Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore is a senior living facility located in Livermore, California, which has a total of 83,763 people. This facility received an A- overall, which is one of the highest ratings we offer. A score of this caliber requires excellent marks across the board. This grade is higher than the city grade of B+ in Livermore, which is also an impressive grade. The best aspect of this nursing home's strong report card was its inspection reports. Inspection grades are discussed in the next paragraph
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore
Updated May 1, 2022 by Nick Reese
76 Fenton Street,
Livermore CA 94550
98.19% estimated occupancy 1
Registered Staff Hours
In addition to receiving a great overall rating, this nursing home also performed well in our inspections category, which is based on its inspection reports. We awarded it an A in that area. Inspection scores are based on datapoints located in the a nursing home's recent inspection reports. Places that receive favorable grades in this category tend to have very few deficiencies on those reports. Most importantly, these nursing homes should not have any severe deficiencies which are associated with risks to patient safety. This particular nursing home had just a single deficiency on its inspection report and it was not one deemed to pose a threat to patient health or safety. Even some of the best nursing homes receive an occasional ding on their inspection report.
Adding to its strong resume, this facility also received an excellent nursing score, with a grade of A-. Nursing ratings are based in large part on quality and quantity of nursing care. This nursing home provided 4.1 hours of nursing care per resident on a daily basis. This is an impressive statistic which typically corresponds with quality care. Lastly, this nursing home also excelled in the quality measures we assessed. It performed as well as any nursing home California when it comes to avoiding major falls and pressure ulcers.
Does this page answer your questions about Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore?
Long-term Care Quality
This nursing home also was given a top-shelf long-term care score. In fact, this turned out to be this nursing home's third most impressive category score. In that category, this facility received a score of A-. Facilities that excel in this category typically are well-staffed and offer extensive hands on care to residents. After considering the very impressive nursing hours and other staffing provided by this facility, we next considered the facility's vaccination statistics. This nursing home vaccinated 100 percent of its patients for pneumonia, which is much higher than most nursing homes. The last datapoint we assessed was the nursing home's hospitalization rate. Although it had 2.21 hospitalizations per 1,000 long-term resident days, its risk adjusted metric was middle of the road due to it having some more complicated patients.
Short-term Care Quality
The final area we scored proved to be this facility's worst area. Nevertheless, even in its weakest link we still awarded it a decent grade of B- in our short-term care category. Short-term care scores are based on a nursing home's quantity of skilled highly skilled professionals. This means a vast range of nursing services, ranging from registered nurses to physical and occupational therapists, in addition to other variations of therapy. This nursing home boosted its score in this category by offering more physical therapy hours to its residents than the average facility. The final measure we assessed in this category is the percentage of residents that eventually returned home from the facility. It performed respectably with 47.8 percent of its patients returning home.
Rating Over Time
Compared to national and state averages across all facilities.
Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore Quality Metrics
Minimizes Pressure Ulcers
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 7.63% of Patients had Pressure Ulcers
This is the percentage of residents who suffered from a pressure ulcer. Pressure ulcers are considered to be a barometer of the quality of nursing care . Pressure ulcers, which are also called bed sores, are routinely the result of residents staying in one position for too long.
Minimizes Serious Falls
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 1.66% of Patients had Serious Falls
This tells you the percentage of long-term care residents which have experienced falls resulting in serious injury. We use this statistic in determining nursing ratings.
Minimizes Urinary Tract Infections
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 1.19% of Patients had UTIs
This indicates the percent of patients that suffered from a urinary tract infection. UTI's are considered to be an indicator of the quality of nursing care . UTI's are routinely linked to lower quality nursing care. However, this datapoint may also be skewed for certain nursing homes due to inconsistent reporting standards for infections.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Psychotic Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 9.98% of Patients use Anti-Psychotic Medication
This metric gauges the percent of long-term stay residents who were administered antipsychotic drugs. High levels of antipsychotic drug use may suggest a nursing home is using these medications to control patient behavior in situations where such drugs are not medically indicated. However, some nursing homes may need to rely on these drugs due to having more residents with cognitive disorders.
Appropriately Uses Anti-Anxiety Medication
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 13.87% of Patients use Anti-Anxiety Medication
This indicates the percent of residents given antianxiety medications. These drugs are prescribed to residents suffering from anxiety and depression.
