city. This proved to be a quality facility, with an overall grade of B. The facilities in Neptune received high scores across the board with a B+ city grade, making this one of the best places in New Jersey to find a nursing home. This nursing home's strong report card was highlighted by its inspection grade, which is addressed in the next paragraph.
King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center
- Nursing Home
Updated Jun 1, 2022 by Nick Lata
- Accepts Medicare 1
- Accepts Medicaid 1
- No CCRC
- Has Resident Council
- No Family Council
- For profit - Limited Liability company
- Offers Inpatient Rehab
- Personal Care
- Home Making
- Speech Therapy
- Palliative Care
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Recreational Therapy
Registered Staff Hours
On top of being a quality facility overall, this facility really excelled in our inspections category, where it received an A+. Not many facilities fared better in this category. These inspection grades weigh several factors, including deficiencies and federal fines. You can learn more about each of these factors by reviewing copies of nursing homes' inspection reports. This nursing home received 3 deficiencies on its inspection report, but we were relieved to see that none were considered to be major deficiencies. This tells you that the government inspectors did not consider any of these deficiencies to be an imminent threat to patient health or safety. Finally, this facility had no substantiated complaints this year from residents, which is an excellent sign.
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home really excelled in the area of long-term care, where we gave it a grade of A+. Few facilities performed better in this area. When nursing homes receive a grade in this range in long-term care it typically means it's well-staffed and is a quality place to live on a permanent basis. On top of looking at the volume of care provided by aids and other staff, we also looked at the number of residents vaccinated for pneumonia. This nursing home gave the vaccine to 100 percent of its patients. Vaccines are critical to keeping patients out of the hospital. Clearly, this facility is doing something right in this area as it was able to keep its patients out of the hospital. In fact, it had less than one hospitalization per one thousand long-term resident days, which is a remarkably low figure.
Does this page answer your questions about King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center?
Turning to the category of nursing care, this facility didn't perform quite as well in this area as some of the categories discussed above. Nevertheless, a grade of C in this category is by no means a bad score. The nursing score consists of quite a few subcategories, most of which are based on nursing hours. This facility provides 0.3 hours of nursing care per resident each day. This is a much lower figure than we were hoping for. Despite having low quantities of nursing care, this facility excelled in some of the quality-based metrics we looked at. It performed well in the area of minimizing its residents' major falls and pressure ulcers.
Short-term Care Quality
The next category we assessed was short-term care. We gave this nursing home a D in the area of short-term care, leaving this as its least impressive area. In determining our short-term care scores, we analyze a facility's levels of highly skilled nursing services, which includes registered nurses, physical therapists respiratory therapists and other types of therapists. This area is typically a solid measure of the nursing home's rehabilitation. We found that this nursing home was below average in terms of its quantity of physical therapy and registered nurse hours provided to its residents based on the metrics we considered. Finally, we considered the percentage of residents who ultimately returned home from this facility. This nursing home didn't fare well here either. In fact, we found that just 3.2 percent of this facility's residents were able to return home. This figure was well off the national average.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 9.57% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This figure is an indication of the percentage of long-term residents that suffer from pressure ulcers. Many experts believe that pressure ulcers are a solid indicator of nursing care quality.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 2.57% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of residents who have had a major fall. Falls leading to serious injury are routinely caused by lower quality nursing care. Better nursing protocols minimizes the percentage of residents in a nursing home who sustain major falls.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.73% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients who suffered from a urinary tract infection. These infections are sometimes linked to inadequate hygiene.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.75% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This datapoint is a measure of the percent of long-term residents taking antipsychotic drugs. While antipsychotic drugs serve an important medical purpose, it is important to ensure these medications are being used only where medically required. In some situations, increased usage of these drugs may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 17.5% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This tells you the percentage of residents who were prescribed antianxiety drugs. Antianxiety drugs are given to residents experiencing depression and anxiety.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 5.81% of Patients
This datapoint measures the percent of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many believe this is a reliable measure of patient quality of care.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 92% of Patients
This metric is a measure of the percent of long-term patients that were given the pneumonia and flu vaccines. Respiratory viruses can be fatal for nursing home patients, making these vaccines critical to patient health.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 10.99% Percentage of Patients
This metric measures the percent of long-term residents who required more assistance with activities of daily living over time. Activities of daily living include activities such as taking medications and bathing.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.79% Percentage of Residents
This tells you the percent of residents that remained mobile levels over time. Optimizing mobility is often a good sign for residents' health.
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This metric is a measure of the number of times residents are hospitalized per 1,000 days of patient care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 14.79 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
This is a measure of the number of times residents are rehospitalized per 1,000 days of short-term resident care.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 8.17 Percentage of Patients
This is the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In King Manor Care and Rehabilitation Center, 80.57% Percentage of Resident
This tells you the percent of short-term residents who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of autonomy with ADL's often correlates with higher quality rehabilitation services.
Scores for Neptune, NJ
- Overall Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Nurse Rating has a grade of B
- Long-term Care Rating has a grade of B-plus
- Short-term Care Rating has a grade of B-minus
- Inspection Rating has a grade of A
Looking for more options? Neptune, New Jersey has 5 other nursing homes
- Monmouth Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 6.15 miles away300 Second Avenue Long Branch New Jersey 07740Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 222-5200
- Ocean Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 10.97 miles away425 Jack Martin Blvd Brick New Jersey 08724Voluntary non-profit - Other(732) 840-2200
- Monmouth Medical Center-Southern CampusAcute Care Hospitals 13.89 miles away600 River Ave Lakewood New Jersey 08701Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 363-1900
- Centrastate Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 14.32 miles away901 West Main Street Freehold New Jersey 07728Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 431-2000
- Bayshore Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 15.15 miles away727 N Beers St Holmdel New Jersey 07733Voluntary non-profit - Private(732) 739-5900
- Shining Star Davita Neptune Dc0.38 miles away2180 Bradley Avenue Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 2 stars Dialysis Stations: 18 (732) 775-2725
- Davita Shore Dialysis1 miles away300 West Sylvania Avenue Suite 1 Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 16 (732) 988-3684
- Fmc Neptune1.23 miles away2441 State Hwy 33 at Fortunato Place Neptune New Jersey 07753CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 25 (732) 643-9260
- Dialyze Direct1.63 miles away3297 State Route 66 Neptune New Jersey 07753Dialysis Stations: 7 (732) 806-9990
- Davita Atlantic Akc4.14 miles away6 Industrial Way West Suite B Eatontown New Jersey 07724CMS Rating: 3 stars Dialysis Stations: 27 (732) 460-1414
- Wall Township Home Training4.74 miles away5100 Belmar Blvd Ste 1 Farmingdale New Jersey 07727Dialysis Stations: 6 (732) 938-2780
- Shining Star Davita Middletown Dc9.07 miles awayUnion Square Plaza 500 Route 35 South Red Bank New Jersey 07701Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 576-9900
- Meridian Fresenius Dialysis Red Bank9.44 miles away48 East Front Street Red Bank New Jersey 07701CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 15 (732) 530-2239