Managing Depression Among Residents
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 4.32% of Patients
This datapoint is a measure of the percentage of long-term care residents exhibiting signs of depression. Many argue that this is a reasonable measure of patient quality of life.
Appropriate Vaccine Usage
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 96.21% of Patients
This indicates the percentage of patients that have received the flu and pneumonia vaccines. Higher vaccination rates should be the norm at this point.
Residents Maintain Autonomy
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 8.35% Percentage of Patients
This tells you the percent of patients that required additional assistance with activities of daily living over time. High levels of dependence on staff for assistance with ADL's may indicate the erosion of a patient's well-being.
Ability to Keep Residents Mobile
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 14.01% Percentage of Residents
This is a measure of the percent of long-term stay residents that retained mobility levels. Many in the industry believe that mobility is critical to patients mental and physical health.
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 1.49 Hospitalizations per 1,000 resident days
This tells you the number of hospitalizations per thousand days of patient care. There is usually a correlation between having fewer hospitalizations and the overall quality of care.
Short-term Care: Rehospitalizations
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 14.01 Percentage of Residents Rehospitalized
Measures the number of times residents are rehospitalized per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding rehospitalizations during rehabilitation is key to restoring the physical well-being of patients.
Short-term Care: ER Visits
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 9.82 Percentage of Patients
This datapoint measures the number of times residents are sent to the emergency room per thousand days of short-term care. Avoiding medical emergencies is one way to measure patient care during rehabilitation.
Short-term Care: Facilitates Functional Improvement
In Kindred Nursing and Healthcare - Livermore, 79.69% Percentage of Resident
This is the percentage of short-term stay patients who experienced functional improvements, such as with activities of daily living. High levels of performance with activities of daily living generally correlates with superior rehabilitation.
- Stanford Health Care - ValleycareAcute Care Hospitals 5.38 miles away5555 West Las Positas Boulevard Pleasanton California 94588Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 447-7000
- San Ramon Regional Medical CenterAcute Care Hospitals 11.9 miles away6001 Norris Canyon Road San Ramon California 94583Proprietary(925) 275-9200
- Washington HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 13.43 miles away2000 Mowry Ave Fremont California 94538Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 797-1111
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - FremontAcute Care Hospitals 13.5 miles away39400 Paseo Padre Pkwy Fremont California 94538Voluntary non-profit - Private(510) 784-4000
- St Rose HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 16.87 miles away27200 Calaroga Ave Hayward California 94545Voluntary non-profit - Church(510) 782-6200
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - AntiochAcute Care Hospitals 18.94 miles away4501 Sand Creek Road Antioch California 94531Voluntary non-profit - Private(925) 813-6500
- Sutter Tracy Community HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.42 miles away1420 North Tracy Blvd Tracy California 95376Voluntary non-profit - Private(209) 835-1500
- San Leandro HospitalAcute Care Hospitals 19.72 miles away13855 E 14th Street San Leandro California 94578Government - Hospital District or Authority(510) 357-6500
- Livermore Dialysis Center2.88 miles away3201 Doolan Road Suite 175 Livermore California 94551CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (925) 245-9780
- Pleasanton Dialysis Center8.12 miles away5720 Stoneridge Mall Road #160 Pleasanton California 94588CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 20 (925) 737-0120
- Davita Fremont Dialysis13.38 miles away2599 Stevenson Blvd Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 796-4385
- Wellbound of Menlo Park LLC13.44 miles away39510 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Suite 100 Fremont California 94538Dialysis Stations: 4 (510) 953-7800
- Fmc Fremont13.51 miles away39505 Paseo Padre Parkway Fremont California 94538CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 659-1240
- Union City Dialysis Center14.47 miles away32930 Alvarado-Niles Road #300 Union City California 94587CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 38 (510) 489-6996
- Fmc Ardenwood15.87 miles away37478 Cedar Blvd Ste A Newark California 94560CMS Rating: 5 stars Dialysis Stations: 12 (510) 744-0790
- Hayward15.94 miles away1661 Industrial Parkway West Hayward California 94544CMS Rating: 4 stars Dialysis Stations: 24 (510) 266-5743